• Show
Clear All
  • (((o
    • May 2009

i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

Wow. Can't wait to see more, it's like PH without the elitism and overall badness. Also, I don't quite know why, but I love the models. Their energy is really different from what one usually sees in runway presentations.
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• cowsareforeating
        • Jan 2011

oh wow they cuts fit way better than the photos on hangers would suggest, that is some amazing styling. there is a sharpness to the old-world references that really makes it stand out

Comment

• kompressorkev
          • Dec 2006

looks fantastic thus far, would love to see some hi-res! is that talcum or a dying effect on the jackets?

Comment

• Czx
            • Feb 2011

Amazing. The garments look so gorgeous and the presentation combined with styling is just something else. I absolutely love it. Definitely brings out Geoffrey's inspirations. Can't wait to see more and hd photos.
            néant
            Last.FM paranoia
            Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
            0 > ∞

Comment

• Pumpfish
              • Sep 2010

Never tell me the backstory doesn't matter.

Knowing GBS's values and beliefs is essential.

Wonderful show.
              spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                Wow. Can't wait to see more, it's like PH without the elitism.
                Yeh? just wait for the prices on those badboys.
                just teasing.
                it looks very interesting indeed. i hope that the talc is talc, not dye, since if it is "compulsory" it might be a bit too much. the donkey jacket/jeans/tan shoes outfit looks spot on.

Comment

• Squeek
                  • Jun 2009

Love pretty much everything except the shoes in the last fit. They are definitely out of place. Ace.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

The dust is indeed talcum powder, or at least something like it, removable that is........
                    I was at the show, and have been to quite a number of them, and this is possibly the most moving I have even been to, started a little late and ran long but that was besides the point.
                    The show was about soul, humanity, the spirit of progress real values, believing in something truly within ones heart rather that just being someone of the surface......striving for an ideal

I was taken at least in my mind, to a time, when lawyers worked in the town square, and knew their neighbors , when they may have written letters in their own handwriting for people they know rather than for purely monies paid to them.
                    When doctors actually made home visits with lanterns, because they believed in service,
                    When a black man in America was struggling to find his identity in an environment unfriendly to him, without losing his soul and comported himself with class, intellect and dignity in order to be seen as a real human being.
                    When women were virtuous and worked hard alongside men with their hands in order to build families and stable homes for their children
                    When people sacrificed themselves and their lives for the common good of everyone, with the true spirit of community........to build a nation and break down barriers without thinking only about themselves at the expense of everyone else........when people "believed in the "IDEA OF AMERICA".
                    For me it wasn't just about the clothes It was about humanity, it was about heart, passion, and now coming together as human beings and sifting through the mess of a world we have created to restore dignity, fairness, progress and real values to our society before we all collapse under the weight of the mess of modern civilization and the greed of evil men who have developed schemes and tactics, that have manipulated the economy and the word for their own selfish gains without a care in the world for their fellowmen.......

I still remember in my head "this land is your land, this land is my land, from California to the New York Islands.......this land was made for you and me".......

reminded me why I left Jamaica and made NY my home....
                    Last edited by zamb; 01-26-2012, 11:05 PM.
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• they look like working men and women, makes me think of the importance of being able to do things with your own two hands.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Wait until I get photos from Geoffrey and write a proper review.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Lovely presentation and I really enjoyed the styling for the pieces.

I noticed the continuation of his "sack coat" cut but some of the other jackets/blazers have a slimmer, more fitted look to them with slimmer sleeves as well which make them more appealing to me.

To me his 3 piece suit is still the standout, distinctly GBS look and done in this fabric is really something to behold.

This is also fitted beautifully and matching the buttons in color instead of using contrasting buttons gives it a more modern feel while still retaining the GBS aura.

Well done Geoffrey! I can't wait to see more official photos and the detail shots as that is where the magic lies!
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Review and photos on StyleZeitgeist Magazine's website.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• (((o
                              • May 2009

Thank you for that nice review. Seems like it was truly something else in terms of a fashion show. Hopefully there'll be a video like with the logomania revisited show.
                              i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                                • Mar 2009

Yes, thanks for the review. Makes me regret not to be able to make it to the show nor to the showroom once again. Geoffrey's work is probably the only reason left I would make the effort of coming to Paris during the Fashion week, if I had enough time and energy.

The collection looks really great - I am quite certain talc is just here for the sake of the presentation. Knowing the way GBS makes his garment, it is bound to be spectacular up close. I would die for one of those suits. I wouldn't need anything else for years. What a great achievement : creating garments that will make you stop buying clothes compulsively.
                                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎