X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cremaster
    • Jan 2010

This weekend UFC 126 Belfort v Silva.
    I really hope Belfort takes this one. Will be a great fight.
    One of the best UFC cards in a while.

Comment

• cremaster
      • Jan 2010

And don't forget Jones v Bader, it will be great to see if Jones will be the real deal or not!

Comment

• kompressorkev
        • Dec 2006

so much good mma coming up in the next 2 months

Silva v Belfort
        Franklin v Griffin
        Jones v Bader
        Fedor v Silva
        Penn v Fitch
        Gsp v Shields
        Shogun v Rashad

Comment

• kompressorkev
          • Dec 2006

I'm hoping Shogun will stay the champion. Jones is a great athlete and wrestler, but hasn't been tested against top-flight competition. Shogun has beaten top tier fighters, and has garnered experience/strategy throughout his career. I think Shogun needs to come out very aggressive like he did against Rampage in Pride, so Jones can't get his timing or confidence. Leg kicks (but watching Jones's counter because of his long reach), some head kicks, clinch - knees (but watch for the slam). Shogun's got a good chin though. Jones might win on a submission, since Shogun's takedown defense isn't stellar, but i think Shogun will KO him first with an overhand right. Jones was smart to go to Greg Jackson's camp to get strategy, as he'll need it when facing Shogun.

UFC129 and UFC130 have some great cards: GSP v. Shields is going to be good, but we know how that will turn out, with GSP on top the whole time, unable to finish in the 5th round but with a decisive win by unanimous decision. Really looking forward to Machida v. Couture. Machida will stay elusive and avoid the takedown, like he did versus Tito Ortiz, have some good leg kicks throughout, then push forward with a flurry of jabs (like versus Rashad). Then in 130 JDS v. Lesnar, I think the winner gets a shot at Cain.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

damn that highlight clip is insane. shogun seems out to inflict severe brain damage. i love me some boxing but don't have the stomach for mma.
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ardeetee
              • Apr 2007

the ufc doesn't allow kicks to the head (along with other things) when the opponent is on the ground so you don't see those jumping face stomps

Comment

• sinbad
                • Dec 2009

Pacman's is a skilled boxer. However, with increasing age, he should quit boxing now.
                ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• tobsucht
                  • Feb 2011

the best p4p fighters can still be competitive with more than 35 years, just take a look at marquez' performance against the filipino.

always hoped to see a pacquiao mayweather showdown but that wont happen with pacmans latest unsatisfying win. arum will not take the high risk to lose his biggest cash cow.

Comment

• sinbad
                    • Dec 2009

holy shit! I still don't understand why Pacquiao lose?
                    ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

It's always nice to see a bigot taken down.
                      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Adolescent
                        • Mar 2008

Any predictions about kaufman vs. Rousey next weekend or Hendo vs. Jones @ 151?

Comment

• zamacdonell
                          • Sep 2010

Rousey by armbar, someone will catch her I just don't think it's Kaufman. I would take Kaufman over any other women's 135er though. And jones tko's Hendo in the second. I would love for Hendo to win but I don't think he will be able to get close enough to Jones to land the h-bomb

Comment

• blowdown
                            • Feb 2011

fuck me i think its the first time im gonna see hendo get KOed or TKOed by way of raining elbows

Comment

• Adolescent
                              • Mar 2008

I see your point and i have been wrong about Jones a couple of times before, but a part of me would like to see Hendo finally get that UFC belt that is lacking from his collection and retire with it. I think he can navigate that distance and and get him down in the clinch and finish him on the ground.
                              As for Rousey i don't think kaufman will be the one to dethrone her,
                              Perhaps if she meets cyborg at catchweight or if Gina Carano finally returns!

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                                • Jun 2012

I like the match-up because I honestly think the only person that's going to beat Jones right now is someone with one-punch knockout power (Hendo or Machida). Outside of that, I think we're looking at another Silva, someone who's going to be dominant in the division for a loooong time.

I'm mainly just waiting for GSP to come back and kick the crap out of Condit.
                                I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎