Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior WAYLT...where are you living today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I've been meaning to take pictures of our apartment for the past 2 years... heres a few I took a couple of months back:

2 3 4 5 6 7
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• whitney
      • Dec 2009

always had clean cut simplistic that stands out in a lovely way.. especially like the self made (i'm assuming) dining room light..looks like you have it set to one height but it'll be cool if you can actually pull the rope it up higher or lower..but for convenience sake and unlikelihood you'd actually need to dim or have a stronger ray..

awesome in taking up space without being cluttered or overly so.

i'm curious to see your wife's ikea closet!
      you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Visited lowrey yesterday - a fine flat indeed! The building too, has lots of history.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Matis
          • Feb 2010

Really nice places !

Why do people have their paintings on the floor? Is it because the flat is rented, so you cant make holes in the wall ? Or the records and books on the floor.
          Im just curious, no hate.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I actually like the way it looks. we own the apartment so I can hammer the walls all I want, but placement is problematic for me personally, it would have to be perfect and even then it might bug me. plus having prints etc on the floor makes the walls look higher. same with books, I haven't found a bookcase I like and that would fit, so I have several piles of them on the floors.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Visited lowrey yesterday - a fine flat indeed! The building too, has lots of history.
            not quite as clean as in the pictures right now
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DRRRK
              • Aug 2009

Except for the couch I like everything I can see in these pictures. The paintings on the floor and the unfinished looking dining table lamp (and the bike) disturb the clean shapes of the rest and give it a more temporary and dynamic impression.
              For couches though I would always prefer something with higher legs for a lighter impression.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I too keep my art books on the floor. I like the way it looks.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

What do you guys do with your wires? I really hate all the speaker wires I have on the floor.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nadir
                    • May 2011

Ideally it would be nice to have speaker wires running through the walls - obviously a bit difficult if it's not your own place or you plan on moving things one day.

I am lucky (?unlucky) enough to have had some incompetent termite hunters make a hole in the floor that they couldn't fix, so my amplifier sits over that and the wires go under the floorboards, coming up underneath the skirting boards next to the speakers. I did used to have it run through the ceiling though.

Comment

• nadir
                      • May 2011

^ the hole in the floor also makes a convenient place to stash wine, and because you can't see anything it's like a lucky dip when you're hunting for a drop.

Comment

• comedyzen
                        • May 2009

Let me start this post by equating my art preferences to the "Occupy Wall Street" movement. My tastes are definitely in the 1%. That said, I recently got married, and awhile back, my wife and I had a discussion about the art I owned and if we would hang it in the new place. I wanted to spread my beauties throughout our dwelling, she wanted to place them in the fireplace. Well, this elevated into a slight argument. After much fun, we had a solution which I will present to you now. Here is the subject of our debate and the solution:

This was the resolution (for her):

All of my signed/#'d ltd ed lithos, a handful of originals, and giclee prints got thrown in the guest stink room. The good thing is that I always get inspired when I handle my bidness.:
                        Last edited by comedyzen; 11-14-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Crowzer
                          • Feb 2011

Haha very nice indeed. Best solution, the only piece where you always got the time to see the pictures. Nice ones by the way.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎