Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Raf Simons

/\ awesome!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I was just looking at the photos on the first two pages... What is up. I mean, I know his latest collections have been discussed/deemed to be shit so many times, but seriously, what the hell happened?

you are leaving it where exactly, W ? it's so funny you are chasin after raf's relics on ebay like a scavenger. and aren't you the one who wanted to have those neoprene blazers one day? someone told me..lol..i dont understand what your problem is..are you sad raf doesnt care about you? you are just a little teenager trying to get approval of the old losers here, lame. you know when i see a man in his 40s dressed in that 'peasant in the woods' gear (owens, doma etc), i pity him. looks like someone trying to look young. not a respectable appearance.
    you are all so jealous.

hmmm, looks like we just established who's the teenager here.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Videos for some of the shows (I know a couple were put up prior, but just to have them all in one post...):

F/W95
    F/W96 Pt. 1 Pt. 2 "We Only Come Out at Night"
    F/W98 Pt. 1 Pt. 2 "Radioactivity"
    S/S02 "Woe Onto Those Who Spit on the Fear Generation... The Wind Will Blow it Back"
    S/S03
    F/W03 "Closer"
    S/S04 "May the Circle Unbroken"
    F/W04 "Life is, in Itself and Forever, Shipwreck"
    S/S05 "History of the World"
    F/W05 "All Shadows and Deliverance"
    F/W06
    F/W07
    S/S08
    AMAZING!
    Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by TINTININBRUSSELS View Post
    you are leaving it where exactly, W ? it's so funny you are chasin after raf's relics on ebay like a scavenger. and aren't you the one who wanted to have those neoprene blazers one day? someone told me..lol..i dont understand what your problem is..are you sad raf doesnt care about you? you are just a little teenager trying to get approval of the old losers here, lame. you know when i see a man in his 40s dressed in that 'peasant in the woods' gear (owens, doma etc), i pity him. looks like someone trying to look young. not a respectable appearance.
    you are all so jealous.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

thank you karamazov,
    the ss02 collection is really great...a political statement in this collection?
    One of the most beatiful collections from Raf is the a/w 99.
    Some pictures from mafia-hunt: http://skelemitz.wordpress.com/2009/...-simons-aw-99/

As you can see, I had to correct a few show names. There are quite a few different ones floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by TINTININBRUSSELS View Post
    you are all so jealous.
    u mad?

yeah, i want a neoprene blazer (and i know the smallest one is too big for me anyway) because i like neoprene and the gorilla arms. it's not his strongest idea (far from it) but i like it.
    Last edited by ***; 03-24-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Raf AW11/12 is up for presale on Seven. Most of its pretty poor but I'm glad to see the knits have been put into production.

Could the 'Prince' from the recent collection be an Arthurian refernce? There's a white hoody with a print for the 'College Of Avalon' which from what I remember was from the King Arthur Stories. There's a wikipedia article about it from the looks of it but I'm just about to run out of the house so somebody with more time will have to read and report back.

I went to a raf simons archive event in London a couple of days ago. Have had mixed feelings afterwards. He did have some nice pieces over the years.

..Some old Raf images, none of which I recall seeing posted in this thread

..S/S00, from the ISOLATED HEROES photo series

A/W98

A/W98

..S/S03

..S/S98
    sain't

^ fuck thats some good shit . i been revisitin some of the shit for this yr and idk .. i actually rly liked fw11 alot , its interestin cos even tho i was like " hmm ya i like this shit " there was a part of me that kept almost forcin myself to dislike it and i was like ok why ? i think ive just genuinely hated some of the recent years shit from him that i started to hate raf himself . as i was lookin over fw11 again i tried to not let these ideas taint what i was lookin at and finally was like fuck it i like this i dont even care

hehe, thanks jogu. And considering I've got a shamelessly large quantity of said 'good shit' in my own archives, I thought sharing some of it within various threads here might be nice. Some could use resurrecting, others, a bit of plumping. I was surprised to see some designer's threads so.. 'threadbare', pardon the pun.

Added & still adding to Helmut Lang, Rick, and of course, Ann with images soon to drop in Comme, Chalayan, Ackermann, AFV, Yohji, Dries and Forme, primarily. In other words, stay tuned.
    sain't

Those photos are amazing. The one with the Merciful Release tattoo is my favorite.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

I figure this might be the right place to ask this, can anyone tell me what's the story behind that tag ?

Around Spring 2001, Raf was seriously disenchanted with fashion and he decided to quit or at least take a break - in any case, he took a season off. However, he produced a collection of his signature pieces for Louis in Antwerp, which was the first store to carry his line. This is the tag he used. I still have a pair of slim pants from this collection, which I bought at Louis (I would only let them go to a serious Raf aficionado though).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Do you have this in HD, please :D ?