X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coldcreep
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
    I thought the Team of the Year was a bad joke. Dani Alves the best right-back in the world? Yeah right. Actually, I can think of better defenders than the other three too, and I'd have chosen Buffon over Casillas in goal. I would have also chosen Ibrahimovic over Falcao, although that's a much closer choice, as I don't think anyone can reasonably say Falcao doesn't deserve the recognition.

The whole thing was just silly. There are teams in the world located outside Barcelona and Madrid, and players from those teams who should have been chosen. Philipp Lahm and Andrea Pirlo come to mind.
    Pique didn't deserve to be there either. Barcelona got knocked out of the Champions league and didn't win La Liga in 2012. It looked like a Fifa fanboy's team of the year.

Comment

• amsicora
      • Feb 2011

The whole thing was just silly. There are teams in the world located outside Barcelona and Madrid, and players from those teams who should have been chosen. Philipp Lahm and Andrea Pirlo come to mind.
      also Gareth Bale for the left ( back ) or wing.

Comment

• Verdandi
        • Mar 2012

Outstanding elbow performance by Sergio Ramos. How the hell did he manage not to get send off, even with Webb blowing the whistle?

That being said I am so damn happy right now, the last ten minutes were what the ninth circle of hell must be like.

Still, I think the Bazis will win the cup and I really don't want them to.
        I am almost tempted to cheer for Barca tomorrow although that's like choosing between pest and cholera.
        lavender menace

Comment

• Resonkuken
          • Oct 2012

It was difficult for Madrid to turn it around, but not impossible. At the end they were so close. Maybe a goal in the first half would have made a difference, maybe it wouldn´t have.
          Barca has pretty much no chance tomorrow. Madrid fans will dive of a cliff if somehow they manage to make it to the final... but it won´t happen. 5-0 is not happening.

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
            5-0 is not happening.
            I'm pretty sure you're right. Pity.

Nobody likes Munich.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Pumpfish
              • Sep 2010

I started the game cheering for Madrid, if only for a more interesting final, but with all the shit they pulled on Lewandowski, fuck them.

Hope Dortmund really go for it in the final.
              spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Atmosphere
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
                I started the game cheering for Madrid, if only for a more interesting final, but with all the shit they pulled on Lewandowski, fuck them.

Hope Dortmund really go for it in the final.
                How the hell would Real participating provide for a more interesting final? Interesting how?

I hope Dortmund whip Bayern in the final. Their fans deserve it. I wish everything bad to happen to Bayern considering how they've been treating their fans lately.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                  • Sep 2010

There is a bigger risk Dortmund will roll over in the final, especially if Lewandowski is mindfucked by the prospects of a transfer.

Mou has made better tactical calls in this competition, and might have deployed interesting tactics unpick Bayern. No one else has come close.

Academic now, and I hope Dortmund beat the odds.
                  Last edited by Pumpfish; 05-01-2013, 04:47 PM. Reason: spelinz
                  spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Resonkuken
                    • Oct 2012

Wow, 7-0 overall, who saw that coming?? I guess Barcelona´s reign is truly over. Players are really tired mentally and that is leading to some of the poor performances. Still, Barca had the best run any team has ever had, winning everything and beating everyone in the process. The bad thing is that it´s a pretty shameful way to go, getting beat like that on a CL semifinals. Silver lining is they have La Liga pretty much won.

Comment

• k3mist
                      • Apr 2013

the better final would have been bayern and madrid.
                      madrid should have won if they wernt so wasteful.

but reaching the finals with such a young team is amazing.
                      credit to Klopp. i really hope they win it but the way bayern tore apart barcelona is scary.

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

My thoughts on the semifinals:

In the group stage I thought Dortmund played the best football in the competition, and would make the final if they could keep it up. They outplayed Real in the group stage, and Real were lucky to get that draw in the Bernebeu. Fast forward to the semifinal and Dortmund again played better. Real should have had two goals in the first few minutes of the second leg, but Dortmund should have had three in the second half. Real's desperate attacks aside, over the two legs Dortmund was superior and deserved to win.

As for Bayern v. Barcelona, I've said for years that while Barcelona's football is pretty to watch, they can't defend. The signs were there with AC Milan and PSG, and once the semifinal draw came out I was confident Bayern would open them up. I expected a thrashing in the first leg, but I didn't expect a completely toothless Barcelona. Oh well. The two best teams progressed in the end.
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• amsicora
                          • Feb 2011

My thoughts on the semifinals:

In the group stage I thought Dortmund played the best football in the competition, and would make the final if they could keep it up. They outplayed Real in the group stage, and Real were lucky to get that draw in the Bernebeu. Fast forward to the semifinal and Dortmund again played better. Real should have had two goals in the first few minutes of the second leg, but Dortmund should have had three in the second half. Real's desperate attacks aside, over the two legs Dortmund was superior and deserved to win.

As for Bayern v. Barcelona, I've said for years that while Barcelona's football is pretty to watch, they can't defend. The signs were there with AC Milan and PSG, and once the semifinal draw came out I was confident Bayern would open them up. I expected a thrashing in the first leg, but I didn't expect a completely toothless Barcelona. Oh well. The two best teams progressed in the end.
                          completely agree with you

impressed by dortmund boys, they ruled the competition match after match ( malaga exp )

Klopp is the man.

Comment

• holger
                            • Mar 2009

Video

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT
                            SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!

Comment

• Sombre
                              • Jan 2009

^Yup. It was a great match. The football from both teams at times was exquisite, but I think Bayern just edged it and deserved the win. Great effort from Dortmund, but not scoring when they were dominant in the first half hurt them, as Bayern surged in the second half. Congratulations to Bayern; their team this year has been the best I've seen in a long time (perfect balance of skill, strength, and efficiency).
                              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Czx
                                • Feb 2011

I was all for Borussia but Bayern did deserve it. I think Borussia is better as a team in the core meaning of it (they almost even all look like they are from the same mother) but Bayern haves better individualities, and it showed with Robben for example. And Borrusia lacks finishing ability and it showed and it hurt.
                                Btw. what Subotic did with that slide that essentially took the ball out of the goal was fucking amazing, the beauty of football at it's best.
                                néant
                                Last.FM paranoia
                                Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                                0 > ∞

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡