Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • okayvin
    • Sep 2013

the hanger project has it, but it costs double the price that EU stores charge

Comment

• MaxM
      • Sep 2009

Will any cobbler be able to fix this ?

i'm going to london for a couple months so i need to know whether its sthg easy to fix, that i can do there or if i should just not take them with me.

thanx

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

can't tell for sure from the photo; is it just the stitching that has broken? the leather is intact?

if so, I imagine it should be quite easy to just re-stitch
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MaxM
          • Sep 2009

Yea stitching is loose/broken, but its superthick horse so i guess ud need a special machine or sthg.

im sorry if its a stupid question i just dont know a lot about this

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• okayvin
            • Sep 2013

if they reuse the same holes, the thickness of the material shouldn't be a problem. the challenge will be to pull the material tightly together to stitch it

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
              • Feb 2012

anyone have advice on how to condition 'destroyed horse' ?

picked up a pair of carpe clogs on y! and they could use a bit of nourishment.

normally i'd just apply renovateur but i thought that might flatten their abraded texture

Comment

• blackfedora
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by MaxM View Post
                Yea stitching is loose/broken, but its superthick horse so i guess ud need a special machine or sthg.

im sorry if its a stupid question i just dont know a lot about this
                I had the exact same damage on a pair of '09 tornadoes. My cobbler was able to restitch through the same holes and repair it so well that one would never know that it had been re-sewn. They are thick COIL (horse)/calf lined and there were no problems with the machine doing the job. Make sure you have a competent cobbler and there should be no problem.

Comment

• schuur
                  • Oct 2013

the diy thread is pretty dead, figured i would post this here

what kind of dye would i use for "destroyed goatskin"? suede? or could i just get a cobbler to do it, how much would that cost

here is a pic of the material, dying from sky blue to black

Comment

• okayvin
                    • Sep 2013

Anybody have experience with an a1923 resoling? Was the cobbler able to resole while keeping the upturned toe and distressing? How fast do the soles wear without a rubber sole?

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by shima
                      I've been using my Demeulemeester sneakers frequently since I got them some years ago, but as of this fall they've started giving an annoying squeaking sound for each step. I think it's because of the inner soles ripping apart in the heels. Anyone knows if repairing / having the soles exchanged would undo the squeaking?
                      that's the Demeulemeester squeak!

all my Ann trainers squeak, they've always squeaked, and they will continue to always squeak.

if anyone can tell us why - i'd also be most appreciative.
                      —
                      -

Comment

• eleven crows
                        • Mar 2011

Have you guys tried the old moisturiser rubbed on the inner sole trick? Or the talcum powder applied liberally to the inside of the shoe? I was ready to put a pair of boots to rest due to a squeak until I used the above.

Comment

• Lo-ki
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by MaxM View Post
                          Will any cobbler be able to fix this ?

i'm going to london for a couple months so i need to know whether its sthg easy to fix, that i can do there or if i should just not take them with me.

thanx
                          KG Shoes in London NW1 stitched my joints that needed a repair at the seams, they would be able to take care of those tornadoes.
                          She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

Comment

• mike
                            • Dec 2006

can anyone comment on the quality of the firm's current work? i was originally very pleased with them but the last two repairs they made have been quite sub standard.

Comment

• bennyy
                              • Dec 2012

I just received these from a store and there is pink discoloration on the soles. What is this? Can it be removed?

Comment

• 8bpc
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by bennyy View Post
                                I just received these from a store and there is pink discoloration on the soles. What is this? Can it be removed?
                                If you just received them from a store could you exchange them? Not certain, but my first guess would be that they were rubbed against something that was bleeding dye. Since it is on the soles you should have a bit of flexibility in trying to clean it. Have you tried a damp cloth, soap and water, or rubbing alcohol? If none of those work, you could try rubbing it with a white pencil eraser or perhaps one of those "Magic Eraser" products.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎