X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Campe92
    • Jan 2017

Hi all,

I just bought a pair of Dimissianos & Miller Derbies, and as i was prepared for, the leather and the shoes in general are quite stiff (they are made in Horse Culatta leather).
    Have you got some suggestions for let them softer before the use? I have "saphir" mink oil but i honestly don't think it's the best thing to do applying it, since the shoes are brand new.

Thank you
    Last edited by Campe92; 12-16-2019, 12:36 PM.
    "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Comment

• Halibut
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Campe92 View Post
      Hi all,
      Have you got some suggestions for let them softer before the use?

Thank you
      Saphir makes a product called shoe-eze precisely for softening leather. I've never used it but it may help. Otherwise you can take a rubber mallet and basically hammer the shoe at the stiffest points like the heel and maybe the vamp. That's what I used to do to help break in Docs.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by noirdissident
        Hey All! Talking about shoe care, i got a problem here Houston. My guids, 8month old, are seriously squeaking. It comes from the soles (says Guidis HQ) or from the shank (says my cobbler..) i'm pretty sure it comes from the soles. The cobbler put on some vibrams, and maybe put it wrong as long as there might be some "air" between the leather sole and the vibram, that causes that squeaking noise. Is there any way to fix it ? Maybe withdraw the rubber soles and put on some new ? It's really annoying aha

it'd definitely air trapped somewhere... but it's very tricky as I think it's different in each case. I had that on a pair of BBS bambas and they had to change the entire sole (including all the rubber patches.
        I'd try changing new rubber soles and see from there...

Comment

• Shadowvault
          • Oct 2014

Hello everyone. Im curious if this type of sole can be found somewhere else so i can buy it and replace it if needed. Im asking because i like those boots but you cant put vibrams and heel taps and i would love to have a plan B if something goes sideways.

Comment

• 13we2
            • Sep 2015

I can't see what could possibly happen to this sole but shoegoo might be one of your options.

Comment

• perceptiveintent
              • Mar 2017

can anyone suggest a good cobbler in los angeles I tried willie's on la brea for geobaskets. Mainly looking for someone who can resole the bottom with heavy duty vibram work. Much love

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by perceptiveintent View Post
                can anyone suggest a good cobbler in los angeles I tried willie's on la brea for geobaskets. Mainly looking for someone who can resole the bottom with heavy duty vibram work. Much love
                Any reason you don't wanna just go to Willie's again? Goods and Services in the Arts District fits the bill as well.

Comment

• perceptiveintent
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                  Any reason you don't wanna just go to Willie's again? Goods and Services in the Arts District fits the bill as well.
                  I appreciate the suggestion the only thing is the place you recommended seems to tax and completely reconstruct the shoe I'm seeking a cobbler who will do minor corrections to keep the aesthetic of the shoe will just add a vibram sole

Comment

• Yerris
                    • Apr 2021

Hey all, I recently bought a pair of Guidi 210s in horse leather, black, and I want to know how to take care of them. Is there some kind of polish that you'd recommend or any kind of cleaning/care products? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Looking to keep these for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎