Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monster
    • Aug 2009

Sorry, if the question has been asked on the forum before, but still can anyone recommend shoe repair shop in Hong Kong. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• eleves
      • Sep 2012

Does anyone happen to know where I can purchase or perhaps at least look at some options for soles similar to the Rick creeper soles (standard rick creeper boots, 2010 to be exact) ? I usually take my stuff to Firm but I'd assume that they wouldn't have the exact or close enough replacement. I'm also completely new to replacing/fixing thicker soles so anything helps!
      Originally posted by Faust
      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• dduyyy
        • Jul 2014

While there arent any cobblers here in my place do the vibram sole, Im thinking of doing it myself. However, I could not find anywhere that sell the vibram rubber heel. I tried to find it on amazon - where i found the rubber half sole, but seems that they only have the goodyear heel pad. Im wondering if thats okay to use the vibram one for the sole and the goodyear one for the heel?
        And any recommendations for the glue?

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Vibram is just one brand of rubber soles, while it's considered one of the best its certainly not the only good one. The name is often used synonymously with aftermarket rubber soles even if they are another brand.

If you can find a good cobbler, chances are they have some good quality soles and heels even if they are not Vibram.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
            • Oct 2014

So I bought a pair of the Rick laceless Hiker boots and unfortunately after two weeks of wear, this happened. (proper size and all)
            Fortunately my cobbler put some T8 Lampo zippers on and they feel good as new. Just surprised they literally pulled apart so soon. Rick in NYC didn't know where to get the matching zippers and Raccagri (SP) didn't respond.

IMG_2709

Comment

• gregor
              • Oct 2014

Need some work done to a pair of CCP trainers (Grommets and the soles, mainly), and I'm moving to Ottawa soon; any recommendations for good cobblers in the city?

Comment

• nuki
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                Need some work done to a pair of CCP trainers (Grommets and the soles, mainly), and I'm moving to Ottawa soon; any recommendations for good cobblers in the city?
                I second this!
                I recently picked up a pair of Guidi boots and am also looking for a reputable cobbler in Ottawa (Montreal or Toronto too even). I'm pretty baseless and have no idea where/how to start looking

Comment

• gregor
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by nuki View Post
                  I second this!
                  I recently picked up a pair of Guidi boots and am also looking for a reputable cobbler in Ottawa (Montreal or Toronto too even). I'm pretty baseless and have no idea where/how to start looking
                  There's a few reputed to be good (Moneysworth and Best, for example, which is a pretty well-known chain), but testimony from a member here would serve to solidify any Google review.

Comment

• dduyyy
                    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    Vibram is just one brand of rubber soles, while it's considered one of the best its certainly not the only good one. The name is often used synonymously with aftermarket rubber soles even if they are another brand.

If you can find a good cobbler, chances are they have some good quality soles and heels even if they are not Vibram.
                    Well thats the problem here cause i havent found any good cobblers near around. So thats why im considering doing it myself.

Comment

• blackfedora
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by nuki View Post
                      I second this!
                      If you are in Toronto, I recommend Nick's Custom Boots, he's worked on my CCP, a1923, Guidi etc. footwear as well as those of numerous people in the city.

Comment

• blackfedora
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                        If you ever go through Toronto, see Nick's (link in my above post) as he has done good work putting a vibram on my drips before and is likely capable in repairing grommets as well. He has an understanding for the footwear discussed here.

Comment

• coldknife
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                          If you are in Toronto, I recommend Nick's Custom Boots, he's worked on my CCP, a1923, Guidi etc. footwear as well as those of numerous people in the city.
                          Seconded for Nick's, great place for fixing your shoes in Toronto. Nobody even comes close, really.

Definitely do not go to Sole Survivor in Kensington. Ladies there are nice, but are actually fucking dumb when it comes to shoes. She flat out refused to topy my heel because "it's too difficult."

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by a bag of it View Post
                            does anyone have a recommendation for place to get my guidis vibramed in the boston area?
                            Boston local. Beacon Hill Shoe Repair has fixed my Rick boots, my Ann boots/a friend's heels, and etc. Never vibrammed anything there but they do solid work. Run by two quite Russian guys.

Or you can call The Firm in NYC and see if they accept mail-in orders. Prepay postage and whatnot.

Comment

• nuki
                              • Sep 2014

cool,
                              thx coldknife/blackfedora, will definitely look into this next week!

Comment

• gregor
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                                If you ever go through Toronto, see Nick's (link in my above post) as he has done good work putting a vibram on my drips before and is likely capable in repairing grommets as well. He has an understanding for the footwear discussed here.
                                Thanks, I'll see about making the trip once I get in.

Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎