Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1124

Thread: GUIDI

This looks very interesting:

Anyone who went/still going to the showroom?

They've been doing these jackets in collaboration with Layer-0 for years.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Hi,

I’ve just read something particularly weird, strange and questioning…

It is about the latest GUIDI contest entitled « ART FOR ART’S SAKE » which invites artists to submit their works (Sculpture, painting, photography, performance, video, sound… etc. etc.)
    for an Art exhibition which will take place next April in Berlin.

The questioning « thing » here, is that concerning their « Participation agreement » , that every artists have to sign first before participating the contest, the ART.1 stipulate that "by signing this regulation, each participant recognizes and acknowledges that all industrial and intellectual property rights belongs to GUIDI that becomes the proprietor, in relation to the work and its related material, of all rights to economic use, including rights of publication, reproduction, distribution, communication, in whatever form or method, by any means, without limits of space or time. (…) The GUIDI company will also have the right to register your project and use it for commercial purposes in any form or manner whatsoever. The transfer of the rights mentioned above is made free of charge and it remains understood that participants shall not be entitled to any compensation or remuneration for any use or commercial exploitation of the work that may be put in place. etc.etc. »

So… either I misunderstand OR it is PURE exploitation and slavery!!
    If someone has some enlightenments to make I will be vey happy to hear him or her.

Here are the links:
    To the Participation Agreement: http://www.guidi.it/contest/pdf/enco...orartssake.pdf
    To the contest intro: http://www.guidi.it/contest/contest.php

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert View Post
    Hi,

It is about the latest GUIDI contest entitled « ART FOR ART’S SAKE » which invites artists to submit their works (Sculpture, painting, photography, performance, video, sound… etc. etc.)

If someone has some enlightenments to make I will be vey happy to hear him or her.
    To be honest this sounds like the same old terms and conditions we agree to when submitting content to many platforms, like Instagram, Facebook, etc. It's a pretty standard clause I think. I don't agree with it, I absolutely think it's shady as fuck, but I don't think it's unusual or uncommon.
    some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Maybe asking the artists to relinquish all economic rights is a cheeky way of underlining ars gratia artis.

(No, I do not believe this is really the motivation. I do wonder how often it's the case with competitions of this nature, or of this is unusual in that regard.)

This is common practice when submitting art/film etc. for competitions. It's just the one piece, not like a record label where they basically own your entirety in this regard.

I hate to apply the words "commercial art" to this situation because some people may think that means selling out or altering one's vision to make the sale. You may tailor your piece to make it more appealing to the judges (I'm hoping they can dismiss blatant ass-kissing) or submit a piece that stands purely on its own merits. I would think, given Guidi's respect in these forums, one would be honored to have their work purchased and integrated into any future Guidi campaigns.

Hi,

The questioning « thing » here, is that concerning their « Participation agreement » , that every artists have to sign first before participating the contest, the ART.1 stipulate that "by signing this regulation, each participant recognizes and acknowledges that all industrial and intellectual property rights belongs to GUIDI that becomes the proprietor, in relation to the work and its related material, of all rights to economic use, including rights of publication, reproduction, distribution, communication, in whatever form or method, by any means, without limits of space or time. (…) The GUIDI company will also have the right to register your project and use it for commercial purposes in any form or manner whatsoever. The transfer of the rights mentioned above is made free of charge and it remains understood that participants shall not be entitled to any compensation or remuneration for any use or commercial exploitation of the work that may be put in place. etc.etc. »

Here are the links:
    To the Participation Agreement: http://www.guidi.it/contest/pdf/enco...orartssake.pdf
    To the contest intro: http://www.guidi.it/contest/contest.php

Yup, this is why I'm not sending work in to the contest. A huge disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by naveee View Post
    Yup, this is why I'm not sending work in to the contest. A huge disappointment.
    Glad to know that I'm not the only one knowing how to read... it is the first time that I see "attitudes" of competitions as exploiting and disparaging for the artist. I won't participate either, I'm more than disappointed about Guidi, I think it reveals a whole state of mind.

Hi guys. I spoke with GUIDI about this, and they said it was a mistake in the contract that they had no time to address. Basically, all they need are reproduction rights for a year, in case they want to take the exhibition on the road after presenting it in Berlin.

More on the art contest - the deadline is tomorrow.

https://www.sz-mag.com/news/2017/03/...s-art-contest/

GUIDI_CONTEST.jpg
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

So they ask artists to sign a contract with a "mistake" in it just because they had no time to rectify it?...
    This is just illegal.

To sign a contract which is not rectified means that you agreed the terms and conditions mentioned in this contract... which is really not professional.

But I think that this contest is maybe reserved for beginners or students? Any professional artists would never sign that kind of contract.

What can I say - I'm just a messenger. If you really think GUIDI has some nefarious plan to exploit your art, don't participate. I highly doubt it, though.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

They should pay the 5 winners for using their work after the exhibition. Also the contract is shady. Don't fall for it beginning artists, take it from someone who made the mistake to submit work for free out of desperation in the past.

By signing this Regulation, each participant recognises and acknowledges that all
    industrial and intellectual property rights on the projects designed by them will
    belong exclusively to Guidi 1896 Srl.

and then ARTWORKS MAY HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY EXHIBITED

lol what?
    a fish out of water dies

I work with an organization who runs a yearly filmmaking kind of contest/program that has similar clauses, they take all the footage, etc.

edit oh but they still let the participants keep their own copy of footage and films though.

Of course I absolutely won't participate to this trap, and let me tell you that I'm not the only one to think that... All this is both regrettable and reveals a state of mind...
    Even the title "Art for Art's Sake" is it a joke?!
    And I don't know for you, as a member of the Jury, and if you have a code of ethic how can you support this?

For those of you in Berlin this weekend.

Even the title "Art for Art's Sake" is it a joke?!
    Gilbert, perhaps a brief study of Wilde may help.

I wrote an epic, 3333-word article on GUIDI's manufacturing process, from nuts to bolts, for the current issue of Highsnobiety magazine. Pick it up, you won't regret it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Hello everyone,

I have a simple question about 988. I am planning to order a pair of 988 between the woven version, 988MS WO or the normal 988. I have never seen anyone wearing the woven version in real, wondering how the woven version ages. Will there be wrinkles just like the normal 988? And also, I wonder if they fit the same or bigger than normal guidi small sizing.

Hope to hear from all you experts.
    Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I wrote an epic, 3333-word article on GUIDI's manufacturing process, from nuts to bolts, for the current issue of Highsnobiety magazine. Pick it up, you won't regret it.
    Very interesting article, nice to find out about the production – makes me want a pair even more.
    Sad to see Highsnob’s Art Direction department screwed up the background color, it’s quite hard to read.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton