• Show
Clear All
    • Mar 2009

I'm highly disappointed by him...

Comment

• andrewislasorad
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
      Definitely a step backwards, especially after the amazing F/W '09 collection.
      certainly there is an evolution and adaptation from FW09, i like that he is also progressing his look forward without abandoning his prior work [at least as a customer especially]

I agree that excessive drkshdw jean use is not my favorite, but I like how was able to work back the pieces of the chunky heavy silhouette of fw09 into something that is actually suited for summer weather. the pants/kilts hiked up into shorts, knits into sleeveless tees, coats and leather into vests and jean...

edit- maybe it's just the proportions this season that just are not as successful compared to last season...

some looks i liked:

Last edited by andrewislasorad; 06-26-2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• homi
        • Nov 2007

this is just too geometric in my opinion it just looks forced , i never liked rick for the futurist angle
        THIRD LOOKS : http://www.thirdlooks.com
        Internet Fame http://www.internet-fame.com

Comment

• metin
          • Dec 2008

Not his best work by any stretch, but compared to other spring seasons, definitely not the worst. If anything, most members on here were just so thoroughly impressed with F/W '09 that this doesn't seem as well thought-out. I think the simpler, sleeker looks are much better. For all I know, the chunkier, more geometric pieces actually look good but are just styled poorly. But those dinosaur boots are just a no-go for me. :|

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
            certainly there is an evolution and adaptation from FW09, i like that he is also progressing his look forward without abandoning his prior work [at least as a customer especially]

I agree that excessive drkshdw jean use is not my favorite, but I like how was able to work back the pieces of the chunky heavy silhouette of fw09 into something that is actually suited for summer weather. the pants/kilts hiked up into shorts, knits into sleeveless tees, coats and leather into vests and jean...

edit- maybe it's just the proportions this season that just are not as successful compared to last season...
            of course there were some looks that I liked as well, but I really fail to see any progression here, except in the size of the footwear!

Comment

• fightattack
              • Mar 2009

vogue co uk is broken on safari, ugly site anyway

better link:

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-week/mens...012?city=paris

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

I think some of the sweaters are on par with the appalling Strutter Sweater with the logo on it, not a fan of the denim and overall this ain't anywhere near Crust, but I didn't like Strutter either and now own tons of pieces from it. When you see it in the stores, you will want it. Even the boots. Mark my words. [End inner monologue]
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                  of course there were some looks that I liked as well, but I really fail to see any progression here, except in the size of the footwear!
                  maybe adaptation is a better word. But I still like the way he has taken the lines of the pants/kilts into the cut of some of the vests. He's also still playing with his new skirt-pants idea, new cuts and materials. It's early days and I'm sure it won't be the last time we see them...

I enjoy they way he breaks up the silhouette horizontally, creating a decent amount of complexity without too much clothes.

The colorblock stuff seems like a throwback to the moog [and earlier] days, not sure if I really like it for myself so much.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Hmm, on closer inspection I can see quite a few things I will buy, but really what it's missing is the effortlessness of Crust, the feeling like it was all meant to be. Much of this feels forced, trying too hard, some of the sweaters and vests look positively like something out of Cyberdog. What happened to Brancusi? But definitely not all bad, loving the whole skirt thing he's got going, it's just not as stellar as I wanted it to be.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

mrbeuys and andrew are to RO as i am to sissyp
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                        Amen to that.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                          • Dec 2006

best piece imo was the leather vest. nice angled hem and it seemed the center section protruded out the back a bit.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                            Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                            Amen to that.
                            I think your right..

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
                              best piece imo was the leather vest. nice angled hem and it seemed the center section protruded out the back a bit.
                              This one correct? It's def my favorite as well Would love to see some better photos of it especially the back and collar details

...I really loved the leather vest with a similar theme, silk drapy back, he did for strutter, but maybe i'll wait for this one, even more dramatic..

Comment

• move_ment
                                • Feb 2009

scoute coming through withb the goods as always, thanks m_l:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎