• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

NOTICE: Please include sizes in topic titles / BUMP LIMIT IS 3 DAYS

with the number of FS threads growing all the time, it would be very helpful to put as much information in topic titles as possible to avoid uneccesary clicks.

at least an approximate size or size range would already be helpful, also a further description if there is space (material, colour etc).

if you're selling 20 items in one thread, its understandable that there is no space for specifications, but when there is, please include more info.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

bump for the dozen topics on front page with a single item and no size
    Last edited by lowrey; 08-02-2009, 12:33 PM.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• shawn
      • Apr 2007

good point! but I always feel no space to input the size after entered brand name, item name and color.

Also, due to designer items their sizing varies widely and even each season the shoes' sizing is different from same brand!

Because not everyone is guru for these designer items here, I rather like to read seller's size description such as how the actual fitting, measurements and compare with other sizes etc. That's much more helpful sometimes.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

the point of listing sizes in thread titles is that people can avoid looking through threads that have nothing in their size range.

for example if I see a thread titled "Designer Name - item, size XS", I can skip reading it because I usually wear an L in that particular brand. if I'm unsure about the size (for example if it would be an M), I would obviously read the description to check if it fits.

fitting the size into the title shouldn't be a problem most of the time, its usually just one letter or two numbers. if the sizing is very unusual or if there are multiple items, its a good idea to write "fits 46-48" for example, if space permits.

Comment

• shawn
          • Apr 2007

great got it. thanks

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Could people please post real sizes when they list footwear?

I know it's tempting to post that you are selling magical elastic shoes, but you aren't. Your shoes don't fit 3+ sizes, they fit one size, and people with two other sizes of foot can pretend it works. Tell people the size of your footwear, let them decide whether to perform elaborate foot binding in order to wear the shoes.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• JetLag
              • Jul 2008

I probably miss something but I can't find how to edit & change my thread title. I edit the first post, go to "advanced", but only can change the post title this way... any clue?
              Originally posted by danman
              If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Changing the post title should change the thread title.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Raw
                  • Oct 2009

I've noticed the passed few times that it doesn't change the thread title anymore. It only changed the title of the first post.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

yuo should be able to edit the title like this

Comment

• JetLag
                      • Jul 2008

indeed... Thanks
                      Originally posted by danman
                      If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• XenoX101
                        • Dec 2008

What is a 'bump limit'? Never heard the term before. I am going to guess that you meant to say that you can only bump a thread once every 3 days. If this is true (again I can't be sure since no explanation was given), then perhaps you should update the original post to explain this.

Comment

• david s
                          • Jul 2010

It's posted in the rules for Classifieds in the original post from Faust

It's absolutely Hedious!
                          shy poser

Comment

• XenoX101
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by david s View Post
                            It's posted in the rules for Classifieds in the original post from Faust

http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2530
                            Not to be that guy but you would think "RULES" would be the first word in that thread title. I thought that was just a notice telling people not to post in other people's threads so I skimmed past it. Anyway thanks for the link.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

you're right, the title was changed along the way and has perhaps become a bit unclear, I will tweak it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎