Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Geoffrey B. Small

Default cashmere longcoat

Here's some photos of the long coat I acquired. Will post in WAYWT once we get out of this hot spell.

Default Thank you & Japan annual tour

Thank you so much doldrums, cremaster and DmD.

It is very inspiring on my part to hear from you each. Helps keep me
    going when things get tough and they do quite often enough. Thanks
    very, very much. And DmD, please keep me posted on how your piece works.

Japan 2010 annual tour

Now I am in Japan for my annual tour of shops who carry our special
    works here, and hope to meet some more of our customers and SZ
    readers while I am here in this beautiful country. This is the
    seventeenth time I have come to Japan since my first visit here in
    1995, and each time I come, I am reminded of its special beauty,
    culture and people- and of the many great friends and memories I have
    been so fortunate enough to have had during my visits here. The time
    is always short and the schedules too tight, but I am happy to be here
    once again, so here we go...I will be at the new MinorityRev Tokyo
    shop in Ginza on the 14th Tuesday and at their Fukuoka store at Hirao
    on the weekend of 18th and morning of 19th. Today and Wednesday, I
    will making stops in the Tokyo area at Journal Standard Ladies stores
    in Shibuya and Shinjuku; Johnbull Private Labo mens in Harajuku,
    Okura in Daikanyama, and AL Select in Kichijoji. Thursday and Friday I
    will be in the Kansai area of the country visiting Johnbull Private Labo
    and Journal Standard stores in Kyoto and Osaka (Shinsaibashi and
    Horie districts) with the evening of the 16th Thursday at the Johnbull
    home flagship store at Okayama in the famous denim region, with
    additional possible stops at Ageha in Kobe and Plaguesearch in
    Hiroshima (if time permits, please note these are not yet confirmed).

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Japan and getting a chance
    to discuss design one to one. If you are in Japan, please contact the
    above stores directly for exact times and info.

Thanks to all for your support, patronage, and readership.
    More later.

Best wishes,

Geoffrey

A Brief Note to
    say Thank You

Geoffrey B. Small on the Narita
    Express outside of Tokyo

A brief note to thank everyone in Japan for their
    wonderful kindness and hospitality during my visits
    throughout the country. How exciting to meet so many
    great partners, customers and supporters of our work.
    I will cherish many great memories of our times together.

And also, I would to thank everyone at StyleZeitgeist for a great 2010,
    and wish you all a wonderful holiday season and an even better 2011.

In the next few days, I will make a brief trip to London and plan
    to stop by and visit our friends at the marvelous new Hostem store in
    Shoreditch. If you are in London, please contact the store directly for
    exact times and info concerning my visit. Would be great to see you.

As always, thanks to all for your support,
    patronage, and readership. More later.

With Best wishes for very Happy Holidays to all,

Geoffrey

My friend its great to see you had a wonderful trip, and also thanks to you for all the shared experiences in 2010.
    Please set an open evening on your schedule for me as I am coming to have supper with you.

Blessings and much love
    ZB
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Default GBS Coat/Blazer

Very happy with this GBS Cashmere Coat. I'll post some fit pics in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post

Very happy with this GBS Cashmere Coat. I'll post some fit pics in a bit.
    Would love to see some fit pics.

Uh oh, it looks like I have a new obsession... This stuff is amazing, the nicest blazers I've seen in many a moon, EXACTLY what I've been looking for for years, except I didn't even know it! I must get down to Hostem to check it out in person (but I might leave my wallet at home when I do, just in case...)

Are there any photos of the Paris a/w presentation?

Sorry Cremaster, the presentation was open for view only for our authorized retail clients and absolutely closed to any outside photographers. No pics available beyond this point. Best wishes, Geoffrey

Default NOTICE JAPAN NUCLEAR SITUATION

NOTICE

Since Friday, we have been working flat out trying to monitor and provide up to date information on the nuclear situation at Fukushima Dai-Ichi and Fukushima Dai-Ni complexes very carefully to help our many friends, colleagues and customers in Japan and offering them our contact and information capabilities from outside Japan in cooperation with leading anti-nuclear and environmental organizations and experts around the world, and from our contacts and work in the global anti-nuclear movement.

Available information as well as a general lack of basic knowledge of the fundamental workings, risks and dangers of nuclear power plants and radiation contamination has been difficult to come by for many people caught in the situation, and we have converted our Facebook page: Geoffrey Small, to try to help people to keep informed as much as possible and address these concerns. So at this time, we would also like to offer concerned SZ readers in Japan or elsewhere access to our information page:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590539971

(note: we ask that any comments or posts be kept to an absolute minimum, and be strictly limited to immediate emergency relevance to the nuclear situation in Japan in order to keep the page focused on important events as they arise and quickly accessible and clear for people in Japan with urgent need for information access and limited power supply, or internet connection access, thank you)

We pray for the people working in the plants at Fukushima for their safety and their success to save the problems of the reactors, as well as all the victims of the earthquake and tsunami disasters and those who are now trying to help them.

thank you for your kind attention, Geoffrey

It is pretty awe-inspiring how oracular your collection's themes are in light of Japan's troubles.

I'm not sure how useful this might be, but my friend forwarded me an e-book on how to deal with radiation toxicity by Bill Bodri. Haven't read/vetted it yet, but I can forward it to you if you think it might be useful.

It was located here: http://www.radiationdetox.com/ebook/...tionDetox1.pdf before they ran out of bandwidth.

Thanks so much Icarium, yes if you can spare it, when you can, anything we can learn to help people deal with radiation would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, Geoffrey

Default Sport & Street article on Logomania

"

Dear Friends,

A VERY nice article on Logomania has just come out in the new issue (no.60)
    of Sport & Street magazine in Italy. We thank the editors Andrea Molavolti and Alessia
    Vignali at Sport & Street, and Guido Barbagelata (photos) for their kind support and coverage
    during this crucial time in Japan, Italy, and the world, in regards to nuclear power. And we
    remind everyone in Italy to "Vota Si` per Fermare il Nucleare" on 12 June in the national
    referendums to stop the government's plan to build up to 15 nuclear power plants in Italy
    by 2020. Sport & Street is published 4 times a year by Logos in Italy and is a leading
    industry publication on modern sport and streetwear. Please find a copy of the article below.
    I hope to post more about some of the pieces now arriving in our retail partner stores soon.

Thank you for reading.

Best wishes,

Geoffrey B. Small

FORMERLY NEW YORK SHITTY/CURRENTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS

Geoffrey--this is my first and perhaps last post on SZ. I don't often contribute to conversation and prefer to take a back seat. I run a small brand that sells at Fred Segals and through a Milan based showroom, which production done by Helmut Lang. I've become increasingly embittered with reality and fashion in itself. My mother was the first woman to start an organic foods store in Maine and it has long been a part of my consciousness and I'm really happy to see you moving in this direction. I've been sheltering myself from the world and living in my own head lately, because it's a painful and almost mirage-like vision to cope with. I can't say I'm necessarily proud of such, but it's crippling when you don't have the means to assuage the damages done. All I want to say is thank you, thank you and thank you for this last collection. It truly makes my heart swell with admiration.

/\ Well, you are on SZ now, no need to live in your head any longer.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by AVerdantShore View Post
    Geoffrey--this is my first and perhaps last post on SZ. I don't often contribute to conversation and prefer to take a back seat. I run a small brand that sells at Fred Segals and through a Milan based showroom, which production done by Helmut Lang. I've become increasingly embittered with reality and fashion in itself. My mother was the first woman to start an organic foods store in Maine and it has long been a part of my consciousness and I'm really happy to see you moving in this direction. I've been sheltering myself from the world and living in my own head lately, because it's a painful and almost mirage-like vision to cope with. I can't say I'm necessarily proud of such, but it's crippling when you don't have the means to assuage the damages done. All I want to say is thank you, thank you and thank you for this last collection. It truly makes my heart swell with admiration.
    life is for the valiant, those who are willing to fight for what they believe in against all odds...........those who find sound principles and refuse to compromise them...................for those who would impose the order of Light on the darkness of Chaos...........
    It may not be possible for a single individual to do it, but hopefully if you have the will to fight long enough for others to catch your vision and get a double portion of your Spirit the fight will go on.........
    I don't live because I have life, I have life because I live to be great.......

there is great value in continuing to "pound the rock" hopefully you can find the will to go out and dominate
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by AVerdantShore View Post
    I've become increasingly embittered with reality and fashion in itself.
    wow, truly sig-worthy

for real, AKA? it does sound like a very real and human statement coming from the heart.

That poster on the last page with the beached statue of liberty on it is like the light that flickers on ...
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs