Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Y's Red Label FW09/10

Default Y's Red Label FW09/10

Theme "sing a song"

"Flying like a bird with the freedom wings in the wind"

I can't say I dislike any of the pieces. The colors are great. The red, purple, navy, and brown all work wonderfully here.

Half-tacky, half-Westwood. Why does he have to have 305458 lines. Clearly, it doesn't do him any favors.

/\ Your enthusiasm for deriding commercialization and diffusion lines is misguided here. Y's Red Label is not a diffusion line and is designed by Michiko Suzuki, someone who may eventually be in a position to continue Yohji's legacy and is among the brightest of young Japanese designers today.

The harsh light of the photographs doesn't do the clothes any favors but I actually like the use of color here. At first I didn't like the overt shininess of the fabrics then I realised it's probably just the lighting.

And of course welcome back, Buckwheat.
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

I also like how some of the footwear has a touch of red lining which will no doubt chip and blacken with wear.
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Buckwheat, good to see that your lost interest neither in fashion nor in SZ! Thanks for posting this - beautiful collection. That woman is talented for sure. I want those crazy boots.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Thanks for the welcome back everyone. I have been away to resist the temptations here and to save money :)

I am usually a sucker for the structural pieces from the Yohji lines but the dresses are wonderful here. Maybe the harsh like did it for me Avantster!

Well it's essentially the female version of the wire.artist outfit, no?

i quite like the use of red here

been jonesing to incorporate some of Yohji's red into the black part of my clothes lately...
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Fantastic! I particularly love these:

aside from the printed tees, this collection is wonderful!

it really strikes me as a refreshing and wispy collection, which is a welcome relief from many of the heavier FW from other designers.

it really meshes with "Flying like a bird with the freedom wings in the wind" :)

More bad news....runner says Michiko is resigning from the company and the collection won't be produced.

i hope this means she will be starting her own venture, although I rather liked the idea of her succeeding Yohji.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

that sucks. hopefully she'll strike out on her own.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

the whole FW collection is going to be dropped? that's too bad...

It will be interesting to see who is going to take on YY lines when Yohji is done. Somwhow I see it will be a guy taking over YY pour homme. And will not be Limi doing the women lines.