Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuugaia
    • Feb 2010

It'd be important to know what kind of leather it is? Although I'm not an expert, I'm sure some stretch more than others.

Can you not go one size up and put in a insole? I think that's a much better option than getting a cobbler to mess around.

Comment

• eckblk
      • Mar 2010

oops- I didn't see the full size part. I'd be concerned with distorting the shape of boots; if that makes sense.

Not so sure now, sorry.

Comment

• MyMindSpray
        • Mar 2008

you def make a good point...i was concerned about this as well...though, since the stretching needs to take place below the laces, i'm hoping that the overall design and shape won't be compromised...

kuugaia...not 100% what type of leather it is, but it's fairly stiff...you have a point though...might be worth going up a size rather than having a cobbler mess about too much...

thanks

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

if you can put them on and its a matter of comfort, it could very well be possible to stretch them enough. but if they are unwearable as they are, it might be too much to stretch.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MyMindSpray
            • Mar 2008

thanks for your 2cents Lowrey...

i can get them on and walk around, but i'm not gonna lie, it's pretty painful...

decided to go up a size...if they stretch out over time, i'll put an insole in them...

thanks everyone for the help..

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

Sounds like you may have a high instep and the last of the particular make you are wearing may not be well suited to the shape of your foot.
              let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

goddammit.

i just noticed that there are problems with the side zippers on a pair of ann d hi-top sneaks. the zipper-fabric itself is starting to rip in some places near the seams. bought them mid august. i'm gonna contact the store, but in case they don't accept a return, has anyone here had similar problems fixed somehow? thanks for any suggestions...

anyone else had quality issues with those sneaks?

Comment

• Slangking
                  • Nov 2010

Can anyone recommend a good cobbler in London please? Central or Shoreditch area preferably.

Comment

• Icarium
                    • Oct 2010

Hrm, this is a super helpful thread with advice that answers all the shoe care questions on page 1!

Last thing left is a good cobbler recommendation in northern california if anyone has one. I should vibram my butteros boots. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

I'm just back from one of the finer cobblers in Stockholm, at least I think so, dropped of my Vin Diesel derbys to get some rubber on them for winter. I thought the lady who runs the shop would be glad and interested in the construction etc. How wrong was I? Instead she bashed everything about the shoe, from the material of the inner sole, to the seams and the inner part of the shoe "No one makes shoes like this, it's like..... forbidden!"

Left the shop with a smile on my face and a lump in my throat, afraid that when I come back to pick them up she's totally remodeled them after her own standards.

Comment

• jscl
                        • Jan 2010

how did the shoes turn out bestial? what kind of work did you have done on the derbies?
                        JUST THE HITS

Comment

• neonrider
                          • Jan 2008

slangking, one of the better cobblers is an old greek guy, just behind mornington crescent (i think it's "kg shoes" if i recall correctly).
                          ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• BBSCCP
                            • Feb 2010

any of you guys wear CCP derbies in this stormy snowy weather?

Comment

• eton97
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BBSCCP View Post
                              any of you guys wear CCP derbies in this stormy snowy weather?
                              yep - but i have had them vibramed.....the colour fades a bit and leaves a couple of water marks, but a bit a spit and polish brings them back to original glory.....
                              I've started to be less precious with my stuff....otherwise I only end up wearing it on medium temperature/guaranteed no rain days, which is never in London
                              you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

jscl, they turned out fine! got a rubber sole and heel on and also glued some inner seams to make them last longer. so now they are ready for the winter.

eton they'll only look better after some stone, snow and spit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎