X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinoy
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Chant View Post
    ^ I agree, a true DD atmosphere again with this show (which Ann D's, with this white spiritless room, was lacking of imo), a very cohesive work and presentation, some cuts are followed, some new, slightly different, appear, and overall I got the confirmation of what I thought and said many times : DD is one of the most interesting designer in terms of colours.

Chant– you totally hit the nail on its head! Very cohesive presentation and the colors used (esp in the photo above) are very interesting and complex.

I'm sure everyone here agrees its pretty damn hard to get spring/summer collections right and Damir did an exceptional job.

One question though– does anyone have any idea what material this jacket is made from?

Comment

• diamonds
      • Dec 2006

cobwebs

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

Beautiful collection. A great continuation from an oustanding aw collection,and much stronger than the current ss offering.
        The use of reds was a brave and succesful move.
        As he is known for his use of neutral earthy tones and obligatory black.The reds where a welcome suprise and added some more depth to the collection. The fabrics,as always look fantastic,i cant wait to get my big grubby hands on some!
        Over all,one of the strongest and coherent collections of the season imo.
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by merz
          strongest collection of s/s 10 so far.
          by far.

boots are rather boss, as are the densely-textured fabrics that manage lightness without appearing flimsy.
          indeed they are! And there is no need to ponder wether to put rubber soles on them on not,because he has made that descision for us!
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Vikeid
            • Feb 2009

easy the best show. everything looks great and i especially love the coats. anyone know if he still have these strange pull on his boots? if not, i may consider his footwear.

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Vikeid View Post
              easy the best show. everything looks great and i especially love the coats. anyone know if he still have these strange pull on his boots? if not, i may consider his footwear.
              Do you know that humankind has invented the scissors ?

Comment

• Vikeid
                • Feb 2009

well, i know that humankind has invented the art of making boots. and thats not how you're supposed to do.

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

well, i know that humankind has invented the art of making boots. and thats not how you're supposed to do.
                  And this is the point where fashion starts.

Comment

• Vikeid
                    • Feb 2009

heh, you're right there. but i have the opinion that details should never be just a "detail". they should have some kind of function.

i know were only talking about a little pull on a boot lol, it's no big deal. but i just find they so unbelievable stupid looking there on the ground when you trample them to oblivion.

Comment

• orphée
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Canaduh0415 View Post
                      Love the infusion of the blood red, those trousers are a real triumph for me personally....
                      The ones with the exaggerated pockets/drapey hips? Luscious shape.

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

He is evolving quickly--what an amazing use of color and texture, and the shapes are also getting stronger. This reminds me a lot of Matthew Ames, actually....i can just picture it in the pages of Encens.
                        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Am I the only one who dislikes this? I am sure it will be different in the showroom, but the show was a complete yawn.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                            ¤¤¤
                            • Sep 2006

What do you dislike about it, Faust?

I really enjoyed this, great interplay of fabrics, colors and textures while further exploring the Damir world. I wasn't so sure of Damir the first few seasons, but I am slowly becoming enamored with his clothes.

Loved this look, the unstructured dropped shoulders, slight asymmetrical opening, long body and rolled sleeves, almost looks like Japanese fisherman. Now if only he'd start thinking about his smaller customers..

The pants with voluminous side pockets are also great.
                            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Sombre
                              • Jan 2009

heh, you're right there. but i have the opinion that details should never be just a "detail". they should have some kind of function.
                              Like epaulets. Wait...no...D-rings - no...the second row of buttons on a DB coat...the perforations of wingtip shoes. No? Damn.
                              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Am I the only one who dislikes this? I am sure it will be different in the showroom, but the show was a complete yawn.
                                DD isn't a style of clothing i can much relate to on a personal level, but I found this presentation to be a pretty assured statement of the designer's vision.
                                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎