Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AVerdantShore
    • Jan 2011

Geoffrey--this is my first and perhaps last post on SZ. I don't often contribute to conversation and prefer to take a back seat. I run a small brand that sells at Fred Segals and through a Milan based showroom, which production done by Helmut Lang. I've become increasingly embittered with reality and fashion in itself. My mother was the first woman to start an organic foods store in Maine and it has long been a part of my consciousness and I'm really happy to see you moving in this direction. I've been sheltering myself from the world and living in my own head lately, because it's a painful and almost mirage-like vision to cope with. I can't say I'm necessarily proud of such, but it's crippling when you don't have the means to assuage the damages done. All I want to say is thank you, thank you and thank you for this last collection. It truly makes my heart swell with admiration.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ Well, you are on SZ now, no need to live in your head any longer.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by AVerdantShore View Post
        Geoffrey--this is my first and perhaps last post on SZ. I don't often contribute to conversation and prefer to take a back seat. I run a small brand that sells at Fred Segals and through a Milan based showroom, which production done by Helmut Lang. I've become increasingly embittered with reality and fashion in itself. My mother was the first woman to start an organic foods store in Maine and it has long been a part of my consciousness and I'm really happy to see you moving in this direction. I've been sheltering myself from the world and living in my own head lately, because it's a painful and almost mirage-like vision to cope with. I can't say I'm necessarily proud of such, but it's crippling when you don't have the means to assuage the damages done. All I want to say is thank you, thank you and thank you for this last collection. It truly makes my heart swell with admiration.
        life is for the valiant, those who are willing to fight for what they believe in against all odds...........those who find sound principles and refuse to compromise them...................for those who would impose the order of Light on the darkness of Chaos...........
        It may not be possible for a single individual to do it, but hopefully if you have the will to fight long enough for others to catch your vision and get a double portion of your Spirit the fight will go on.........
        I don't live because I have life, I have life because I live to be great.......

there is great value in continuing to "pound the rock" hopefully you can find the will to go out and dominate
        ā€œYou know,ā€ he says, with a resilient smile, ā€œit is a hard world for poets.ā€
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by AVerdantShore View Post
          I've become increasingly embittered with reality and fashion in itself.
          wow, truly sig-worthy
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

for real, AKA? it does sound like a very real and human statement coming from the heart.

That poster on the last page with the beached statue of liberty on it is like the light that flickers on ...
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

i have no doubt that it's an authentic cri de coeur. that's exactly why i found it noteworthy.
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                • Nov 2007

THE SHOT HEARD 'ROUND THE WORLD:

THE SHOT HEARD 'ROUND THE WORLD:

ITALY VOTES AND BANS NUCLEAR POWER ONCE AGAIN, AND LEADS THE WORLD TOWARDS A NEW FUTURE OF HOPE. "CHERNOBYL AND FUKUSHIMA WILL NOT HAPPEN HERE, AND WE WILL WORK WITH EVERYONE IN THE WORLD TO STOP THE MONSTER WHEREVER IT LAYS IT'S UGLY HEAD."

VIVA L'ITALIA...

WHILE news headlines in nuclearized countries around the world tout the possible demise of Silvio Berlusconi, the real story in yesterday's Italian Referendum is about the defeat of nuclear power by a totally home-grown grass-roots citizen's movement. Inspite of near totalitarian rule, total mass-media censorship, legal manoeuvres, and every trick and obstacle imaginable down to the very last minute, the Italian people have overcome it all and delivered a whopping defeat to the global nuclear renaissance and the now crippled Italian government that supported it.

The return to nuclear power and the construction of up to 15 new and untested Areva EPR and Westinghouse AP1000 reactors and their consequential nuclear waste depositories to be located from Venice to Sicily has been literally made illegal in Italy as voted by law today in the historic June 12-13, 2011 Referendum.

With the required quorum achieved and over 55.75% of the electorate participating, the vote is now legally binding with 61,579 department sections of 61.599 reporting so far.

A landslide against nuclear power

A mind-blowing 94.37% of the voters voted "Yes to Stop nuclear power in Italy."

In one full and decisive swoop, Italy has once again become nuclear-free, and has returned to the world stage as a leader in the fast growing movement to stop nuclear power and commit instead to renewable energy production and technologies.

With Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, and Greece now in a new pan-european no-nuclear club, plans are already underway to increase continent-wide pressure on the world's 2nd largest nuclearized state- France, to shut down its 54 high-risk aging and accident prone-plants, where already 77% of the population wants to get out of nuclear power.

The movement also is preparing to address the world's number one nuclear power, the United States, where recent polls indicate over 70% of the population fear a major nuclear accident will occur in at least one of its 104 aging plants, and over 54% do not want to fund any more new plant construction with public money.

Today, as highly radioactive emissions still race totally out of control at Fukushima Dai-Ichi in Japan, for many, the pressure is on to shut down all the 162 reactors before the next Fukushima-style disasters risk taking place in either one of the two countries. Disasters that could place either Europe, North America, or both, at unthinkable risks.

Earth to Obama and Sarkozy, can you hear this?

.c. 2011.Geoffrey B. Small Fashion Against Nuclear

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                  • Nov 2007

not in vain

Fashion Against Nuclear: Not in vain.

The Logomania special Art installation at the 54th Venice Art Biennale

As part of our ongoing commitment and active participation in the Italian anti-nuclear movement that successfully stopped nuclear power in Italy yesterday in the historic referendum, the Logomania special Art installation at the 54th Venice Art Biennale "This is not a flower...Chernobyl. Fukushima. Venezia?" drew thousands of visitors from the international art world as well as the Italian public during the opening of the world's first and longest running international contemporary art exhibition, La Biennale di Venezia. Read the article in Purple by Olivier Zahm in Paris here... http://purple.fr/diary/entry/save-ve...-biennale-2011

Last edited by Geoffrey B. Small; 09-11-2014, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                    • Nov 2007

Last edited by Geoffrey B. Small; 09-11-2014, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

I'll be there,
                      and we'll have a ball again this time

blessings
                      ZB
                      ā€œYou know,ā€ he says, with a resilient smile, ā€œit is a hard world for poets.ā€
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                        • Nov 2007

A lively and sometimes tough new interview is just out now in SEBASTIAN, a new biannual
                        fashion/art magazine published by Hostem in London. http://www.sebastianmagazine.com/

Last edited by Geoffrey B. Small; 09-11-2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• clay
                          • Sep 2006

My man!!!! Great interview! No B.S. from G.B.S. Congrats to you and Italy!!

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                            • Nov 2007

thanks Clay!

Dear Clay,

Thanks so much as always, great to hear from you. And thanks for your congrats on Italy. Now we turn our eyes and our work to France and the almighty USA...starting with the most dangerous machine in America, the aging, poorly regulated, increasingly high-risk Indian Point nuclear power plant which puts over 20 million people in and around New York City at permanent risk of a Fukushima-level nuclear catastrophe. It sits right on an earthquake fault-line which is rated one of the highest seismic risks of any nuclear plant in United States and does not even have a sufficient evacuation or emergency plan for the population in sight. Just think about the nightmare possibilities of having to evacuate 20 million people from the greater NYC metro area in the case of a major nuclear disaster. As Fukushima continues to be covered-up, populations everywhere are being placed at more and more risk of yes, even more nuclear accidents all over the world. That's why they are covering it up. Out of sight, and out of mind. But the real and true danger does not go away. It is still there, like Indian Point, a sword of Damocles hanging right over New York City waiting to drop. I ask everyone in New York and every member of SZ to inform themselves and get behind Governor Cuomo of New York and the hundreds of community groups and organizations to shut down Indian Point now, before it is too late...

Begin here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tkpq...ature=youtu.be

and here

Thanks for your kind message, attention and action.

Best wishes,

Geoffrey

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                              • Nov 2007

Spring/Summer 2012 Paris women's collection presentation

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                                • Nov 2007

GBS interview in Masterpiece

Out Now : our February 2011 interview in Masterpiece

I would like to thank our friends at Masterpiece for including our
                                interview in their new publication now out called Masterpiece.

Masterpiece is a new project by Antonio Macarro and Gorka Sorozabal.
                                They propose a journey through fashion and its language built around
                                various interviews via Skype that took place from March 2010 to
                                February 2011, featuring conversations with Bless, Mark Eley, Linda
                                Loppa, Tim Hamilton, Rosa Orrantia, Walter van Beirendonck, Gaspard
                                Yurkievich, and many moreā€¦ 19,5 x 25 cm 264 pages B/w English
                                Softcover Published by Masterpiece. The book is available for purchase
                                worldwide including here at Colette in Paris.

Here below, excerpts from the interview...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎