Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestial
    • Jun 2008

I use kiwi's natural selfshine shoe polish to all my leather shoes, cordovan, kangaroo etc. and I know many others here also uses kiwi.

Comment

• magic
      • Feb 2009

does it make more shine on the leather? i am looking for something like a conditioner..
      Focusing on object details

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

I also tried to find that, but it was impossible in the stores around, most of the employees said that every shoe cream/polish/whatever makes the surface more or less shiny, don't know if that is absolutely true but you can't argue with your local shoe store hag. This was the best I've found so far, and it doesn't make the shoes too shiny.

Comment

• magic
          • Feb 2009

Thanks C^ yes...same thing i heard as well. just not really like a shine on shoe..will give a shot on this.

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

my ccp derbys and guidi ankle boots does have some shine too them, so of course one doesn't notice it as much on those. although when I treated my augusta sneakers they became a little bit too shiney, or maybe too black, will of course go away after some wear.

Comment

• croatoan
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by magic View Post
              does it make more shine on the leather? i am looking for something like a conditioner..
              The last couple times I cleaned my boots I used Alden's Fine Boot Cream in neutral. It did the trick on a few different leather colors without adding any sort of extra shine.

Comment

• magic
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                my ccp derbys and guidi ankle boots does have some shine too them, so of course one doesn't notice it as much on those. although when I treated my augusta sneakers they became a little bit too shiney, or maybe too black, will of course go away after some wear.
                i like the matt black on my augusta boot so just hope to keep it^ but yes, it will go off after some wear.

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                The last couple times I cleaned my boots I used Alden's Fine Boot Cream in neutral. It did the trick on a few different leather colors without adding any sort of extra shine.
                Thanks C, there are one shoe cream that i saw at local cobbler which is white/butter colour, not really a shoe polishing but some kind of conditioner. maybe it does the same trick as yours?

Comment

• eton97
                  • Dec 2008

i like the matt black on my augusta boot so just hope to keep it^ but yes, it will go off after some wear.
                  I use "Punch Suede & Nubuck Renovator" on any shoes/boots that you want to protect and restore colour but you don't want a waxed shine. I use this on my augusta's and it is perfect for them....its an aerosol rather than a cream and it comes in many different colours
                  you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• croatoan
                    • Jul 2007

Thanks C, there are one shoe cream that i saw at local cobbler which is white/butter colour, not really a shoe polishing but some kind of conditioner. maybe it does the same trick as yours?
                    That should be about the same thing. I have used a few different random ones with good results.

Comment

• stretcheroo
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by tgadd View Post
                      Anybody know a good cobbler in San Francisco, or elsewhere in the Bay Area?
                      I would contact Arthur at the Archive and ask him. Or you could PM him here: awlouie

Comment

• tgadd
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by stretcheroo View Post
                        I would contact Arthur at the Archive and ask him. Or you could PM him here: awlouie
                        For some reason I don't ever think to ask store owners/employees. I'll check with him, and at the Barney's shoe dept. Marcus at Acrimony might know one too. Thanks for the idea!

Comment

• BBSCCP
                          • Feb 2010

donno, if this issue has been discussed here before, but I´ve put some polish cream on my boots and now they are very "shinny" ...

Does anybody know how to remove this effect?

Comment

• eton97
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BBSCCP View Post
                            donno, if this issue has been discussed here before, but I´ve put some polish cream on my boots and now they are very "shinny" ...

Does anybody know how to remove this effect?
                            Not sure if its the right thing to do, but i have polished boots and then regretted it.
                            I just washed my boots like you wash your hands with soap and water, and it did the job perfectly.
                            you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

I had a similar issue as the cobbler had accidentally polished my augusta boots when I had them soled.

I took a wet towel (just a regular bath towel) and rubbed them, and this worked fine. it might distress the leather a bit, but the result should be a matte finish.

use a towel you can throw away because the polish might not come off.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BBSCCP
                                • Feb 2010

thanks guys for your quick responses.

So what´s the best method then to care our beloved boots? Is there any polish cream that does protect from rain but doesn´t add more glance. I am just unsure if it´s good for the leather to leave the boots untouched, since the leather might crack due to natural circumstances.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                I took a wet towel (just a regular bath towel) and rubbed them, and this worked fine. it might distress the leather a bit, but the result should be a matte finish.
                                Did the wet towel took of all the polish? normally when you add water to the polish the shoes get a water-polish finish resulting in even more glance...
                                Last edited by BBSCCP; 09-29-2010, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎