Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bennyy
    • Dec 2012

I tried and nothing seems to be working. I turned them in to my shoe repair man and he says it was from air exposure of surrounding products. As to being able to remove, he's not sure but will let me know in a few days. I am pretty irritated serie noire would send me a product like this. Exchanging is not an option as this is the last of my size loool

Comment

• ian+
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by bennyy View Post
      I tried and nothing seems to be working. I turned them in to my shoe repair man and he says it was from air exposure of surrounding products. As to being able to remove, he's not sure but will let me know in a few days. I am pretty irritated serie noire would send me a product like this. Exchanging is not an option as this is the last of my size loool
      from the serie noire website:

3- www.serie-noire.fr will refund the value of the defective merchandise (price of the item on the day of purchase) and the buyer's costs of the return of the defective merchandise.
      Get your money back
      ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• 8bpc
        • May 2010

Originally posted by bennyy View Post
        You tried all 5 of the suggestions and none of them worked?
        What about Rit Dye Remover? Mix Dye Remover and a small amount of water to create a paste. Apply to stain and let set for a minute. Rinse with water and dry. Repeat if necessary. You are going to have to be very careful that it doesn't come into contact with anything but the stained area when applying and rinsing. It would be smart to tape the shoe with painters tape.

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
        Get your money back
        I agree with ian+.

Comment

• bennyy
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by 8bpc View Post
          What about Rit Dye Remover? Mix Dye Remover and a small amount of water to create a paste. Apply to stain and let set for a minute. Rinse with water and dry. Repeat if necessary. You are going to have to be very careful that it doesn't come into contact with anything but the stained area when applying and rinsing. It would be smart to tape the shoe with painters tape.

I agree with ian+.
          Thanks for all the advice. Rit Dye Remover is an option, I tried rubbing alcohol, soap + water, and just plain white eraser. I emailed serie noire and if I can't get this figured out in time i'll just send it back.

Comment

• newp
            • Feb 2013

Kindly give me an advice which protection is better for this type of heel/sole?

side view: http://i.imgur.com/uZXz3B3.jpg

I am really afraid simple vibram will ruin the silhouette of the shoe. Unfortunately, I walk a lot on the asphalt and can't afford myself to leave them unprotected. My cobbler doesn't have access to Topy at the moment but maybe I will be able to buy it somewhere just for these shoes.

Comment

• schemedream
              • Jan 2013

I recently grabbed a pair of RO Mohawks off SUFU with full knowledge that the zippers were bunk. Not super worried about it because I intend on wearing them open anyways, but sometimes I'd like a half or third zip. Also, I hate owning things that don't function 100% even if it's purpose is still achieved. Call me OCD maybe.

Anyway, I was wondering how one would go about fixing them? Should I just ask a cobbler or is there a better way to go about this other than replacing the whole zipper? I live in the SF bay area (Oakland) so if anyone knows "the guy" to take them to that would also help.

Thanks ahead of time

Comment

• likeaboy
                • May 2013

Newp i bought a pair as well and was curious about it too

Comment

• 8bpc
                  • May 2010

Has anyone shipped shoes to a cobbler to get the soles protected (e.g. vibram, topy)? After too many bad experiences with cobblers in my town I just want to have solid work done on a pair of shoes that need a new layer of protection. I'm thinking communication is key, verbally arrange the work, and then include a note detailing the verbal agreement in the box. Advice on this approach? Any suggestions for excellent cobblers that are open to receiving and shipping shoes? Thank you.

Comment

• kuugaia
                    • Feb 2010

^^^^ newp, I'm no expert but an option you can go for is sole guards/protectors. Here are two articles:

A long time ago, when I first started buying high-quality footwear, I used to have my cobbler put sole protectors...

Comment

• newp
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                      ^^^^ newp, I'm no expert but an option you can go for is sole guards/protectors. Here are two articles:

http://putthison.com/post/5833777485...-long-time-ago
                      Thank you! I will also make a bet on visiting some avant-garde retail stores in my area to ask for their cobblers advice. My main concern is not to protect or not protect, it's HOW to protect the heel part especially. As you can see from the side pic that would be incredibly tricky if ever possible at all.

Originally posted by Ambitot
                      Anyone knows how to clean white sneakers sole from scuffs and marks? Once they are on the rubber, you can't get them off. There should be solution to keep them like new.
                      Just a simple eraser will do its work. Don't leave these marks for too long otherwise the dirt will diffuse with rubber and it will be much more complicated.

Comment

• gavroche88
                        • Jun 2010

I've shipped to Willie's Shoe Service many times and it has always been excellent work. Send them an email, doing exactly what you've proposed below.

Has anyone shipped shoes to a cobbler to get the soles protected (e.g. vibram, topy)? After too many bad experiences with cobblers in my town I just want to have solid work done on a pair of shoes that need a new layer of protection. I'm thinking communication is key, verbally arrange the work, and then include a note detailing the verbal agreement in the box. Advice on this approach? Any suggestions for excellent cobblers that are open to receiving and shipping shoes? Thank you.

Comment

• bennyy
                          • Dec 2012

I agree with ian+.

looks like the black leather bled into the rubber soles. would seaglow work on this? haven't gotten the rit dye remover yet but would it penetrate that deep?

Comment

• magic
                            • Feb 2009

I don't think it's easy to remove it.. but it will looks great or less visible when there are well worn.
                            Focusing on object details

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

So what cobbler are fellow New Yorkers going to these days? Got a couple new shoes lately (Guidi and Ann) I want to put protective soles on but haven't been to a cobbler in awhile and couldn't find any recent recommendations for cobblers in NYC in this thread.
                              music

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                                So what cobbler are fellow New Yorkers going to these days? Got a couple new shoes lately (Guidi and Ann) I want to put protective soles on but haven't been to a cobbler in awhile and couldn't find any recent recommendations for cobblers in NYC in this thread.
                                The Firm seems to be the unanimous choice. Cowboy Shoe Repair at 396 Broome is also good. If you have 2-8 weeks and want the "best in the city" you can try Leather Spa on 55th.
                                "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎