Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bonejelly
    • Jul 2008

the application of the guidi leather to the classic mountaineering boot style looks fucking awesome. i can understand that the shape may not appeal to some, but i think the somewhat grotesque proportion is part of what makes it look so cool within this context.

additionally, with the vibram sole and substantial design, these seem a lot more suited to everyday purposes than a lot of other sz- approved footwear...

not sure about you sinnedk, but not all of us spend our lives in art galleries. the argument that these are only functional as mountain climbing boots is silly.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
      no.
      people buy shit on sz because they like the concept and execution behind it.
      in this case, guidi leather and construction as with ALL OTHER GUIDI PRODUCTS.
      its up to each person's discretion and income bracket to buy as general or as specific as I want.

fuck if i were filthy rich I'd get ccp to make my toiler paper out of object tanned ass cheeks
      Wouldn't you rather give to charity?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cowsareforeating
        • Jan 2011

yes, faust, i would.
        but i'm sure you understand that i was just being facetious...

just was irked that he was basically accusing hdg of buying guidi because its guidi -- its really none of his business even if he were

not that he needs me to defend him.

plus. I thought i was making a tongue-in-cheek remark about ccp fanaticism although I guess it would be more appropriate to remark about toilet paper made by harnden out of boiled newspaper...

Comment

• Lane
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Wouldn't you rather give to charity?
          rather buy those ugly hiking boots

ok, in all seriousness, sinnedK has a point, since if we value something of higher statute why would i invest in something that looks similar to luggz. However, they aren't completely bad, its mainly the eyelets and bulky look because of the shape.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
            • Jun 2009

I personally love the look of vintage hiking boots, but never found any that were comfortable enough for city wear. When i lived in Washington, I was an avid mountaineer and camper, and can attest to the break-in period of these kinds of boots, and how much misery that can cause. From my experience, trying on other people's used vintage boots can be equally painful, as they mould to the individual's foot. I was drawn to the Guidi as I felt that they may not be the same, and could be slightly more maliable, regardless of the tough aesthetic. To me, they are beautiful. But wearable? Not sure.
            Le 21ème

Comment

• sinnedk
              Banned
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Lane View Post
              rather buy those ugly hiking boots
              ok, in all seriousness, sinnedK has a point, since if we value something of higher statute why would i invest in something that looks similar to luggz. However, they aren't completely bad, its mainly the eyelets and bulky look because of the shape.
              Lane we agree for once, I am glad you understood what i meant, if this guy was buying the 988 backzips then awesome or even the boxer boot (not a fan of personally) but yeah why buy expensive luggz/timberlands.

Comment

• mattizzle
                • Oct 2011

Can anyone tell me the difference between 788Z and 788ZS?

I am not sure if its the lighting etc of the photos, the leather on the 788Z appears to be smoother

Comment

• SlightRight
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mattizzle View Post
                  Can anyone tell me the difference between 788Z and 788ZS?

I am not sure if its the lighting etc of the photos, the leather on the 788Z appears to be smoother
                  Z means double heel and S means double sole.
                  I figured it out about a month ago. I believe there is no such detail in the thread yet. Nice to bring it up.

Comment

• mattizzle
                    • Oct 2011

thanks SlightRight!
                    Looking at the photos the 788ZS do have thicker sole.

Cheers

Comment

• SlightRight
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mattizzle View Post
                      thanks SlightRight!
                      Looking at the photos the 788ZS do have thicker sole.

Cheers
                      U r very welcome, m!

Comment

• sinnedk
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by SlightRight View Post
                        Z means double heel and S means double sole.
                        I figured it out about a month ago. I believe there is no such detail in the thread yet. Nice to bring it up.
                        i too appreciate this info, always wondered,

BTW ms = no toe cap

Comment

• sinnedk
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2011

Last edited by sinnedk; 04-02-2012, 07:08 PM. Reason: nvm

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
                            • Feb 2012

What's the consensus on Guidi for the flat-footed? Impossible? Or size up two? Couldn't find anything here on the subject...

If it makes a difference, i'm looking at reverse bison back-zips.

Comment

• chomeo
                              • Mar 2010

^^ the newer season suggests to size up 1-2 due to the "flatness" of the toebox. since you're flat-footed, perhaps go up one more and use an insole? orthotic?

Comment

• kuugaia
                                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by PoubelleMaBelle View Post
                                What's the consensus on Guidi for the flat-footed? Impossible? Or size up two? Couldn't find anything here on the subject...

If it makes a difference, i'm looking at reverse bison back-zips.
                                I'm very flat-footed and use orthotics. My regular size is 42.5-43 and got the donkey backzips in size 45. I reckon I could have squeezed into a 44, but the 45 works too. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎