X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DNHT
    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Does anyone have a good recommendation for a good polish for guidi boots? I have a few products at home but just wondering if theres one that people have had a good experience with.
    I've got a pair of brown-ish 988s in calf, and I use neatsfoot compound on them when they get dry/scuffed. It's made by Vanner & Prest (it's actually for horseriding tack) - who I think are the only people who make neatsfoot products in the UK. It's clear, so it doesn't affect the tone/shading of the leather. It's great stuff (though it smells weird). It dries to a matt finish - but you can buff it with a cloth afterwards.

I've also got a pair of black calf lace-up boots (not sure of the model number). For those, I just use Tricker's shoe cream. It's a really deep black, and quite rich, so it lasts a long time.

Comment

• newp
      • Feb 2013

So, my dead (pretty much) soles of m_moriabc A_TRe FvMo were repaired by one of the Altieri's shoemakers. Apparently the very first batch of DSM stock had some sole issues, anything made later doesn't have it. I couldn't be happier, basically I have the brand new boots despite these have served me well for 3 years and now they will serve a lifetime.
      My pair was vibrammed because I am unable to afford myself to resole it so he had added a vibram (of an unknown brand, but I trust them completely). I am really grateful to Mavrizio's team.
      Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

• blackdeath
        • Apr 2016

i had the same happen with a pair of julius backzips and my cobbler, the firm shoe repair nyc, used the same zipper and same holes and stitched it back up and you'd never know. whatever you do, do not take matters into your own hands and try to super glue/whatever it back in to place. it will not hold and there is a big chance it will render the zipper useless as the needle needed to stitch it back into place has a good chance of not being able to get through the glue that easily. just be patient and take them to a professional, wear other shoes in the mean time.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
          • Sep 2008

Finally found a pair of the Rick Owens pre-2011 creepers in my size. Worn them a fair bit over the weekend, but noticed that the heel is already wearing out. Sole feels super light compared to the newer alliterations as well.
          Did anyone protect the heel on theirs? I was thinking getting the bottom part replaced with a thin vibram sole? Or will a heel protector (those plastic tabs) work as well?

Picture for reference

Comment

• MGeenty
            • Sep 2015

Does anyone know of a reliable cobbler in the Bay Area/San Fransisco? Need some work done on a pair of Guidi backzips, including resoling and doing some work on the zippers.

Comment

• smudge
              • Jul 2012

I take all my boots to 3rd Ave. Shoe Repair in Downtown San Mateo. They've always exceeded my expectations and do a great job.

Comment

• cuccboi
                • Sep 2016

Any good cobblers in San Diego? I live near Poway and my sock ramones need repairing.

Comment

• yay
                  • Sep 2014

Dragging up this thread, hope my question fits in here.
                  I got some guidi sidezips that i would like to clean/care for.
                  Anyone have any experience with this cleaner and conditioner? I have some here, but scared to ruin the shoes.

Comment

• vah
                    • Aug 2016

No experience with those cleaning products, and I'd be hesitant using them on something like Guidis, just feels like it might damage the leather? I'd buy some high quality shoe grease and polish with ingredients of natural origin to treat your leather shoes. To clean them just use a shoe brush, or a slightly damp cloth if brushing isn't sufficient.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                      • Jul 2013

Lexol is good stuff.

Comment

• yay
                        • Sep 2014

can confirm, it worked perfectly. they look great, and it definitely didn't ruin them.
                        it did ruin the sponges i used to apply the cleaner though. those are super black now from the guidis :D

Comment

• Hon
                          • Dec 2017

Hey everyone, I recently bought a pair of CCP O.D. Lined, one-piece prosthetic boots (Horse, Color 10). I made a mistake by asking inquiring about this in the CCP forum, so now I am here. I bought these from the Darklands a little over a month and a half ago and am more than pleased. Before first use, I brought them to a local cobbler for Vibram but he only recommended the sole part for Vibram, while saying the heel should be worn out before being reinforced by Vibram. I know heels can be easily replaced, but is this normal? I told him I would prefer Vibram on both the heel and sole, and he recommended this setup. Also, I need to start from the ground up with cleaning products. I wear these at least 2-3 times a week, and I live in a snowy place currently. I'm sure I can wipe off salt and small blemishes, but I would like to reinforce these boots to keep them for as long as possible. Please recommend anything: Horse hair brushes, cordovan pomades / creams, deer polishing bones, etc, I would love to hear your leather care routine. Finally, I am a new user, and a relatively unexperienced individual in this fashion realm, so I apologize for any and all ignorances expressed. Thank you.

Comment

• 13we2
                            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Hon View Post
                            Hey everyone, I recently bought a pair of CCP O.D. Lined, one-piece prosthetic boots (Horse, Color 10). I made a mistake by asking inquiring about this in the CCP forum, so now I am here. I bought these from the Darklands a little over a month and a half ago and am more than pleased. Before first use, I brought them to a local cobbler for Vibram but he only recommended the sole part for Vibram, while saying the heel should be worn out before being reinforced by Vibram. I know heels can be easily replaced, but is this normal? I told him I would prefer Vibram on both the heel and sole, and he recommended this setup. Also, I need to start from the ground up with cleaning products. I wear these at least 2-3 times a week, and I live in a snowy place currently. I'm sure I can wipe off salt and small blemishes, but I would like to reinforce these boots to keep them for as long as possible. Please recommend anything: Horse hair brushes, cordovan pomades / creams, deer polishing bones, etc, I would love to hear your leather care routine. Finally, I am a new user, and a relatively unexperienced individual in this fashion realm, so I apologize for any and all ignorances expressed. Thank you.
                            Your cobbler was actually right, someone already explained it for you. But I've seen lots of people myself included - and some of the respected dudes around here I believe, who'd just vibram their shoes right off day one without chopping off the heels. I think it's absolutely OK if you put on the thinner one like so (3mm for the heel), and actually a lot of people (myself included) would just put on the thicker ones (7-8mm) nonetheless (and still 2 mm for the sole) - yes the shoe will curl up a bit but from my own experience it's not a big deal at all. If you wear your shoes that often and under relatively harsh conditions then yeah you do need to take great care of them, try those conditoners/creams others had recommended.

Comment

• Hon
                              • Dec 2017

I wasn't given specific products to try out. My cobbler tells me differently than the forums on here, so I am confused. I would like my cordovan boots to last as long as humanly possible, I have head them around two months. I'm most likely going to buy a horse hair brush, deer polishing bone, and a cream and pomade (do not really know the differences between each). I know what cordovan leather entails, and I also know it is just horse at the end of the day.. but I am wearing these a few days a week like I said with probably some minimal salt damage so far. Anything anybody has for me would be appreciated. I have included a link to a website I am considering buying from:https://www.hangerproject.com/blog/2...-leather-care/

Comment

• Monoral
                                • Mar 2014

Hello everyone

I got a pair of A1923 boots in reverse horse that i've been wearing for quite some time now. Haven't really been taking care of it much and i do not know what to use. So my question is does anybody got reverse horse leather shoes and how do you take care of yours? and what product do you use?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎