X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Geoffrey,

I think you might appreciate this journalist's site. It is often unpleasant though. http://www.zoriah.com/

I want to thank you for the coat I am wearing. It's the black wool overcoat from Sartorialoft. It has been my armor this winter in Illinois.

-jeff
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• galia
      • Jun 2009

I could have written exactly the same thing as Faust, but my words hold less value here, so yeah. ditto I guess. I felt really priviledged

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I will join the choir, Geoffrey is one of the nicest guys I've met and every time I've talked with him I feel like I'm learning something. the man has incredible insight from the industry and world of fashion, which he proved once again with our conversations over after hours ramen
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

I had the pleasure of meeting Geoffrey and inspecting his work for the first time in person.

I was deeply moved. I have not been so touched by the tactile experience of a garment since the very first time I experienced Yohji Yamamoto. Geoffrey is clearly a passionate, hard-working individual and this shines through his work.

Geoffrey, thank you for showing me that there is hope somewhere in the 'system' of fashion.
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
            • Nov 2007

I will try to help you decide...

Originally posted by huckleberry View Post
            Always love your posts, this did remind me of this video...

I am undecided on nuclear power, I see the necessity in our current situation in regards to resources and global warming however the detrimental effects of waste and high risk are quite overwelming.My very simple conclusion on it is that for now it is so depended upon that it seems hard to stop it, however it is clear that it is only a temporary solution.
            Dear Huckleberry, I will try to help you decide....
            thanks very much for your post and video from Cambridge Ideas, I have given the video a very thorough review, and I just don't buy their numbers. Fundamentally, they do not address consumption behaviour and conservation nearly enough for me-- beginning with their use of 40 watt lightbulbs for their demonstration. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to be using that kind of lightbulb anymore for anything, and the very fact that they did so without any mention of the new low consumption bulbs immediately makes me think they are working for, or funded by, the energy industry interests. I changed all of our lightbulbs to low wattage fluorescents in all our residential and work spaces here in Italy in 2008 and in one month saw my electric bills go down by more than half. Just by changing the lightbulbs. Old 100watt lightbulbs can now be cheaply replaced by new ones that use 11 watts for equivalent light. That's almost a 10-fold reduction in energy consumption and need. The nuclear and electrical grid energy industries want you to believe that you really need them and you need more and more power so you must accept a temporary solution now like nuclear. But nuclear is not a temporary solution in any sense of the word. Once you startup a nuclear reactor it takes forever to shut it down and even longer to get rid of it, including the waste which starting with plutonium has a half life of 250,000 years.

Given all the costs and perils nuclear presents to me, my family and the next 6000 generations of my race, frankly, I don't think I need all that electricity, thanks. In fact, if you really look into it--these companies plan to sell most of the electricity on the new unregulated energy markets to other utilities in other countries much more than furnish you with the electricity you actually need.

In any case, if I had to choose between Leukemia and even life by candlelight at night for the rest of my life, you know what, I 'd go for the candles in a second (ever talk to someone dying of leukemia? pretty nasty way to go--especially if you are a kid--the most likely to get it if you live near a nuclear powerstation).

Meanwhile, if you are in the UK I hope you're not living or driving near Sellafield or Cambria last week...
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8470800.stm
            better drive carefully, that ain't no milktruck you might be following...
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8469249.stm

Or better yet, how do you feel about this one?
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8472771.stm
            yeah...world nuclear party. everyone's invited. Rock on.

The fundamental problem is this:
            80 percent of the world's resources
            are controlled and being used up
            by 20 percent of the world's population.

Our totally rampant and unchecked consumption at all levels is at the core of the world's problems. We don't need more energy at our disposal, we need to waste less, conserve more, and actually begin to live much better for ourselves, and among our brethren, as a result. Fashion is the same and mirrors the situation. But nuclear is far more dangerous for all of us.

There is simply no margin for error.

Please think it over Huckleberry, before it's too late.
            Thanks again for your post and best wishes, Geoffrey

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
              • Nov 2007

...Meanwhile, back from Paris and would like to thank all the SZ'ers up there who I had the great pleasure to meet and talk to, including many first-timers as well as those I already know from previous meetings. I have just sent a special collection of pieces to IF in New York, and am thinking about writing up a little piece on the new work with some photos, if anyone is interested please let me know. If not, that's cool as we have our hands full here with more production, deliveries and the new women's collection for AW2010-11 to put together by the end of the month. Thanks as always
              Best wishes, Geoffrey

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I meant to ask you if you still collaborate with IF. Glad that it's going well.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stretcheroo
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Geoffrey B. Small View Post
                  ... I have just sent a special collection of pieces to IF in New York, and am thinking about writing up a little piece on the new work with some photos, if anyone is interested please let me know.
                  Totally interested. In both the photos of the new work and even more in your thinking about it.

Comment

• V-J
                    • Oct 2009

^ im interested in seeing collection as well!

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                      • Nov 2007

working on it

OK thanks, working on it, and yes Faust, my relationship with Jeannette and Soha at IF in New York goes way back to 1993 when they were one of the very first stores in the world to carry our then brand-new recycle design work, and am very thankful to them and their clientele to still have a chance to work together with them today in a very special way. This season, they will be the only exclusive point in North America with our work including quite a few world exclusive pieces, more soon...
                      Best wishes, Geoffrey

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                        • Nov 2007

Part 1 of 4

Last edited by Geoffrey B. Small; 09-11-2014, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                          • Nov 2007

part 2 of 4

Last edited by Geoffrey B. Small; 09-11-2014, 04:28 AM.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                            • Nov 2007

part 3 of 4

Last edited by Geoffrey B. Small; 09-11-2014, 04:30 AM.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                              • Nov 2007

Last edited by Geoffrey B. Small; 09-11-2014, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                                • Nov 2007

part 4 of 4

thank you for viewing.

If you are in New York, please drop by the store, check out the pieces in person, and let me know how they work.

Best wishes to all, Geoffrey
                                Last edited by Geoffrey B. Small; 09-11-2014, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎