X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radio-aktivität
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by gp_ View Post
    papirøen ("paper island") is cool. henrik vibskov's workshop and cafe - "den plettede gris" (the spotted pig) are located there. i went back in april and he was there - very friendly guy.
    Papirøen was our favourite place in the city. You can have pretty good quality streetfood and lounge by the harbourside next to the Opera and Theatre in beach chairs. It wasn’t too crowded, as well (probably not during the summer, but it’s surely nice off season!)

Comment

• udbrud
      • Dec 2013

A bit late for this. Would have recommended coming by Charlottenborg this weekend for the CHART art fair ... had a whole bunch of the stuff you wanted recommendations for.

Honestly as for clothing stores Copenhagen is pretty shit. I'll never find anything here. You can occasionally find some men's Guidi and Aleksandr Manamis at Rohrmann and some Yohji at the Henrik Vibskov store, but that's sort of it.
      Now quality food and drinks is more where it's at around here. If you're into beer you need to visit any and all of the Mikkeller bars here in town, also there's a new gourmet "smørrebrøds" restaurant opened by the Mikkeller emporium called Øl&Brød (Beer&Bread) which is nice (definitely competing with for example the mentioned Den Tatoverede Enke - + they cater easier to other dietary requirements, fx. vegetarians). You can also get nice cocktails at the related Mikropolis bar. All of it is obviously aimed at the foodie type crowd, so don't expect a whole lot of dingyness, but good atmosphere none the less. Generally Copenhagen has seen it's craft beer scene flourish the last couple of years, so there's tonnes of beerbars around. As for good natural wine (and food) look out for Manfreds&Vin in Nørrebro (owned by the aforementioned Relæ) and Rosforth&Rosforth. Also Vinhanen in Nørrebro is a good spot to get a nice glass of wine directly from the barrel.
      Excellent restaurants where reservations are more or less doable to get without planning 3-6 months into the future are Relæ, Amass, Bror, Radio amongst others. I've also been told that the new Latin-American styled spot Llama is quite good and "mexican with new nordic flair" Condesa has upped their game a bit ... being massively into Mex I have to admit I'm critical of the latter, but it's a nice meal anyhow. If you actually want some authentic Mexican look for the Yuca Taco food truck, when it parks around town (usually around the Mikkeller bars on weekends, but just keep updated on Facebook) - that's some excellent eats for a good price.
      If you wanna plan far ahead, look for Mielcke & Hurtigkarl, Geranium or Kadeau. I know Noma is all the rage, but it's not like there's any shortage of other spots.
      Copenhagen has lots of spots for art, both commercial and non-profit, and it's relatively easy to keep up to date with openings etc with a small amount of googling and picking up flyers and gallery-guides in town.
      Clubbing, as Shucks so eloquently put it, fuck Sunday and those other rich-kid clubs, that's not where you go for a good time. Apart from Culture Box and KB18, then it's worth keeping an eye out for the more underground Exile club nights ... always a lot of fun with a good crowd and probably the closest you get to a Berlin-clubbing-vibe in Copenhagen.
      If you're into the whole Copenhagen new school punk thing with Iceage and those kids, then it's worth keeping tabs on the Posh Isolation store and newsletter along with the newsletter for the space Mayhem.
      Last edited by udbrud; 09-01-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• jap808
        • Dec 2012

For beer-lovers, go to Mikkeller Bar: expensive, but they got some of the best beers around...
        http://mikkeller.dk/mikkeller-bar/
        "20 taps from Mikkeller and other great breweries from around the world, specialized bottle selection, selected sodas and spirits, gourmet cheese and other snacks, excellent service, great music and atmosphere every day of the week. Located in the heart of Vesterbro."
        Viktoriagade No. 8 B-C
        1655 Copenhagen.
        +45 3331 0415
        Sun-Wed: 13:00-01:00
        Thur-Fri: 13:00-02:00
        Sat: 12:00-02:00

Comment

• udbrud
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by jap808 View Post
          For beer-lovers, go to Mikkeller Bar: expensive, but they got some of the best beers around...
          Considering the quality of what you're getting, the abv of what you're getting and the large variety, then I honestly don't think it's expensive in general.
          At Mikkeller you'll get a pint of the amazing house pilsner or pale ale and pay 45kr (roughly €6) or a little more for the sour, and you'll easily end up paying that for the same amount of piss-thin, flat Carlsberg at any other bar in the city.

Apart from that, as I mentioned above, it's basically an emporium by now, with a bunch of bars all over the world and with two dedicated ones here in Copenhagen, serving both Mikkeller's own brews and a pile of amazing (and some rare) beers from the rest of the world. If you want larger choice than the 20 taps at the "old Mikkeller bar" in Viktoriagade, then go for Mikkeller & Friends in Nørrebro with 40 taps instead (it's also right around the corner from Manfreds, Relæ and a couple of other nice eateries).

Oh yeah, and I forgot earlier. It's worth checking out Kiin Kiin (whom Mikkeller actually brewed two beers in collaboration with) for fantastic and inventive thai food.

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
            • Jul 2010

For beer and atmosphere, visit Bobi Bar!

Comment

• jap808
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by udbrud View Post
              Considering the quality of what you're getting, the abv of what you're getting and the large variety, then I honestly don't think it's expensive in general.
              At Mikkeller you'll get a pint of the amazing house pilsner or pale ale and pay 45kr (roughly €6) or a little more for the sour, and you'll easily end up paying that for the same amount of piss-thin, flat Carlsberg at any other bar in the city.

Apart from that, as I mentioned above, it's basically an emporium by now, with a bunch of bars all over the world and with two dedicated ones here in Copenhagen, serving both Mikkeller's own brews and a pile of amazing (and some rare) beers from the rest of the world. If you want larger choice than the 20 taps at the "old Mikkeller bar" in Viktoriagade, then go for Mikkeller & Friends in Nørrebro with 40 taps instead (it's also right around the corner from Manfreds, Relæ and a couple of other nice eateries).

Oh yeah, and I forgot earlier. It's worth checking out Kiin Kiin (whom Mikkeller actually brewed two beers in collaboration with) for fantastic and inventive thai food.

ps: you're righet: "expensive" was referred to Italian beer-standars (pale ale retails for €5; sours for €5.5-6), but it's actually not expensive when compared to northern europe pricing (which is a lil' higher)

pps: imho artisanal beers' price are the new A1923's price: risin' to the top... but that's off-topic here: will continue on the beer topic

Comment

• udbrud
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by jap808 View Post

ps: you're righet: "expensive" was referred to Italian beer-standars (pale ale retails for €5; sours for €5.5-6), but it's actually not expensive when compared to northern europe pricing (which is a lil' higher)

pps: imho artisanal beers' price are the new A1923's price: risin' to the top... but that's off-topic here: will continue on the beer topic
                No problem. Next time you're in town, you're more than welcome to drop me a line - maybe I can show you some spots, you don't already know.
                Also, sure, bring it to the beer topic, I'll chime in.

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                  • Jan 2011

Damn, why didn’t I know earlier about the Mikkeller bars? Although we always find it difficult to enjoy new beers. If you grew up with a bitter Pilsner, it’s sometimes tough to taste the difference. So, maybe, it shouldn’t have been!

I forgot one important thing: there are public trampolins in the harbour, just outside Nyhavn, and then southwards:

Comment

• bukka
                    • Sep 2011

Booked Radio for Tuesday evening, nothing else was free in the recommandations I could find on this thread. Looks really nice, looking forward to it.
                    Anything I should really do? I'll be only staying there for an afternoon, I don't really have the time to go to 10 different shops.
                    Thanks in advance!
                    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• morsto
                      • Nov 2008

^ I think I wrote earlier in this thread that the city is very boring clothing wise, this has not changed since. The only somewhat interesting shop is Storm on Store Regnegade 1, 1110 Copenhagen.
                      I think Radio is a good booking for a taste of the hyped nordic food, so enjoy! If you're in the mood for a cocktail afterwards I can recommend Salon 39, which is walking distance from Radio --- they make excellent cocktails but it's best if you're there with someone as its a table service bar.
                      I do not recognise the vessel,
                      but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• bukka
                        • Sep 2011

thanks! I'll check out Salon 39

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                          Booked Radio for Tuesday evening, nothing else was free in the recommandations I could find on this thread. Looks really nice, looking forward to it.
                          Anything I should really do? I'll be only staying there for an afternoon, I don't really have the time to go to 10 different shops.
                          Thanks in advance!
                          Look at hot blond chicks.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Look at hot blond chicks.
                            Traveling with one.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Ooops.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BBSCCP
                                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                                Traveling with one.
                                Bringing your own wood into the forest :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎