Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kukuku
    • Oct 2009

The stiching of my augusta boots is coming apart , has anyone had same kind of experience?

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Which area? should be fixable, if it was stitched once it should be possible to redo it.

haven't had stitching break in any of my 6 pairs of A's
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

if you have six pairs i'd assume you rotate them and they get less wear per pair? just a thought... :)

Comment

• kukuku
          • Oct 2009

Here's a pic. They have seen a lot of wear but would like to continue using them, I think I will take them to a cobbler...

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
            if you have six pairs i'd assume you rotate them and they get less wear per pair? just a thought... :)
            Of course, they are sneakers, zip boots, derbies, lace up boots, all very different and some are older than others. Just answering the question whether others have had similar issues but this is of course very subjective

kukuku, that should be repairable
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• blackfedora
              • Jan 2012

Kukuku, I've had a very similar repair done on a pair of CCP tornadoes which have practically the same foot bridge pattern as your A1923's. The one thing to keep in mind is finding a sufficiently skilled cobbler who can re-stitch the seam using the same holes as the original seam. The new seam on mine has held up for the last year and a half under considerable use.

Comment

• kukuku
                • Oct 2009

Thanks for the info! i'm glad that it's fixable They are probably my fav boots

Comment

• fireflygrave
                  • Aug 2012

I'm having some trouble with my Layer-0 boots and thought I'd ask for advice here as there's a lot of great knowledge in this thread.

The bottom layer of the leather sole keeps separating from the others. I think this is due to water getting in the crack and weakening the glue. I can't avoid the soles getting wet due to where I live being wet a lot of the time. I've taken them to a cobbler once and had them reglued and renailed, but they've come apart again, and this time I lost one of the nails (It's possible he may not have done a very good job, I don't have access to any really exceptional cobblers in Memphis TN. The only place that might have a good one that I visit frequently is New Orleans.) Should I just get them topied? I don't want the sole to get thicker though. Could a good cobbler remove the bottommost layer of leather and replace it with topy? There is a rubber heel tap already.

Pictures for clearer explanation:

Layer-0 split heel construction

Picture of the sole, which parts are leather and which rubber

hopefully this shows the 3 layers the sole is made of

what's happening to my pair

Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated :)
                  put a tiger in your tank

Comment

• Dorje
                    • Oct 2013

ffg, I have had that happen and it was successfully repaired (so far)... I also have most of my shoes vibrammed/topied and the cobbler shaves off a small layer of leather so the sole thickness is very close to original. If you wear your shoes in wet weather it is probably a good idea. I pay about $25 for the service.

Comment

• flashoflight
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      I have an old jewish guy on 37th street between 8 and 9th that I use. I have been going to him for over five years and never had a single issue at all.
                      I need to resole a pair of boots. Thinking of trying this place out. Zam if you see this, is the place you are talking about the one with the yellow board that says 'same day shoe repair'?

Comment

• eleven crows
                        • Mar 2011

What's the best way to stop my shoes and boots developing those clusters of small creases? If there is any way. And any tips for managing them?

Comment

• cloonz
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                          What's the best way to stop my shoes and boots developing those clusters of small creases? If there is any way. And any tips for managing them?
                          Don't wear them.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cloonz View Post
                            Don't wear them.
                            Legit
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• returningson
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by cloonz View Post
                              Don't wear them.
                              if your inquiry is serious, there really is no way. The leather creases and molds to your foot as you walk. Shoe trees when stored/not being used is your best bet to minimalize this but creasing is inevitable.

Or, as suggested above, you could always go the "display case" option

Comment

• Null12
                                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                                ok i recently received these bbs bamba1 sneakers and i love them

it is this exact shoe

on one of the shoes, the distressing of the rubber strip across the toe was a bit too heavy. the dye was rubbed completely off in a fairly large spot. see these bad cell phone pics:

at first it bothered me, but then it didn't because it really isn't that out of character for the shoe. but now it does again.

the dye on these is definitely just a wipe dye. hand dyed. and it is clearly pretty haphazard. so my thought is to try and just apply some sort of dye to that little area to just reduce the glare of whiteness. the dye could even be pretty diluted and applied like a glaze or something. in a really thin layer just to dim the contrast of the spot. i don't want to dye the whole shoe of course, but i could dye that whole rubber strip if i needed to. so.....help?!?!

my questions are should i do it, what to use, where to get it, what color to use because its not really black its an ink-like color (kind of a blue/black/purple/grey) and how to do it. or should i just ask a cobbler to do it, and if so...who?

please solve my problems for me sz thank you...

Awww yeah~ I too have a pair of bamba 1s and I wish I could help you here... On the other hand I am going to be a bastard and ask if you heel tapped your pair? I usually see brand new bbs shoes heel tapped from the start... Was wondering if I should do that to mine before I wear them... (If anyone else has... Is it akward on a bamba?)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎