Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magic
    • Feb 2009

the sole making is really impressive. i was wondering what leather he use for the sole
    Focusing on object details

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I don't understand how much you'd have to wear the shoes or what sort of a swamp you'd need to walk through in order to make your shoes rot simply because of rubber soles. I'd imagine that the amount of stress needed for that would harm the shoes anyway, regardless of soles.

there has been some discussion about the breathability of leather soles with rubber added, personally I think that as long as you don't walk/eat/sleep/crap in them for a year straight, its not a problem.

thanks for the video bump, hadn't watched that in a while, always impressive.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• are you allowed to strengle the cobbler who completely butchered the heel of your damir doma low boots? I specifically told them to not touch the leather and only replace the rubber layers, but they fucking sliced the heel in two pieces, slabbing on this huge layer or rubber, all exposed, and now the nails are falling out as a result, cause they're right in the crack between the wood and the rubber.

If anyone have any leads on a new pair just like them, either natural/black leather/suede in size 43, i'd be very happy.

Comment

• Castor
          • Nov 2009

You are seriously having some kind of shoe curse. Sorry. Time for a new cobbler.
          Originally posted by DRRRK
          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• this was the cobbler in the fancy department store in stockholm, those who are used to designer shoes and picky customers. I'm calling them tomorrow and causing comotion. Hopefully I can get a refund big enough to proxy new ones from japan.

Comment

• would love to get in touch with someone who had their ss09 doma low boots re-heeled successfully to help me prove my point against those idiots. apparently I have the right for 2 thirds the worth of the shoes.

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

^I'm sorry, I can't help you there .I've put vibram soles under the heels before I've even worn them because I didn't know how the heels could be treated afterwards.

If you're interested, I've got the high laced boots in suede, too, size 43.

Comment

• did you add the vibram ontop of the already added rubber layer? how does that look?

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

Yes. Except for the 5 mm more height of the heel it didn't look that different to my own surprise. The fact that the vibram is not covered by leather is barely visible when you wear them.

Comment

• good idea. i guess you could also phase the edges so it matches the front of the shoe.

Comment

• red120
                        • May 2010

Is there any way to replace/remake the Achilles notch on a shoe?

Have this really comfortable old pair, but the back's pretty destroyed.
                        love.to: ENFANTS PERDUS Gothic Nouveau Jewelry | Elysieme Boutique

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

a cobbler should be able to stitch torn parts up a bit and maybe add a piece of leather to reinforce it.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• the other one
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                            Bumping this old post up because it is seriously insightful. Watch all six videos to understand your shoes on a deeper level. Makes me appreciate my Guidis all the much more.

Edit: there's no way Simone made 800 shoes by himself with no help...
                            If Marcel's videos get you then take a look at our blog carreducker.blogspot.com for a serious 'how to...' on handsewn shoemaking. I don't know if yours are made this way, but this blog really highlights the difference between hand made and hand sewn.

Enjoy...oh, and we teach an intensive handsewn shoemaking course twice a year in New York and London if you fancy coming to get your hands dirty. In just 90 hours (two weeks) you hand sew a pair of shoes!

Now there's a challenge!

Comment

• mononon
                              • Sep 2009

heirloom,

do you mind posting pictures of the heels of your damir's after the cobbler butchered them?
                              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Torchiere
                                • May 2009

Can someone in Toronto recommend me a cobbler? Gonna install some rubber soles.

I live in Markham, so pretty much anywhere in York region and downtown will be fine.

I've read good things about Novelty Shoe Rebuilders, anyone been there before?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎