Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • astroglider
    • Apr 2014

I recently bought a pair of Ramones Boots and I had kept them in a dark and confined place and when I took them out I noticed that the while sole had this pink fade from place to place. I don't know why this happened because I kept it isolated. Has anyone ever had this problem? Also is there a good way to take it off?

Thanks!

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

it's the leather dye that has bled into the rubber. THERE IS NO WAY TO GET IT OUT - TRUST ME.

so return them to the store where u bought them...

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I wonder if you could paint them with something..? you'd probably need to do the entire side of the soles though to make them even, and even then it might look worse than the discoloration if its not major.

this, of course, being the last resort if you are stuck with them....
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• astroglider
          • Apr 2014

Thanks for the kind replies!

I went to the store where I bought them and they said that they will send it to their shoe repair personnel and see what they can do with it. I think that they won't be able to do anything with it as Shucks has said which sucks... I guess I will try to paint over it with idk what or just wear them out until the pink is unnoticeable.

Comment

• Dorje
            • Oct 2013

I just had vibram soles added to James Kearns' trainers I got recently. The cobbler said when the heel wears down he can cut the sole at the heel and just replace the heel instead of the entire sole. The soles cost about $50 and having the heels replaced as-needed will cost $25. Not bad, and should make these trainers last a long time!

Also, the shoes look completely black unless they are in direct light, then you can see the colors/patterns. The photos accentuate the colors and patterns in the leather.... They are made of Guidi horse leather.

Comment

• imblurredout
              • Apr 2013

I have a pair of reverse leather RO creepers that I'm very fond of. They're nearly a year old now, and the shaft has stretched/stacked from normal wear. I'm beginning to dislike the width of the shaft now. Would having the boots washed and cleaned help restore the slim fit of the shaft? Is there anyway of restoring the slim fit without damaging the leather?

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                • Apr 2009

Got a pair of Guidi 988 in 906t (white) a while back. Really liked them when they got a little bit dirty but recently that dirt had turned them look worse and worse so I decided to make them black.

Pretty happy with the end result. Im gonna layer some more paint on the heels and soles and maybe rough them up a bit. Also I probably should color the inside as well as it kind of looks like a paint job atm.

If anyone is curious this is how I did:

Cleaned the boots with acetone. Yeah that's right, and it didnt destroy the leather one bit.
                After that I used plain leather black color which I layered on 3 times allowing the paint to dry after each time. I started out with a small brush but realized it was quicker and gave a better more even result with the use of a sponge.
                After I was done I used some a leather conditioner and then some black shoe cream.
                Almost done, except the zipper was black. Easily fixed though with some acetone and a small brush which I gently dragged over the teeth.

Comment

• a bag of it
                  • Jan 2014

does anyone have a recommendation for place to get my guidis vibramed in the boston area?

Comment

• okayvin
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Lucky Strike View Post
                    Got a pair of Guidi 988 in 906t (white) a while back. Really liked them when they got a little bit dirty but recently that dirt had turned them look worse and worse so I decided to make them black.

Pretty happy with the end result. Im gonna layer some more paint on the heels and soles and maybe rough them up a bit. Also I probably should color the inside as well as it kind of looks like a paint job atm.
                    it looks good.

btw, hand-dyed shoes from guidi don't have dyed lining either

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by a bag of it View Post
                      does anyone have a recommendation for place to get my guidis vibramed in the boston area?
                      There is a cobbler in the curved building across the street at the Government Center T stop. He's to the right of the staircase by the Irish restaurant there. Neon sign.

I've taken CCPs in the past to get Vibramed by him and he had always done right by me and with a fair price.
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                        • Feb 2014

Sorry if this question has been answered already, tried to skim back posts but couldn't find the answer. I have a pair of black guidi soft horse boots and was wondering what is the best kind of leather conditioner to use with them? They're quite matte and faded in comparison with my partner's pair in the same leather, and I quite like them like that so I'm looking for something that won't add shine, just help keep the leather supple. Many thanks.

Comment

• okayvin
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by wildinthewoods View Post
                          Sorry if this question has been answered already, tried to skim back posts but couldn't find the answer. I have a pair of black guidi soft horse boots and was wondering what is the best kind of leather conditioner to use with them? They're quite matte and faded in comparison with my partner's pair in the same leather, and I quite like them like that so I'm looking for something that won't add shine, just help keep the leather supple. Many thanks.
                          lexol leather conditioner does not contain any wax so it might work. use lexol, then use a damp cloth to remove excess oil. and do a spot test to make sure that it will turn out fine before working on the rest of the boot. you can also try to find a good "water-based" conditioner instead (lexol is pure synthetic sperm whale oil)

Comment

• gavroche88
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by a bag of it View Post
                            I've had good luck with the cobbler in Davis Square. He's done 2 pairs of Guidis, MA+ shoes, and AV_Fields. Did an incredibly clean heel build up on my decimated pair of 995s. Just be sure to give him strict instructions on not shaving the sides, polishing, etc. He does take 3 weeks though.

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
                              • Jul 2010

I have a pair of red CCP tornado boots in horse cordovan I need grease for. The place where I bought them recommended me to use Burgol neutral grease. - But before I do that I would like to know my options, so does anyone here has any experience with greasing red ccp horse boots?

Comment

• axtang
                                • Sep 2013

a bag of it: I've used Felix in Harvard Square a number of times, mostly on brogues and the like but he vibramed one pair of Guidis for me and did a very fine job of it.

He can be a bit blunt, isn't cheap, and only takes cash, but I've grown kind of fond of him.

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                                There is a cobbler in the curved building across the street at the Government Center T stop. He's to the right of the staircase by the Irish restaurant there. Neon sign.

I've taken CCPs in the past to get Vibramed by him and he had always done right by me and with a fair price.
                                This is very interesting to me, as I've never found another cobbler I've trusted over Felix, but this location would be much more convenient. Do you recall his name?
                                Last edited by axtang; 10-02-2014, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎