X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

speaking of lncc , i been checkin their archives every other day or so and i noticed that pieces will sell out , then after a short while get restocked sometimes in the same size sometimes a dif size . how are they doin that ? im guessin theyre buyin it from someone but how do they keep replenishing so often ? well not really " often " but when i consider these arent pieces that are mass produced and most of it i dont even see on y! , classifieds , ebay , etc im wondering how theyre sourcin these rare things

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I think they are trying to hype it up by marking items sold, thinking they can sucker someone in. Just a guess.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I think they are trying to hype it up by marking items sold, thinking they can sucker someone in. Just a guess.
        my thoughts exactly,

some of it isn't bad though...............
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

hmmm good point i hadnt thought of that tactic . theres 2 things i want on there and when one sold i was like bitches and i told myself if i see it again im gonna buy it fast . then about a week later its available . now idk if i should do it cos i almost fell for their trick . but still the prices are kinda decent i mean its about what id imagine the final price of it would be if it were on ebay and its nowhere near the ridiculous prices they originally were on there . i told a friend about it who also likes raf and he suggested maybe they were being made again like a one of thing just for their archive cos i notice sometimes when things sell and become available again the sizes arent always the same

Comment

• matts
            • Feb 2011

I think they just didn't put all their stock online right away. Pretty sure those pieces are from the Raf sale, didn't LN CC buy a shitload of stuff there ?

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            LOL. Sell them to LN-CC.
            Seriously. I feel like LN CC pricing seriously inflated my expectations, I wouldn't mind funding an entire new wardrobe by selling those pants or some other collector item.

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

i been kind of on a raf kick lately , like rediscoverin why i liked his stuff so much before the recent yrs . im still tryin to get a few more things from current season and honestly im lookin forward to this winters shit tho i dont evne wanna think about winter rite now

Comment

• Servo2000
                • Oct 2006

Raf will always be the one for me. He did it first and he did it best. Respect forever - I'll always be the first to admit that some of the new seasons haven't been great but I still think some of them have been very cool and will definitely be seen in a better light by more people down the line. I may not always follow him but I still trust that he knows where he's going.

Some cool shots of recent editorials feature Raf stuff from No-Think.

I love the focus on the back from that collection (and the zipper pulls!)
                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

^ god i fuckin love that , i got one of the back zip shirts , shit is simple and mad nice . fuckin shame alot of those pieces featured in those pix werent available . read / heard a good portion of ss11 stuff got cancelled and didnt make it to production cos of that futurenet fallout . i ordered a pair of those wide trousers also , reminds me of old school rave trash days

Comment

• ACM
                    • Jan 2011

Those pictures are awesome. Love the high waisted pants

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ Does he? I don't know. From what I read he seems to be preoccupied with buying art rather than making exciting fashion.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                        • Oct 2010

/\ So we finally get to see the art, whose acquisition has been driving him to distraction for the last ten years or so.

I was sort of surprised when I saw this spread featuring his apartment: I mean, it looks like the apartment of someone - with some good hunk of extra cash - from his (my?) generation. And still, it doesn't look outrageous or over-decorated. In fact, it looks relatively humble, given what we see of the flamboyant homes of most super-star designers. Even more, it looks *lived-in*, which is refreshing. Somehow, I was expecting more next-level art, and taste. Instead, it is something I recognize and understand immediately.

I think I am pleasantly surprised by the predictability of his (home's) aesthetic. Now I wish he'd go back to curating his collections, if it's too much to ask that he design them nowadays.

MBD
                        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• malevich
                          • Jun 2012

Do not you think that Raf's recent insults over the work of Galliano and overall Dior aesthetics are a bit too much, regarding the fact that he has not yet produced anything much of a mind-blowing or worth-mentioning for Dior so far? Seems like his energy and concentration are not heading the right direction!!! waiting for the up-coming couture show!!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ Can you elaborate? What insults?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Verdandi
                              • Mar 2012

I think he is talking about this interview

I don't know if that qualifies as an insult but it's a bit deluded to say the least. As far as I know the "Dior woman" always had a very distinctive look and isn't Dior already like Chanel?
                              lavender menace

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

To me it almost sounds like he's sandbagging. "Don't expect to much, I have inherited a faceless brand, give me some time to find my feet." - Well, at least he's keeping up the long running tradition of Dior copying Chanel.
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎