Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • (((o
    • May 2009

I'm always blown away by the detail in your description of the garments. It makes it much more living, if that makes any sense, it's not just pieces of fabric stitched together, but something more.

It would be really interesting to see some pictures from the actual making of something, of course with your comments to go with it. As you use quite special techniques when doing everything I think that many would enjoy seeing it.
    i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by patricks
      Very informative. Thanks for the info on this designer. I never even heard of him and it would seem that he has a portfolio of work that is quite worthy of notice, especially now when raw material costs are so high.
      Nice sig
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
        • Nov 2007

thanks

Thanks Faust, (((o, Chinorlz, and JoniF...and patricks too...don't worry patrick, you are not alone, most people have never heard of this designer either, glad to hear from you. Best wishes and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you stateside, Geoffrey

Comment

• Mail-Moth
          • Mar 2009

Hi Geoffrey,

This jacket looks simply amazing. This fabric - even if photographs are not enough to say everything, I find they tell a lot in this case. My only regret is not to be able to see the real thing, and god you can trust me I do regret it.
          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Monty76
            • Sep 2006

Love the shape of this jacket. It's the perfect length - shorter than the traditional coat but longer than the traditional jacket. I have it in a lightweight linen in light grey, would love a thicker weight, dark version like this, but the cashmere is a bit to extravagant for my wallet. It is perfect though.... thanks for sharing GBS!

Comment

• chatoyance
              • Jan 2010

A mixture of exquisite attention and awareness--your process is beauty, to me.

Comment

• DmD
                • Jul 2010

amazing work

Hi Geoffrey,

I saw your cashmere blazer and overcoat at Sartoria Loft yesterday and I was overwhelmed by both pieces. As other posters have said, the tactile pleasure of these fabrics is difficult to appreciate in photos. I fell in love with the pieces when I touched them, and once I put the overcoat on, I wasn't wasn't willing to take it off. I will enjoy the colder weather a little more this year.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                  • Nov 2007

Thanks so much Mail-Moth, Monty 76, Chatoyance and DmD for your kind comments. And DmD it appears you may have acquired one of our pieces from Sartorialoft? If so, thank you very much and please let me know how everything works, we remain with David at your disposition for any questions or assistance. Will post up shortly on the special Sartorialoft pieces. Thanks again to all of you. Best wishes, Geoffrey

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

maybe i am drawing unfair or short sighted parallels but with all the PH love as of late, where is there not more love for g b. small? I wish his work was easier to find.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                      • Nov 2007

GEOFFREY B. SMALL
                      exclusively for StyleZeitgeist

NEW WORKS:

Last edited by Geoffrey B. Small; 09-11-2014, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                        • Nov 2007

c.copyright 2010 Geoffrey B. Small. all rights reserved worldwide.
                        Last edited by Geoffrey B. Small; 09-11-2014, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• doldrums
                          • Dec 2008

absolutely beautiful stuff...hope I can experience these pieces at some point soon...

Comment

• cremaster
                            • Jan 2010

Geoffrey - a work of art!
                            Although your clothes speak for themselves I thoroughly enjoy reading the creative journey they take to bring them to fruition.
                            Thank you for sharing.

Comment

• DmD
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Geoffrey B. Small View Post

Thanks so much Mail-Moth, Monty 76, Chatoyance and DmD for your kind comments. And DmD it appears you may have acquired one of our pieces from Sartorialoft? If so, thank you very much and please let me know how everything works, we remain with David at your disposition for any questions or assistance. Will post up shortly on the special Sartorialoft pieces. Thanks again to all of you. Best wishes, Geoffrey

Geoffrey, that is correct. I acquired the long coat. I have to tell you how much I appreciate your attention to detail and fabric selection. This coat in particular has combined that attention to detail with a minimal, timeless design that really spoke to me.

Comment

• DmD
                                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by cremaster View Post
                                Geoffrey - a work of art!
                                Although your clothes speak for themselves I thoroughly enjoy reading the creative journey they take to bring them to fruition.
                                Thank you for sharing.
                                I agree completely. I have always enjoyed reading your contributions to this site, and the glimpses into your work that you share.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎