X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Americans feel poor everywhere these days. The $ blows.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kuriz
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post
      edit: oh, TM404 at the box. maybe i have to reconsider…

Chances are we might meet then! (black clothes look awesome in Red Box - just in case you're interested in one of those blogger wear girls ;-) )

Comment

• DRRRK
        • Aug 2009

Without ever having been there I'm celebrating Copenhagen week. Great music coming from there currently.

Edit: Just saw Faust's new fascination with Monocle's city ranking, which usually has cities that are expensive and posh on top. Concerning music I am hopelessly romantic, thinking that in this environment a counter-culture can flourish, maybe that's why true post-punk sounds so great from there.
        Last edited by DRRRK; 08-22-2014, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• kuriz
          • Nov 2010

Celebrating Copenhagen Week once in a while, what a good idea! Out of curiosity what are you listening to?

Comment

• DRRRK
            • Aug 2009

For longer already Iceage and Var, now Lower (on repeat) and White Void.

Comment

• kuriz
              • Nov 2010

Ah, I knew only one of those groups as I'm personally not much into rock. However I keep listening to 'Cocaine mother' by WhiteVoid over and over too, for some reason the atmosphere of that track really strikes something

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

I had an insane meal in a fantastic environment at AMASS two weeks ago. Highly recommended.

Comment

• gp_
                  • Aug 2014

papirøen ("paper island") is cool. henrik vibskov's workshop and cafe - "den plettede gris" (the spotted pig) are located there. i went back in april and he was there - very friendly guy.

christiana is interesting, although, may not be everyone's cup of tea.

as ahlefeldt mentioned, "storm" is a cool store. i was unfortunately there over easter weekend and a lot was closed.

would also recommend the louisiana museum (in humlebæk) and the danish design museum.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
                    I had an insane meal in a fantastic environment at AMASS two weeks ago. Highly recommended.
                    How are you not a fat bastard yet is beyond me. BTW, Mike's Instagram is a better NYC food guide than Zagat.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                      For longer already Iceage and Var, now Lower (on repeat) and White Void.
                      Add Shiny Darkly to that list! A young band still. The latest Album has some good tunes, Soft Skin and Sacred Floor namely. I’m also a Fan of their First EP.

We’re still here and, for instance, had fantastic Dinner at the Kødbyens Fiskebar. You can watch some jellyfish in huge tanks while waiting.
                      More report to follow.

Comment

• morsto
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
                        Next time try to get a table at noma in advance for the real deal. :)
                        A good alternative is Relæ.
                        I do not recognise the vessel,
                        but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Dorje
                          • Oct 2013

When I worked for Vestas I used to fly into Copenhagen often, it's one of my favorite cities. Luckily I was not spending my own money though, it is pretty expensive and the USD is not worth much these days. I remember being there for summer solstice, the whole city was up all night partying, which seems to be one of the things Danes do best...

I will share one of my favorite spots, Den Tatoverede Enke:

Some of the beer is much better here than after being subjected to shipping to the US. The food was amazing too.

I definitely miss my trips to Copenhagen!

Comment

• MikeN
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                            Next time try to get a table at noma in advance for the real deal. :)
                            Well we tried, of course.

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                              • Apr 2009

My favorite place in Copenhagen is the cocktail joint Ruby. Pretty laid back, but the drinks are superb and the staff are very friendly and knowledgable! Their Old Fashioned is without a doubt the best I had :)

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                                • Jan 2011

Back home. What a beautiful trip (and city)!

For those who are into Olafur Eliasson, you can have an overdose there right now:

First, the River Bed exhibition in Louisiana Museum. It’s a half hour train ride from Copenhagen at the Baltic Sea Coast. The museum itself also currently displays a retrospective on Emil Nolde that we highly enjoyed also. But the River Bed really is a big thing —*they turned the interior outwards and built a lava field into the whole right wing of the Museum. Such a good experience.

Second, the Aros Museum in Århus (3 hours away by bus and ferry, for those who prefer boats over trains as much as I do) shows »Out of the Darkness« at the moment, which is basically a best-of of European contemporary art at the moment. It lasts until winter and shows Eliassons Atmospheric Color Room. I was never haunted that much in a museum. It’s mesmerizing. You are basically swallowing in all rainbow colors. Go there. Four years ago, I was in Berlin and couldn’t make it to his retrospective — and was blown away when I arrived at Aros and found the installation there in all it’s glory. So good, for real.

Third, Aros’ rooftop with the Rainbow Panorama architecture is open all year and a permanent addition to the museum building. Especially nice, though a bit kitschy at sunset (of course, the romantic Me went just then)

Apart from that, we were biking a lot (clearly the best way to experience CPH) and saw a lot of beautiful architecture. Some of Bjarke Ingels’ housing projects, for instance (Mountain Dwelling!), or the bicycle bridge across the harbour.

Since 5 Euro for a Capuccino are quiet common, I couldn’t indulge into my coffee love as much as in other places, but one can’t have everything.

For housing, I can recommend a beautiful room right in the City Center, rent by an elderly norwegian woman. Very clean, cozy, and pleasingly quiet (no TV!).
                                PM me for more information about that! 400 DKK a night (about 52 Euro) well invested.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎