X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bukka
    • Sep 2011

Really hard to not follow your advice though
    Any last minute advise for tmr? Shop, bar, exhibition, whatever?
    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• radio-aktivität
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by bukka View Post
      if you’re into mid century furniture, especially danish modern, you could hang out a little at Illums Bolighus and drool half an hour in a Kjærholm sofa. that’s what I would do. caress some nice leather.
      or sit your girl in one and stare strangely.

seriously: they stock basically everything a design museum has on display, with the difference that you can actually try all furniture out. they’re downtown, but then again distances aren’t really a problem in CPH!

edit:
      on a sidenote, don’t you think that written danish very often looks like dutch? i found always found myself trying to pronounce all danish the dutch way (with my friends laughing)
      edit, 2:
      ooops, i think i just mixed you up with our dutchman 550BC. sorry :)

Comment

• bukka
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post
        if you’re into mid century furniture, especially danish modern, you could hang out a little at Illums Bolighus and drool half an hour in a Kjærholm sofa. that’s what I would do. caress some nice leather.
        or sit your girl in one and stare strangely.

seriously: they stock basically everything a design museum has on display, with the difference that you can actually try all furniture out. they’re downtown, but then again distances aren’t really a problem in CPH!

edit:
        on a sidenote, don’t you think that written danish very often looks like dutch? i found always found myself trying to pronounce all danish the dutch way (with my friends laughing)
        edit, 2:
        ooops, i think i just mixed you up with our dutchman 550BC. sorry :)
        I want to try this. Thanks!
        And sorry, have no clue if it looks like dutch, I can just tell you that it doesn't look like french or spanish, that's a given lol

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by bukka View Post
          if i were u i'd get out of the city and instead take the quick train ride to louisiana (louisiana.dk) to see the richard mosse exhibition etc. there and have lunch/coffee in the sunshine with a beautiful view of the seaside. it will be more memorable than just roaming around the city center... louisiana's design-/bookshop isn't bad either.

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
            if i were u i'd get out of the city and instead take the quick train ride to louisiana (louisiana.dk) to see the richard mosse exhibition etc. there and have lunch/coffee in the sunshine with a beautiful view of the seaside. it will be more memorable than just roaming around the city center... louisiana's design-/bookshop isn't bad either.
            I'm staying in Gilleleje! Having a coffee by the seaside is daily routine actually
            I have a car, I'll check how far is the exhibition. I wanted to have a look at the botanical garden, is it worth it?
            Thanks!

Edit: oh, it's really close from Helsingør! We'll definitely make a stop by Louisiana before heading to Copenhagen. Thanks again for the recommendation

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

Louisiana was such an amazing museum
              Got back with the exhibition book of Jeff Wall and a big poster of Richard Mosse. Both exhibitions were great. And in that architectural context, it was even better

Comment

• electricgecko
                • May 2012

bukka, not sure whether you're still there – but if you are, drop by at oliver gustav - they stock some amazing interior stuff/furniture as well as a capsule clothing collection from faye too good. beautiful little place.

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

to be honest tho, toogood's clothing is pretty meh. all oversized anti-fit felted pieces. who cares what the fabrics are or if they are a ltd run of 10 or not.

bukka glad u enjoyed ur visit.

Comment

• electricgecko
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                    to be honest tho, toogood's clothing is pretty meh. all oversized anti-fit felted pieces. who cares what the fabrics are or if they are a ltd run of 10 or not.
                    i guess that's true, but i found it quite interesting nonetheless. no intention of ever owning/wearing any of it. leaning more towards artwork, less towards actual product.

Comment

• VonStraap
                      • Nov 2010

Now there's also the new bar / restaurant by Mikkeller and 3 Floyds collab in the meat packing district called War Pigs. Some serious beer and bbq. Place is huge and they had their opening ceremonies yesterday.

A damned thing we had to fly out just then. But there's always a next time..

+ for healthier living the Torvehallerne were great for coffee & food.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎