Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 54546474849505152535455
Results 1,081 to 1,083 of 1083

Thread: Cobblers, shoe care, DIY

Quote Originally Posted by fkioils View Post
    Hi, guys! I really want to buy leather shoes but I heard that it is very difficult to take care of them, is that true? can you give me any advice on how should I take care of them? I really like Rick Owens Sandals, where can I order them? By the way guys, I have a question about delivery, how can I find out my https://postcodefinder.net/england/london postcode? I live in London.
    Seems you're quite new to fashion. There are plenty of resources available on this forum to get you started. This thread is one of them. Go back and read through this thread for all you need to know about leather shoe care. There is also a more general leather care thread.

You can find answers to your other questions using simple google searches. I'd advise doing some more research on your own before asking such simple questions.

Hi all,

I just bought a pair of Dimissianos & Miller Derbies, and as i was prepared for, the leather and the shoes in general are quite stiff (they are made in Horse Culatta leather).
    Have you got some suggestions for let them softer before the use? I have "saphir" mink oil but i honestly don't think it's the best thing to do applying it, since the shoes are brand new.

Thank you
    Last edited by Campe92; 12-16-2019 at 01:36 PM.
    "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Quote Originally Posted by Campe92 View Post
    Hi all,
    Have you got some suggestions for let them softer before the use?

Thank you
    Saphir makes a product called shoe-eze precisely for softening leather. I've never used it but it may help. Otherwise you can take a rubber mallet and basically hammer the shoe at the stiffest points like the heel and maybe the vamp. That's what I used to do to help break in Docs.