Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: GUIDI

Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    FYI, purchasing guidis in many places carrying the line comes with the option of custom order. custom order can accommodate any particular shaft height you may need. as well as any other design feature, treatment, style..etc..

its quite possible to create your ultimate guidi boot at retail price. another option of wearing them is leaving the very top portion of the shaft slightly unzipped, creating a wider opening in the back.
    Do you have any more insight into the customization process? Can I select any model from previous seasons? What kind of treatment, features are possible? Also, does guidi offer the bull and donkey leathers in different colors or only black / brown?

When I was talking to the SA at Maxfield's he said that it wasn't really a full MTM order like what you're saying but rather, one can custom order the current season models in different leathers and sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by DRRRK View Post
    Hi Faust,

could you check if FW09 Forme d"expression is on sale instore? It is still regular priced online.
    Everything is regular price.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by stretcheroo View Post
    MOD 995 laceups in Gray in size 44. I take it you are in Florence?
    BTW, I received an email back from him this morning that said the boots are available.
    Ok, cool.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

^Did you pick up anything cool from PNP?

No, saving money for Paris.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Great little store right there from Marco in Florence...

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    No, saving money for Paris.
    Maybe someday you'll share how you do that -- saving money that is.

Self-discipline, grasshopper :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Self-discipline, grasshopper :-)
    If Faust were lacking in this regard, he would have gone bankrupt long ago running a forum like this...I periodically have to take an SZ break to allow the coffers to refill themselves...

I understand that. The way I see it, man is the measure of all things. We are responsible for our own actions. I blame Camus.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

anyone have any experience with this boot yet? at first i was quite put off by it but now its sort of growing on me....but not sure how comfortable that front zipper would be at the ankle. seems low enough to not be a bother

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

i was never a fan of this style either but i saw someone wearing them in the street the other day and was surprised by how good they looked. having tried them on i can tell you that the zipper won't cause any grief.

I just received some Guidi boots from Marco @ PNP. They arrived via UPS with a $76.72 COD "brokerage fee." Anybody had this experience and know what the additional fee is for? I paid 50e for delivery to PNP.

UPS/ Fedex always has brokerage fees. Most likely due to custom tax + brokerage fee thats needed to cross customs

customs?

I just received some Guidi boots from Marco @ PNP. They arrived via UPS with a $76.72 COD "brokerage fee." Anybody had this experience and know what the additional fee is for? I paid 50e for delivery to PNP.
    I have gotten numerous shoes from him. That is a customs / duties tax fee for imports. I have had the same costs in the past...

^ Thanks Grapz, kbi and T&S. Its nice to have the institutional experience when dealing with worldwide shipping these days.

^ Thanks Grapz, kbi and T&S. Its nice to have the institutional experience when dealing with worldwide shipping these days.
    What do the shoes look like? Which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by AKA*NYC View Post
    i was never a fan of this style either but i saw someone wearing them in the street the other day and was surprised by how good they looked. having tried them on i can tell you that the zipper won't cause any grief.
    I've always wondered about these... I'm even more intrigued after your statement. guess i'll have to see in person, unless someone has fit pics.

Quote Originally Posted by comex9 View Post
    I've always wondered about these... I'm even more intrigued after your statement. guess i'll have to see in person, unless someone has fit pics.
    Funny you should ask...