Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comme des Garçons Homme Plus s/s 10 Paris.

Default Comme des Garçons Homme Plus s/s 10 Paris.

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Faust, can you change the year!
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

The emphasis on pockets, ties and bow ties, and the footwear
    really let this down. But not bad at all, looking in.
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Quote Originally Posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
    Faust, can you change the year!
    yes, can i make it 100 years back so we pretend this collection never happened? oh well, at least she has her perfumes.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Thanks for posting B-I. I find this a pretty classic cdg collection in many ways - many of the technicques and applications have been done before (the patchwork looks, the borders on the jackets, the polyester, the teddy boy shoes) - but I like the lightness of it. it's nice to have a bit of colour, although this is perhaps more than a "bit"! There will be wearable things in here for sure. Some of the jackets with less applique (just on the seams at the back) are very nice. The knitwear looks very good, and could be toned down with other plainer clothes. The stuck on ties and stuff are a bit fashion student-y to me, not appealing. Same with the dangly bits from the jackets.

I attended this show, some random observations for what it's worth. The models looked stupidly young. This becomes so much more apparent in real life than in pictures for some reason. It's really ridiculous. If there is a market for these clothes it's certainly not 15 year old boys. Plus they used that Cave twat. He really is an arse, as well as a twat. He had some kind of Michael Jackson tribute on his arm. How cool. It's still a much bigger deal than Junya's show, in terms of attendees (number and profile). Usher was there. (He looked confused.) But no Kanye! French Fashion Boy was there with some of his crew. What a strange looking young man. The man from Atelier was there, also looking a bit confused. He's going to struggle with his order I would imagine.

wow that's tacky. How much worse can SS get?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    what's tacky?
    bow ties, patch pockets, some of the colours on offer. And the feel of things in the store (DSM) - at times is like an amateur college work in terms of design, but professionally sewn together with nice fabrics.

I mean, look at it and tell me honestly if that gels with your idea of high fashion:

Thanks for posting B-I. I find this a pretty classic cdg collection in many ways - many of the technicques and applications have been done before (the patchwork looks, the borders on the jackets, the polyester, the teddy boy shoes) - but I like the lightness of it. it's nice to have a bit of colour, although this is perhaps more than a "bit"! There will be wearable things in here for sure. Some of the jackets with less applique (just on the seams at the back) are very nice. The knitwear looks very good, and could be toned down with other plainer clothes. The stuck on ties and stuff are a bit fashion student-y to me, not appealing. Same with the dangly bits from the jackets.

I attended this show, some random observations for what it's worth. The models looked stupidly young. This becomes so much more apparent in real life than in pictures for some reason. It's really ridiculous. If there is a market for these clothes it's certainly not 15 year old boys. Plus they used that Cave twat. He really is an arse, as well as a twat. He had some kind of Michael Jackson tribute on his arm. How cool. It's still a much bigger deal than Junya's show, in terms of attendees (number and profile). Usher was there. (He looked confused.) But no Kanye! French Fashion Boy was there with some of his crew. What a strange looking young man. The man from Atelier was there, also looking a bit confused. He's going to struggle with his order I would imagine.
    Was hoping for a repeat success of her last womens show where she did pull the rabbitt out of the hat.
    Can no one string together both a decent winter and summer this year ?

Yes, I don't like the ties etc as I mentioned. I like other aspects of it though. It's definitely bad taste, another cdg concept used many times before. Most people won't like it at all, of course.

What's "high fashion"?

ps. if you think that's tacky, how would one describe the first look in the Romain Kremer vid?
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-29-2009 at 07:05 AM.

There is always EVERGREEN.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Yes, I don't like the ties etc as I mentioned. I like other aspects of it though. It's definitely bad taste, another cdg concept used many times before. Most people won't like it at all, of course.

What's "high fashion"?

ps. if you think that's tacky, how would one describe the first look in the Romain Kremer vid?
    Funny, and I got the feeling that you were disagreeing with me. And come on, we all know what a high fashion is, or at least what is commonly thought it is.

To answer your ps: I think the first look in that vid could be called "wanna-be-conceptual".