X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by asho View Post
    the shoes seem nice, i see how they conceptually link to mr small's other work, but am at a loss as to how aesthetically it links.
    I have to agree with others on here in regards to the footwear.

The aesthetic of them doesn't fit with all the other pieces that Mr. Small has created for his line. The storyline and leather recycling (or upcycling as is en vogue these days) are very nice as with all of his works but the final product immediately reminds me of Converses/Keds.

I just can't picture wearing these shoes with the rest of the GBS look and without them being posted on here I would have been very surprised to know that they were GBS pieces.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• jcotteri
      • Jun 2008

perhaps these are not meant to be worn with other G. B. Small pieces? I think these look quite lovely and simple. It's not groundbreaking work but it's not meant to be as with all GBS it's based on a proven shape and design, thought perhaps this one hasn't been quite as forgotton. I can't really imagine wearing a sneaker with any of GBS's peices anyway. I don't mind them but I wouldn't buy them either .
      WTB: This

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

At least they'd go well with the GBS stuff you see on Yoox like graphic tees and hoodies.
        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Pipcleo may be dead, but his cause will live forever.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jcotteri
            • Jun 2008

??? (?)!
            WTB: This

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

referring to the breaks asshole of a post.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

Huh? I just said there's more to GBS than what you see in this thread. Because people were saying they don't look in line with this other work...
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Please, spare me your bullshit.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

Ok then, moving on. What's your personal take on the sneakers?
                    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I don't like sneakers, period - everyone knows this. That does not mean that I will tactlessly slam the work of a designer who contribute to this forum in meaningful ways. And I will tell you right now, openly, for everyone to read - if it comes down between losing someone like Geoffrey because such mindless jabs turn him off from posting or some troll like you, it will be the troll. You, and others like you, have been warned. I won't explain this again.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• I didn't read breaks post as condecending in any way. He/she was simply implying that GBS does not only make dressy garments.

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

I certainly didn't mean to take a jab at Mr. Small. Perhaps I worded my post badly? Here's a lengthier explanation of the point I was trying to make:

It would seem (based on what I have seen on Yoox) that at least at one point in his career, GBS designed clothing whose aesthetics are in line with sneakers in general and also these kind of "streetwear-ish" sneakers in particular.

Although it would also seem (based on what I have seen in this thread, the Pollyanna thread & website etc.) that he has since moved on to other things, the sneakers are not entirely out of touch with his past work.
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Fear the wrath
                            of the axe man
                            watch what you say,
                            he's in action
                            loose a leg, your fingers
                            or a whole hand
                            be warned
                            you'll get chopped to oblivion

no mercy for you
                            if you are tactless
                            the axe to your heart
                            will aim for your chest

if you want to live
                            please try your best
                            behave yourself wisely
                            and dont disrespect...............

I like the concept behind the sneakers, it would be interesting to see GBS use this concept on footwear that isnt sneakers,
                            I also like the sneakers somewhat, but I am sure they will be pricey, so the question would be, do I want this kind of sneakers at the price they will be...............
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

Woah, I really didn't see malice in The Breaks's post.
                              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• C'est Fini
                                • Sep 2009

We sure do have some poets in our midst. Back on topic.

As far as sneakers go, the product/design will be overshadowed by its pricetag. While I sympathise with the concept and the effort, I cant fathom why an item that will eventually stink after use is put through such an arduous process.

Especially the all black with the white laces.- If I didnt know they were GBS, i would have mistaken them for MMM replica.(artisanal). One cannot argue with me on that.

Perhaps they fit amazing and are extremely comfortable.

G- I like your cashmere coats- i guess im not your sneaker customer.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎