Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comme des Garçons Homme Plus s/s 10 Paris.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eat me
    • May 2009

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    what's tacky?
    bow ties, patch pockets, some of the colours on offer. And the feel of things in the store (DSM) - at times is like an amateur college work in terms of design, but professionally sewn together with nice fabrics.

I mean, look at it and tell me honestly if that gels with your idea of high fashion:

Comment

• pipcleo
      • Jan 2007

Thanks for posting B-I. I find this a pretty classic cdg collection in many ways - many of the technicques and applications have been done before (the patchwork looks, the borders on the jackets, the polyester, the teddy boy shoes) - but I like the lightness of it. it's nice to have a bit of colour, although this is perhaps more than a "bit"! There will be wearable things in here for sure. Some of the jackets with less applique (just on the seams at the back) are very nice. The knitwear looks very good, and could be toned down with other plainer clothes. The stuck on ties and stuff are a bit fashion student-y to me, not appealing. Same with the dangly bits from the jackets.

I attended this show, some random observations for what it's worth. The models looked stupidly young. This becomes so much more apparent in real life than in pictures for some reason. It's really ridiculous. If there is a market for these clothes it's certainly not 15 year old boys. Plus they used that Cave twat. He really is an arse, as well as a twat. He had some kind of Michael Jackson tribute on his arm. How cool. It's still a much bigger deal than Junya's show, in terms of attendees (number and profile). Usher was there. (He looked confused.) But no Kanye! French Fashion Boy was there with some of his crew. What a strange looking young man. The man from Atelier was there, also looking a bit confused. He's going to struggle with his order I would imagine.
      Was hoping for a repeat success of her last womens show where she did pull the rabbitt out of the hat.
      Can no one string together both a decent winter and summer this year ?

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

Yes, I don't like the ties etc as I mentioned. I like other aspects of it though. It's definitely bad taste, another cdg concept used many times before. Most people won't like it at all, of course.

What's "high fashion"?

ps. if you think that's tacky, how would one describe the first look in the Romain Kremer vid?
        Last edited by Johnny; 06-29-2009, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Thanks for posting B-I. I find this a pretty classic cdg collection in many ways - many of the technicques and applications have been done before (the patchwork looks, the borders on the jackets, the polyester, the teddy boy shoes) - but I like the lightness of it. it's nice to have a bit of colour, although this is perhaps more than a "bit"! There will be wearable things in here for sure. Some of the jackets with less applique (just on the seams at the back) are very nice. The knitwear looks very good, and could be toned down with other plainer clothes. The stuck on ties and stuff are a bit fashion student-y to me, not appealing. Same with the dangly bits from the jackets.

I attended this show, some random observations for what it's worth. The models looked stupidly young. This becomes so much more apparent in real life than in pictures for some reason. It's really ridiculous. If there is a market for these clothes it's certainly not 15 year old boys. Plus they used that Cave twat. He really is an arse, as well as a twat. He had some kind of Michael Jackson tribute on his arm. How cool. It's still a much bigger deal than Junya's show, in terms of attendees (number and profile). Usher was there. (He looked confused.) But no Kanye! French Fashion Boy was there with some of his crew. What a strange looking young man. The man from Atelier was there, also looking a bit confused. He's going to struggle with his order I would imagine.
          There is always EVERGREEN.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eat me
            • May 2009

Yes, I don't like the ties etc as I mentioned. I like other aspects of it though. It's definitely bad taste, another cdg concept used many times before. Most people won't like it at all, of course.

What's "high fashion"?

ps. if you think that's tacky, how would one describe the first look in the Romain Kremer vid?
            Funny, and I got the feeling that you were disagreeing with me. And come on, we all know what a high fashion is, or at least what is commonly thought it is.

To answer your ps: I think the first look in that vid could be called "wanna-be-conceptual".

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

or tacky

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

Haha, this made me giggle. Next season we should attend together..
                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

thanks for the report, johnny.

I thought this was lovely, one of the strongest CDG H+ in some time, even if it's just a remix of classic comme.

Also, is it just me or are we seeing a general return of color to the runway? It's done very masterfully here, imo....not so easy to combine colors/patterns/textures the way that Rei does.

edit: faust, can you change the date to s/s 10, please>
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
                    Fashion afterall is just a joke. What most people on SZ want is engineered clothes...by this i mean clothes that have gone through a cutting edge process. What i mean is that we all like beautiful clothes, not fashion.

although i do like some of the more sober/somber outfits above
                    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

I confess I didn't follow ndf's comment. The refence to "cutting edge process" seems a bit off and elitist. And of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've said this before but the attempts to divorce "us" from fashion (or at least the impulses that might drive an interest in fashion), on a website such as this, doesn't convince. I see that there is already a pair of the spiral jeans up for sale in the classifieds.......

Comment

• jcotteri
                        • Jun 2008

Jethro Lazenby Cave

i don't like those ties one single bit!!!!!!!nor the bo-ties, but i'm sure there will be Japanese queuing outside the store for this!
                        WTB: This

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎