(continued from above)

Comment

• LOVE
      • Dec 2007

so much content, all of it so interesting

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

I have those black Hi tops in post #622.
        They are one of the best shoes I've ever own and possibly the best sneakers I have ever had. I've been wearing them 3-4 times per week for the entire fall winter and will certainly need a second pair when these go out. Whenever I need something aesthetically consistent with my everyday wear and cannot bother with the discomfort of wearing boots for hours at a time this is my go to sneakers............

Best of all, when my son decides to help me dress this is the shoes he reaches for the most
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Slstr
          • Feb 2013

Geoffrey, do you have any more information about this jacket?
          I purchased it a few days ago, it's yet to arrive but I'd love to know a little bit of the story behind it, how it was made, etc.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
            • Nov 2007

Dear Sistr,
            Looks like an LUJ10. If that is the case, we have only made about 15 of these in the world since 2010 in slightly different versions and variations. Let us know the dealer you purchased it from, it should come with a full set of hangtag documentation from us with a hand numbered hangtag, and possibly also a handsigned numeration of the actual piece inside the garment itself. Let me know the numbering and tag info as well as the dealer, and I will get back to you about the exact piece you have purchased and its specific production history and details. OK? Hope this is helpful...
            Best wishes, Geoffrey

Comment

• March27
              • Apr 2013

Hi Geoffrey,
              i want to buy this jacket too,can you give me more information about this?shops or ecommerce?
              All my best and great job man
              Originally posted by Geoffrey B. Small View Post
              Dear Sistr,
              Looks like an LUJ10. If that is the case, we have only made about 15 of these in the world since 2010 in slightly different versions and variations. Let us know the dealer you purchased it from, it should come with a full set of hangtag documentation from us with a hand numbered hangtag, and possibly also a handsigned numeration of the actual piece inside the garment itself. Let me know the numbering and tag info as well as the dealer, and I will get back to you about the exact piece you have purchased and its specific production history and details. OK? Hope this is helpful...
              Best wishes, Geoffrey
              FOLLOW WHITE RABBIT

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

If you are in China, eth0s, one of our affiliates, is hosting a GBS event.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Slstr
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Geoffrey B. Small View Post
                  Dear Sistr,
                  Best wishes, Geoffrey
                  It came from re-porter, a montreal-based consignment store.
                  No tags or info with it, but I have to say it really has surpassed my already very high expectations. Incredible materials, buttons, construction... I've been wearing it every day since it arrived. Brilliant.

Comment

• old
                    • Jul 2009

Great to see you finally entering the Chinese market Geoffrey! Hope I'll get the chance to visit Shanghai soon.
                    Tradition ist Bewahrung des Feuers und nicht Anbetung der Asche.

Comment

• surver
                      • Oct 2007

some pics from yesterday's eth0s event :)

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Great!

would have been nice to attend

I sincerely hope it went well
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                          • Nov 2007

some notes on the LUJ10

Thanks Zamb, Old, Surver, Sistr, March27... Sorry to take so long to get back to you all, it is very, very busy here and Paris is coming up fast...

Our word from Eth0s is the opening there went extremely well, and I will try to put up something about it soon. In the meantime, many thanks Surver for the images you have put up already and all of the great work you did regarding your involvement with the event.

In regards to the LUJ10 that Sistr (*and March27) inquired about, without the original data it is a little tough for me to track it down exactly. Some of the pieces may have been signed inside with the name of the dealer we made it for. You can check for that and let me know, and that would help us identify it and its exact production series history. In any case, I am very glad to hear the piece is working well for you, I have one myself, and also like it very much. It is very wearable in warm weather and superlight and easy to put on with just about anything. Though each of the LUJ10's are a little different depending on when they were made and who they were made for, they all have the following characteristics which I can share with you both, Sistr and March27.

The super limited edition LUJ10 was first introduced in our June 2009 Paris collection presentation and was later produced in very limited quantities for deliveries for spring 2010, 2011 and 2012 respectively. A total of only 15 pieces have been made in the entire world to date.

It was made using our own original pattern with a special late 19th century split lapel seaming detail design and then cut in an exclusive greggio tailor’s pure superlight linen (which was not treated or finished with any chemicals) that was created and woven only for us by Luigi Parisotto and family in Sarcedo, Italy in a very limited quantity of about 29 meters.

After building the piece to its main phase of construction, we then specially cold hand dyed it in our studios for minimum carbon impact and maximum patina effects, as part of our pioneering of this technique in the Paris collection that the LUJ10 came from, which first introduced the technique in June 2009.

The design also features remarkable olive wood buttons that were made for us in Padova, Italy and then finished by hand in our workrooms at Cavarzere, along with real working handstitched surgeon cuffs sleeve buttonholes, and a total of 12 hand stitched buttonholes (each one requires 8-10 minutes to cut and sew) executed with pure silk Bozzolo threads that required at least two hours alone of expert work to create them. A special interior pocket design on one side of note was also executed using invisible patch pocket application technique and hand stitch finishing, along with the 3 other hand made classic besom pockets on the jacket.

We advise all owners to please treat buttons and buttonholes with care, and recommend professional clean only or hand wash extra gentle in cold water and protecting buttons with foil or plastic wrap when washing, and hang drying in air naturally. To maximize the life of the garment and its characteristics for the owner, we ask that you do not put it in washing machines or machine dryers, or wash with other items.

Our goal is to have all our pieces finished well enough as to be wearable inside out, and the LUJ10 is no exception. To maintain its maximum lightness and ensure its top quality , the interior was partially-lined with an antique striped viscose lining cloth that was specially woven for us in Como Italy by Tessitura Mauri, and then all beautifully clean finished with Italian bias-binding satin 'raise' tapes from Padova, and extensive french-seam detail work.

I provide some images for our workroom archives for viewers of the LUJ10 and various detail views here below.

As for March27's request, please note that for a long list of reasons, we do not authorize any ecommerce shopping sites to sell our work online anywhere in the world. Clients can contact our dealers directly with inquiries and make arrangements via email if they are far away to purchase our work. Of the 15 pieces made in the world, you may still find one of them among the dealers we made them for. Our archives indicate the LUJ10 was produced for IF in New York, '4' in Kuwait, Minority Rev in Japan, and Hostem in London. If none are available, depending on where you are, you may also contact any one of our current authorized dealers who handle our made to order services, and they may be able to arrange to have one made for you depending upon fabric and workroom time availability and current waiting lists.

Hope this is helpful.

Best wishes and thanks again, Geoffrey

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                            • Nov 2007

some notes on the LUJ10 (continued from above)

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                              • Nov 2007

today is Monsanto day

TODAY IS WORLDWIDE PROTEST DAY AGAINST MONSANTO

Geoffrey B. Small supports the people everywhere around the world today who march in protest of Monsanto's business practices, which in addition to food agriculture and the systematic attempts to patent and claim ownership rights to nature's fundamental dna biological codifications of life worldwide, now also includes the dangerous genetic modification and monopolization of cotton growing for the textiles and fashion industries.
                              Please join us today, thank you.

More info where and when here:
                              http://occupy-monsanto.com/

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                                • Nov 2007

New Works on StyleZeitgeist.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰