Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

Then your standards are higher than mine. SS10 is supposed to be better than FW09, and to my eyes FW09 quality level is already on a par with RO for instance (see the tees).
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Sion View Post
      When I met with Damir here in sthlm he told me the he was gonna introduce a womans line in the aw10 collection. Really looking forward to see how it comes out, this might be a sneak peek of how its gonna look.
      Other than his basics, DD really doesn't really do much for me. However, I imagine a women's line would come together very well.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ This season, F/W 09 is ace (except the knotted tops, which are rather strange). Two of his pieces are on top of my hit list. I am not sure about SS 10 though. Time will tell when it starts landing in stores. I'll reserve further judgment until then (although I did not like it on the runway either).
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Silk
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kavaj View Post
          Yes I have seen the whole SS10 and felt it and worn it
          pics or it didn't happen

Seriously though, why so much hate just because of a bad picture on some yoox manequins? I agree that the installation could have been presented more creatively(at least from the 2 pictures I see), but it makes the clothing more approachable than if it were being worn by real models. If you seen/felt this in real life you would know that the quality is top notch. If you wore it and have this reaction, then maybe it just isn't for you or doesn't fit your look/aesthetic.

Comment

• croatoan
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by BSR View Post
            Have you ever seen a DD garment IRL?
            I feel pretty much the same way as kavaj and came to this conclusion only after seeing the stuff in person...

I saw the showroom pictures posted earlier in the thread and thought some of the fabrics at least looked interesting. Later being able to see it firsthand, though, I was very disappointed.

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

Quality discussions aren't really my cup of tea but as far as i can compare doma stuff to other brands i'm used to, it is easily on a par with RO or BBS as i've already said. Obviously if your own standards are CCP and MA+ and nothing less...but keep in mind DD's prices.

A far more interesting topic is the uniqueness and novelty of cuts. And I was not completely sold to his work until this year. It seems to me that he has progressively built and strengthened a true signature, 'Bedouin-in-a-boudoir' or call it the way you want. I like the way he succeeds in conveying a melancholic majesty in his long and loose layers of drapes and his deep muted colors. Note that two of the key style elements that most people here tend to value, namely drapiness and layering, are thus revisited by the way DD uses them (no true ninja here...)
              pix

Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

I might've said this already, but for me the current fw09 collection is by far better than the upcoming one, so many more wearable pieces, more define cuts etc. the past ss was very good as well, but the current one is his best one in my book.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ Yep. Want two pieces myself. Wait, didn't I just say that on the last page?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    /\ Yep. Want two pieces myself. Wait, didn't I just say that on the last page?
                    you did actually... rather tell us who are these 2 Chosen Ones!
                    pix

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I'll do it in the FW09 thread.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                        I feel pretty much the same way as kavaj and came to this conclusion only after seeing the stuff in person...

I saw the showroom pictures posted earlier in the thread and thought some of the fabrics at least looked interesting. Later being able to see it firsthand, though, I was very disappointed.
                        Croatoan, as far as I know, you're in the clothes business (and maybe Kawaj as well). Would you mind explicate your opinion (which fabrics and why ?), since I'd like to understand the profesionnal point of view.

Comment

• croatoan
                          • Jul 2007

I honestly don't remember enough of it to give a very in-depth review or anything of that sort (which could also speak about how forgettable I found it all.) The basic fabrics gave me a "sure, whatever" feeling, as did the cuts and most of the styling possibilities. Looking through everything piece-by-piece, there just wasn't a single thing that made my thoughts go anywhere beyond "sure, whatever."

The more interesting fabrics, though, which you highlighted earlier in the thread seemed to me overdone and the whole thing looked like some sad Milan avant-garde attempt. The thicker oversized coats I felt were just too much and ended up looking not unlike the foamy Raf Simons monstrosities from the current season.

In the runway show I did think the sandals looked pretty cool but, seeing and holding them left me very disappointed. The silhouette was much more clunky in person and the materials felt awful.

I seem to remember there being some cool bags, but that was about it.

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

i saw this installation, and it was the worst installation i had ever seen of his work, and i'm a fan...and boy, they sure could have had better djs, those girls drove a nail into my head.
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

i asked myself the same question, i thought it was promoting a new woman's line but it looked like it was the s/s collection instead.
                              it was a fail, whatever it was.
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎