Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Raf Simons

It wouldīve been "ripping off" if Raf had imitated Sterling’s paintings or emulated them without telling him. He used the artwork on different media, itīs more like a remix. So of course it’s relevant if they talked about it/made a deal whatsoever.

It makes it harder for people to understand what you want to say if you use a word but mean something different.

I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Honestly, whether he knows him or made a deal is irrelevant. If he's using another man's art for a print on a dress...that's one artist taking the work of another and using it in his own.
    They've known each other for a while, now. Sterling even designed one or store for Raf in Japan, almost ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    I called it "ripping off" because that's what it is...
    http://www.amazon.com/Merriam-Webste...dp/087779930X/
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Are there any pictures of his early shows available online or in a book? I'd especially like to take a look at A/W 98-99, and 240p on Youtube doesn't do it justice...

Have you checked Raf's website?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Yes; the runway pictures only go back to S/S 10 and I couldn't find proper runway pictures in the archive section, it just seems to be a very limited collection of old pics which were for the most part already posted in this thread!

There isn't much to begin with, I think.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Autumn-Winter 1995-1996 Video (Video presentation)

Spring-Summer 1996 Video not online, but it exists (it's in the background) Pictures

Autumn-Winter 1996-1997 We Only Come Out At Night Video Part 1, Video Part 2 (Video presentation)

Spring-Summer 1997 How To Talk To Your Teen Pictures (Video presentation)

Autumn-Winter 1997-1998 Video Part 1, Video Part 2, Pictures (First runway show)

Spring-Summer 1998 Black Palms Video

Autumn-Winter 1998-1999 Radioactivity Video Part 1, Video Part 2

Spring-Summer 1999 Kinetic Youth Pictures

Autumn-Winter 1999-2000 Disorder-Incubation-Isolation Video, Pictures

Spring-Summer 2000 Summa cum laude Pictures

Autumn-Winter 2000-2001 Confusion Video

*Spring-Summer 2001 was not made, Raf took a sabbatical*

Autumn-Winter 2001-2002 Riot Riot Riot Pictures

Spring-Summer 2002 Woe Onto Those Who Spit On The Fear Generation...The Wind Will Blow It Back Video (found this after much digging, it is a short crop of the runway), Pictures

Autumn-Winter 2002-2003 Virginia Creeper Some images

Spring-Summer 2003 Consumed Pictures

Autumn-Winter 2003-2004 Closer Video

Spring-Summer 2004 May The Circle Be Unbroken Video, Pictures

Autumn-Winter 2004-2005 Waves Video, Pictures

Spring-Summer 2005 History of the World Pictures

Autumn-Winter 2005-2006 History of my World Pictures

Spring-Summer 2006 Icarus Surgit Pictures

Finally, this blog is tagged with pictures per season: http://rafsimonsblog.tumblr.com/
    I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Thank you, naturalalmonds. OMG, FirstView still exists?!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

That would be almonds, not diamonds :)

Yeah, I'd be concerned about for how long though (re: Firstview). I had to update some of those links since I first put that list together. It just goes to show that there's no permanence online and relying on things always being there isn't a good idea. (Some enterprising individual should mirror them)

We've already seen it happen with changes to the Raf website where older runway shows were removed. Now we just have a few uploads to Youtube of Nth generation transcoded messes, slowly degrading further and further with each takedown/replacement. I can't even track down the real video of SS 2002, no doubt Raf's most iconic runway show. I even tried to get in touch with Robbie Snelders about getting my hands on archive material so I could make it available, but he never responded.

Oops, fixed. But wouldn't natural diamonds be kinda awesome?! :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Thanks a lot naturalalmonds, esp. for pictures of 97/98, exactly what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by naturalalmonds View Post
    We've already seen it happen with changes to the Raf website where older runway shows were removed. Now we just have a few uploads to Youtube of Nth generation transcoded messes, slowly degrading further and further with each takedown/replacement. I can't even track down the real video of SS 2002, no doubt Raf's most iconic runway show. I even tried to get in touch with Robbie Snelders about getting my hands on archive material so I could make it available, but he never responded.
    Thanks so much naturalalmonds! I've downloaded all the videos an I'm working on gathering pictures right now. As for SS 2002 the best video I've seen is here, although there is some obnoxious editing. Also, there's currently an SS 2000 vhs on eBay that someone here should buy and post if I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregor View Post
    it's terribly lit

Last edited by Gauche; 04-23-2016 at 06:22 AM.

The world (and future) of Raf Simons:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/06/t-...view.html?_r=0

Potentially Calvin Klein next?

That's the rumor. Would be amazing to have Raf in New York!

Fighting hard with myself to not read this now and wait for the print erosion this coming weekend.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I thought I'd post this here

It's certainly something.
    lavender menace