X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LittleNinja
    • Apr 2009

Professional Boxing/MMA

Did anyone see the the fight last night???

Well the boxing world is getting exciting again. Manny Pacquiao just knocked out Ricky Hatton and gained the IBO and Ring Magazine World Light Welterweight Titles. He became the first Filipino and Asian boxer to win six world titles in six different weight divisions. He started at 106 pounds and currently fights at 140. He is currently the IBO and Ring Magazine Light Welterweight champion and is rated by the Ring Magazine as the #1 pound-for-pound boxer in the world.

This may set up a dream match for boxing fans because Floyd Mayweather Jr., former Ring Magazine #1 pound-for-pound boxer in the world may come out of retirement to fight Manny. Floyd has never lost a match. I'm excited.
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by LittleNinja View Post
    Did anyone see the the fight last night???

Well the boxing world is getting exciting again. Manny Pacquiao just knocked out Ricky Hatton and gained the IBO and Ring Magazine World Light Welterweight Titles. He became the first Filipino and Asian boxer to win six world titles in six different weight divisions. He started at 106 pounds and currently fights at 140. He is currently the IBO and Ring Magazine Light Welterweight champion and is rated by the Ring Magazine as the #1 pound-for-pound boxer in the world.

This may set up a dream match for boxing fans because Floyd Mayweather Jr., former Ring Magazine #1 pound-for-pound boxer in the world may come out of retirement to fight Manny. Floyd has never lost a match. I'm excited.
    watched the fight. lost money on hatton. (i was a huge fan of hatton early on but have not been impressed with him ever since he started fighting in the u.s.) pacquiao on the other hand is a force of nature. his performance last night was among the best i've ever seen. unreal. i really want to see him fight mayweather. boxing is getting good again indeed.
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

freddie roach far>than mayweather senior. one corner had a game plan and the other had none.

Comment

• LittleNinja
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
        watched the fight. lost money on hatton. (i was a huge fan of hatton early on but have not been impressed with him ever since he started fighting in the u.s.) pacquiao on the other hand is a force of nature. his performance last night was among the best i've ever seen. unreal. i really want to see him fight mayweather. boxing is getting good again indeed.
        Yeah man...it's just funny to see Pacman before a brawl, always smiling like it's his birthday.

Comment

• kofi3159
          • Feb 2009

wow.. Te best pound to pound fighter.
          Hatton got fucked again..
          Too bad he is quitting and going into politics
          Dream match will be Pacquiao vs Mayweather..

Comment

• mass
            • Sep 2006

mayweather is fighting jmm in july

hatton is a bum

i'm sad boxing has to share a thread title with mma ]:

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

hatton hit the floor like a two by four
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mass View Post
                i'm sad boxing has to share a thread title with mma ]:
                i'm a boxing purist too but this is sz after all
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Babyshamble
                  • Apr 2009

I'm a boxing fan and yeah, The Hitman was seriously outclassed. A very different fight from the Mayweather one. Manny was just too strong. Look forward to the Mayweather v Gatto fight later this year though, winner to fight Manny I'm sure.

In other divisions, Boxing pretty much sucks.

Comment

• LittleNinja
                    • Apr 2009

UFC 98

Evans vs. Machida.....

i know it's been said a lot before but

In a world dominated by the standard muay thai/jiu jitsu fighter wouldn't it be crazy to have a Karate stylist as the champion of the most competitive division in the UFC?

Comment

• kofi3159
                      • Feb 2009

Geez.. What a game..
                      We really need a football thread here(soccer)..
                      I am a Big Barca fan and the game was just sick..
                      Ps. who is Gatto(Do U mean Gatti).. all I know is that he is fighting the J-Man in july

Comment

• Babyshamble
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by kofi3159 View Post
                        Geez.. What a game..
                        We really need a football thread here(soccer)..
                        I am a Big Barca fan and the game was just sick..
                        Ps. who is Gatto(Do U mean Gatti).. all I know is that he is fighting the J-Man in july
                        Sorry I meant Cotto. But now after reading up about him, maybe I misheard the promoters talking about Floyd v Cotto.

Regarding football, hell yeah I agree. Utd v Barca CL final - Sweet!

Comment

• Speak
                          • Nov 2007

I'm excited to see the Mayweather/Marquez fight. Marquez gave Pacquiao fits in both of their previous fights. If Mayweather wins (i'm sure he will) I don't see Pacquiao being much of a challenge. He's been knocked out by much smaller opponents with less power than Mayweather.

People will say, how will Mayweather deal with Pacquiaos speed? I don't think that will be a problem at all. Zab Judah was one of the fastest guys in the sport, and he give Mayweather hell for a round or two, but Mayweather dealt with him pretty handily.

I think Pacquiao will be outclassed by a bigger, better, boxer in Mayweather if they fight.

The Rashad/Machida fight is pretty interesting. But Machida won't be the first Karate practitioner to hold a title. GSP lists his primary martial art as Karate. I could see it being a very boring fight because both Rashad and Machida are defensive counter fighters.

Now, BJ Penn/Florian, that's what I want to see. Mainly because I'm from Hawaii and I want to see BJ get back on the winning track after the GSP tragedy..

Comment

• mass
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Speak View Post
                            I think Pacquiao will be outclassed by a bigger, better, boxer in Mayweather if they fight.
                            i kind of agree... pacquiao has been careless before, and his aggressiveness definitely won't work against someone as disciplined as mayweather.

marquez v diaz has been fight of the year so far for me... really looking forward to the next fight but i don't see him causing mayweather too many problems.

Comment

• Nigger
                              • May 2009

For MMA, I haven't been too impressed with UFC as of late, save for the Ultimate Fighter show. AFFLICTION has put together some great cards so far, aswell as DREAM from Japan.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎