Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raw
    • Oct 2009

Thanks Arto, I think I'll give them a couple wears to see how they feel then add vibrams to the front and decide if I want to have the heel changed to vibram or not.

Comment

• eton97
      • Dec 2008

the ma+ heels (even though part rubber, part leather) always wear down much quicker than the vibram, so i recommend get the heel and sole done in one go or you'll just be back there 2 weeks later getting the heels done anyway

and on the whole vibram or not debate....its a hard one, but with ma+ footwear i am always tempted to vibram more so than with augusta
      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Raw
        • Oct 2009

I think I just used bad wording haha, I meant I'll wear them a couple times to see how the feel then I'll add soles to the front and I would have decided on whether to change the heel or not by then so I'll either change it or not when I get the front done.

Comment

• klue
          • Apr 2009

echoing eton. You better get them done in one go B. The leather part wears down reaaal quick.

Comment

• fadetogrey
            • Apr 2009

I just wanted to share a product that has worked great for me in removing unsightly footprints on suede. It is a grainy "eraser" that doesn't damage the texture or colour of the suede.

Before:

After:

Comment

• swami
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by fadetogrey View Post
              I just wanted to share a product that has worked great for me in removing unsightly footprints on suede. It is a grainy "eraser" that doesn't damage the texture or colour of the suede.
              You my dear , Are a fucking godsend!
              Was modelling my brand new reverse cordovan grey boots for the wife and turned around in an excited sashay to spill a glass of red wine all over the right boot. managed to get the wine stains out but have water spots on the boot

where did you buy it, at the cobblers?

Comment

• fadetogrey
                • Apr 2009

Yes, my local cobbler suggested it- I believe it is a German product.

Comment

• swami
                  • Jul 2008

Cheers fade!
                  Found it at a local cobbler , Worked well in reducing the water spot but took a little of the suede off , still better than before

Comment

• Zenith
                    • Jun 2009

Not sure if this belongs in the DIY section or this thread but is anyone aware of a cobbler in central London that will dye shoes? Need to dye a pair of dust boots to black, I'm aware that certain cobblers will do it, but I have yet to find one. All I have visited have either said no, or I should do it myself. Not being all that experienced in the process I'd rather let a professional do it.

Comment

• asecretmaker
                      • Apr 2011

fade, thats amazing

Comment

• graydot
                        • Aug 2009

i just had a pair of ma+ derbies rubber soled and although the cobbler did a good job, he took it upon himself to polish the midsole black. is there any way to remove this without ruining the sole?

Comment

• Ivans On High
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2008

Are cobblers able to stretch a boot out length wise? I have some RO combats which are a little snug for length and would rather have them stretched than sell them.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

stretching length is pretty difficult as the sole determines it and the part that is stretchable is the upper. usually you wont be able to get much if anything out of it, so most cobblers probably won't even bother to try. you might able to get a bit of room in the toebox, but even that will be more in terms of width/height.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Zenith
                              • Jun 2009

I've found sometimes when the length of the shoe/boot is the problem, through stretching, more space becomes available through stretching the heel area rather than the toebox. Not saying I'd recommend it though.

Comment

• swals001
                                • Nov 2007

Resoling shoes with rubber treads.

Anyone have any experience doing this? I have a couple pairs of Neil Barrett boots that have rubber treads on the soles that have been nearly worn all the way down. From what I understand this is harder to repair than a stander leather sole. But I assume someone can do it, right? Could anyone recommend somewhere in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎