X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Erich Fromm
    • May 2017

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Exactly my problem as a journalist/editor/critic.

Also, as I have said elsewhere many times, postmodernism is good for capitalism, because "anything goes" really means "anything sells."
    At least this forum exists so that I can finally indulge in all my elitism. Can't say I've had a good physical discussion on fashion/art or anything really in my school.

Comment

• Erich Fromm
      • May 2017

There is apparently a new show about streetweat called PAQ which showed up in my instagram ads. I was super weirded out that they put a Raf Simons parka next to palace, supreme etc. Obviously Raf did a lot on youth culture, but it surely is a different aethetic to modern streetwear. With sites like grailed offering pieces for above 15000$ I've been asking myself how this hype has come around. Sure Kanye wore some Raf, but I feel like it does not really fit the hypebeast aesthetic. What do you guys think?

Comment

• supercilious
        • Apr 2014

I think a lot of it trickles down from rap music-- It seems that his name pops up more and more, its not only KW, but an era of rappers who like Raf, Helmut, etc. It seems that most kids just end up wearing the sneakers.
        I sold my Suede Bomber from 99' a few years back for only 500 usd...

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

Interesting Article on Raf in Vanity Fair:

The Belgian designer has long been a darling of the fashion world, so it’s no surprise that his latest act, a creative reboot of an $8.4 billion American fashion house, has the industry swooning. In the designer’s first major interview since his New York debut, he describes his approach.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

So, I tested myself to see if I'd want any of the new Raf Simons Joy Division/New Order stuff by looking at it on FarFetch, etc. I don't.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hornbeck
              • Oct 2014

I picked up a few items from the SS18 collection and the variation when it comes to sizing reminds me of just about anything you buy at the mall. It feels like everything is 2 sizes smaller than marked(my weight/size hasn't changed), so unless it's marked as oversized or XXL(even the XXL t-shirts fit like maybe a L), it's almost unwearable for me anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎