Comment

• kofi3159
      • Feb 2009

I guess You either love mayweather or hate him

Comment

• LittleNinja
        • Apr 2009

Karate is back!

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• prednisone
          • Nov 2007

Machida is an elusive beast with brutal accuracy. I think he'll keep the title for a while, like how Anderson Silva has. It's too bad they're all in different weight classes because Anderson Silva vs GSP or Machida, or any of those combinations should make for an interesting fight.
          FS: Julius FW05 leather fencing jacket sz 3

Comment

• mass
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by johnny_herb
            his style of boxing will never really give them a Gatti-Ward-esque fight (which is what most of your average crowds want)
            true words... i think the technical aspect of boxing is highly underappreciated. i guess in that way mma is more popular because it's easier for casual fans to get into. but while i love ernie shavers as much as anyone, i've always preferred the counterpunchers. always thought the same about hopkins too. it's that boxing iq innit... i have never found a hopkins fight boring.

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

I miss Pride .

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                • Sep 2006

i miss pride also.

i honestly think that Marquez will give mayweather a fit. probably come down to a decision though with mayweather coming out as the winner. being a longtime boxing fan im just glad boxing is getting exciting again. cant wait to see pretty face vs pac.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Somewhat OT: I want to get my bro a punching bag - he is 5'7", 160lb, in great shape. What should I get? Is an 80lb bag too light?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Really depends on how much he's into it, 80lbs is fine for a casual hit around. But assuming he's a fully grown adult and serious about training he might find it swings around too much, so anything up to 100lbs is still reasonable. Note the heavier the bag the more solid making the risk of injury higher so make sure his hands are wrapped and gloved well to prevent punching related injuries.
                    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• mass
                      • Sep 2006

the general guideline is roughly half your weight... but yeah like avanster says if he's a hard hitter then 100 might be better.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

thanks, guys.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Speak
                          • Nov 2007

Yeah, but if Faber beats Aldo (I think he would) then you essentially eliminate the only other title contender in the division (maybe besides fabiano). I really want to see a rematch as Faber broke his hand in the FIRST round, did you see the X-ray pics? Nasty break. He had that Darce choke sunk in the 4th or 5th but couldn't grasp bc of his hand.

Comment

• Diego
                            • Aug 2007

Assault in the ring (Collins vs Resto documentary), on HBO august 1st.

Bought some Dream and Sengoku dvds from amazon.jp... meh.

Comment

• kofi3159
                              • Feb 2009

Anyone have info on Mayweather vs MOsley..
                              wasn`t suppose to go down on the 1. may in Vegas??
                              Cheers

Comment

• cremaster
                                • Jan 2010

Kofi3159
                                Mosley Mayweather was a good fight but unfortunately didn't reach the great heights I was hoping.
                                First round was very even (10-10) but things exploded in the second with Mosley rocking Mayweather twice (the second time he nearly went down from a hard right to the temple!).
                                This was the first time I have seen Mayweather hurt. He suprised me by recovering very quickly to see out the round and end it by coming forward and landing on Mosley. Mosley 10-9
                                The third round was incredible as Mayweather seemed to awaken from a cautious fighter into an attacking machine, landing constantly and slipping nearly anything Mosley could throw back. Complete domination by Mayweather. 10-9 Mayweather.
                                The 4th and 5th saw some hard rights land on Mosley as he was visibly tiring and the rest of the fight followed the same pattern. I gave the rest of rounds 10-9 to Mayweather.
                                By the sixth round I thought Mosley would be knocked out but to his credit he hung in there and did his best.
                                I had it 119 - 110 Mayweather. Other judges had 119-109(twice) and 118-110.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎