Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apathy!
    • Jan 2014

Asking again. Is there anything i can do to stop this from worsening (cracked midsole)?

They are my favourite sneakers and I don't think I'll be able to find another pair when these give out.

thanks

Comment

• gavroche88
      • Jun 2010

Willie's Shoe Service in LA has always handled my mailed shoes with care. It will take a month or so, all told, but they've worked on Guidis for me and done great work.

Originally posted by nomemorial View Post
      I just bought a pair of Guidi 992s brand new -- the representative compared the current season version (which I purchased) and the previous season's model to explain a difference in the leather. He mentioned that the previous season was a higher quality Cordovan, but the newer season is a treated leather for better weatherproofing (he was not entirely sure of the leather itself).

Now, this is my first pair of Guidi shoes, so my knowledge is not really there. Even worse, I live in a place not so convenient for trustworthy cobbling (on a shoe of this caliber, at least). Does anyone know of a great cobbler I could ship to with confidence?

Furthermore, this really textured, rough leather has me a bit confused as to the best way to condition it without ruining the roughness or matte color. I've read through the thread and looked at a lot of products, but does someone else with these shoes have a recommended product? Thanks.

Comment

• okayvin
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
        Asking again. Is there anything i can do to stop this from worsening (cracked midsole)?

They are my favourite sneakers and I don't think I'll be able to find another pair when these give out.

thanks
        Shoe goo brand glue

Comment

• VP_RP
          • Mar 2014

If theres anyone that has a tutorial or DIY on cobbling shoes it would help alot, trying to soleswap some rick owens dunks or at least add another sole to them. thanks

Comment

• kevlar776
            • Feb 2011

Has anybody ever have the shanks split on their CCP tornadoes? I've got a pair and the shank has split right near the heel. I'm wondering if it is an involved process or even possible to have this repaired by a cobbler?

Comment

• tonecrush
              • Jul 2013

Any tips with ma+ side lace boots? Noob to leather care here.
              "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• cblicious
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by VP_RP View Post
                If theres anyone that has a tutorial or DIY on cobbling shoes it would help alot, trying to soleswap some rick owens dunks or at least add another sole to them. thanks
                I never found something like that, but just take them to a cobbler. In every bigger city there are good cobblers who can fix that really good, I paid about 20$ for both soles

Comment

• bukka
                  • Sep 2011

What would you recommend to clean shoes made in reversed horse? Thanks!
                  Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

a soft brush for dust, and a slightly damp cloth for dirt..

Comment

• bukka
                      • Sep 2011

That's what I was thinking, I was wondering if there was some kind of product equivalent to leather care balm
                      Thanks Shucks
                      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• kurta
                        • Jun 2014

Los Angeles Shoe Repair/Cobbler

For those in Los Angeles looking for someone to vibram their shoes, resurrect their soles, and generally make their footwear sing, please go to Pasquale's Shoe Repair (info below). They were highly referred to me, and have done incredible work on my Augusta derbies: They've respected the integrity of the shoe's shape, sanded them down expertly, and performed seamless, spotless vibram work for me. I'm a new, lifelong devotee.

Pasquale Shoe Repair
                        5616 San Vicente Blvd # 1, Los Angeles, CA 90019
                        (323) 936-6883
                        pasqualeshoerepair.com

Comment

• Fenix
                          • Aug 2010

Do you guys vibram over the cross heel on the MA+ boots? These partial rubber heels always throw me for a loop.
                          Originally posted by hausofblaq
                          Grow up.

Comment

• nicelynice
                            • Oct 2009

Rick sneaker fix. Cobbler did a fantastic job fixing these up, soles were destroyed. Added thick Vibram soles for extra protection.

Rongo Rongo in Tokyo
                            目黒区武蔵小山で靴と革製品の修理とユーズドアイテムの販売を行っている、rongo rongo(ロンゴロンゴ)のウェブページです。

Comment

• apathy!
                              • Jan 2014

^ damn that's pretty impressive. How much was it inc soles?

Comment

• nicelynice
                                • Oct 2009

$25 for the heel, $50 for the resole, $10 extra for the thicker vibrams. Very fair price considering it's a tiny shop run by a really nice guy and his wife.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎