Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

has anyone besides atelier and the archive received FW09 stock? looking for medium and tall backzips with a regular heel but ANY and the archive didn't order them this season.

Comment

• sargon97
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by dji View Post
      has anyone besides atelier and the archive received FW09 stock? looking for medium and tall backzips with a regular heel but ANY and the archive didn't order them this season.
      "but ANY"?

If you know your size you could try PNP-FIRENZE.COM.

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by dolochov View Post
        hm, since there isn't a s/s 2010 thread yet:

woven back zips (pic from atelier blog)

There's a perfectly good WTF thread though.
        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
          "but ANY"?

If you know your size you could try PNP-FIRENZE.COM.
          no guidi listed on their site atm.

Comment

• Time & Space
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
            Maxfields in LA I believe has quite a few. Also you are better off to email Marco personally and ask him what stock he has or is getting. Let alone the fact he can usually get any pair you want as Guidi is basically in his neighborhood...He called Guidi for me and he special ordered a pair that I wanted from F/W 08 and they made them as a one off...amazing...That was Marco for you...

PNP-FIRENZE.COM, email him..

I just picked up a pair from him some $250.00 cheaper than US prices and that was with shipping...Amazing...
            "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

thanks for the info man, I'll shoot him an email.

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by triumphoftiredeyes View Post
                ^ Those were Augusta's last time I checked. But I could be drinkens again. Still they are pretty hot regardless of race.
                Yes, Augusta's. And amazing. Drink up.

Comment

• laughed
                  • Jul 2009

Well, A never got back to me on my guidi and augusta price checks, i can't post in classifieds, but if anyone has a used guidi bag they want to get rid of let me know....I just bought a 17inch macbook pro instead of new bag and clothes, so used is better for the budget now. thanks.

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                    Well, A never got back to me on my guidi and augusta price checks
                    Call them. I've never received a response to any emails I've sent them. However, when I call they're just as attentive as if I were in the store.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I would like for peeps to file more reports on the back zips here. What leather, height, you have, how has been the experience wearing them etc. Tried on a pair of donkeys today (had to size up 2 sizes), and they did not feel comfortable, but I was told that the donkeys will stretch in time and than they will be comfortable donkeys. I liked the look, but the shaft was too narrow to tuck my slimmest pants in. Is cropped pants the only option?

Also saw them in bulls and calves - muu, muu! Thinking calf maybe the best option, since it's the softest. Also, thinking whether I should go for the lowest version, or the one that's a bit higher.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KM80
                        • Mar 2008

I have some sheepskin I guess mid height side zips that are very similar in fit to back zips I've tried.

The toes were a bit tight at first but they got really comfortable quickly and now feel so good!

I don't like the look of tucking slimmer pants into these for some reason, I like either tucking looser pants or wearing slimmer pants over top, as pictured here:

Comment

• tomatous
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2009

I have the same impression about the back zips. I adore the shoe itself, but even my slimmest pant would look awkward tucked in. Cropped pants are the only option, in my opinion. I would also say get the highs.. The leather scrunched sock effect is beautiful.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I would like for peeps to file more reports on the back zips here. What leather, height, you have, how has been the experience wearing them etc. Tried on a pair of donkeys today (had to size up 2 sizes), and they did not feel comfortable, but I was told that the donkeys will stretch in time and than they will be comfortable donkeys. I liked the look, but the shaft was too narrow to tuck my slimmest pants in. Is cropped pants the only option?

Also saw them in bulls and calves - muu, muu! Thinking calf maybe the best option, since it's the softest. Also, thinking whether I should go for the lowest version, or the one that's a bit higher.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post

consider yourself lucky i wish i could get them to fit that way. they'll stretch.

go for the higher version.
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Ivans On High
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
                              This looks very nice indeed. What pants are they of you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• viceroy
                                • Aug 2009

I recently bought a pair of back-zips (angled, ankle-height, donkey, substantial heel). I am generally a 42.5, and bought a 44. The width will stretch, so you will want these to be quite snug when you first buy them. Because mine are angled, considerable space opens at the back of the leg (which allows for slim pants to be tucked in easily). After several wears they become very comfortable, and the quality is truly remarkable. I will certainly be buying more Guidi in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎