Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

I didn't get to read what Noumenos wrote prior to deletion, but regardless if any reader agrees or disagrees with Geoffrey's approach to design and fashion as a whole (along with the connected social commentary), I have to applaud his willingness to continue a dialogue with every individual in this thread.

Going so far as to offer a personal invitation to his Paris showing as part of this ongoing effort to continue the conversation is quite respectable.

All the best in Paris Geoffrey! One of these days I hope our paths will cross!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Senpai
        • Apr 2014

Oh man, so many fantastic looks. It's hard to pick a favorite. That last one posted above is especially strong, but I also love the look with the patchwork trousers. I hope those cropped trousers come in a black!

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

best collection this season by a mile.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

It was a great collection, probably Geoffrey's best in my opinion even though unfortunately I wasn't able to see it in the showroom. The presentation was also beautiful, very sentimental just like you'd except from the maestro. I tried to capture the mood in the photos but its of course impossible. Hopefully Geoffrey will have time later to talk about the collection and the show a bit!
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• newp
              • Feb 2013

I was deeply impressed by lowrey's photos and of course by the collection itself. I love how Geoffrey is able to deliver his idea to the spectator, no one in my opinion is able to do it better than him. Jackets, coats, shirts, pants are close to perfection in my world and perception of fashion. Thank you for making me able to look at it!

Comment

• bukka
                • Sep 2011

I need to handle those clothes... Every picture is great but, at the same time, it seems like the best part is in the details. Is there any possibility to see this irl?
                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• surver
                  • Oct 2007

including close-ups

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                    • Nov 2007

thank you so much...

Dear Friends,

First, let me say thank you to everyone here for your kind words and comments regarding our show, and thank you Faust, Lowrey and SZmag for the beautiful images that you took and posted… And of course, a very warm and heartfelt thank you to everyone who came and shared in our 90th collection presentation session in Paris this week. From our remarkable "Witness" show to our new expanded showroom presentation in the legendary Salle Philae of the Espace Saint Martin. it was truly a pleasure to see and work with each and everyone of our guests, clients, collaboration partners, and of course our dedicated GBS Paris team members on a wonderful and beautiful experience in designer clothing presentations at the world's highest independent levels. We look forward to continuing to build the dream together with each and every one of you, wherever you are.

Thank you again.
                    (photos of Bertold and the showroom courtesy Yusuke Shiiki, Japan.
                    Will try to provide more about the show and the collection soon)

Best wishes,
                    Geoffrey for everyone

Comment

• Senpai
                      • Apr 2014

Just noticed the jumpsuit! Truly my favorite show this season. Only one I've repetitively come back to. Really need to see your work in person sometime this year. Hopefully there will still be some 44s and 46s left by the time that happens...

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                        • Nov 2007

video of show "witness" in Paris

Thank you Senpai...
                        now up: video footage shot by Jerome Chichet in Paris of our "Witness" presentation
                        for AW2015. A remarkable experience, with many thanks to everyone who was involved,
                        here is the unlisted Youtube link for SZer's, hope you enjoy viewing it as much as we had being there and putting it on….

Last edited by Geoffrey B. Small; 02-08-2015, 10:35 AM. Reason: graphics

Comment

• C.R.E.A.M
                          • Feb 2015

Hi all,

Don't think it has been posted yet, but i've seen this little coverage of Geoffrey's last show on SOME/THINGS website a few days ago:

Love your work mister Small.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                            • Nov 2007

Dear C.R.E.A.M, Thank you so much for this post-link on Some/Things, the wonderful backstage pictures are a credit to both the models: Jack, Janek and Mohand (from Studio KLRP), Alexandre, Hadrian, Nic Tan, Pascalito, Ahkim, Stephane Olivier... and the remarkable photographer Matteo Carcelli, of whom we are very big fans. For example, as featured here in our new video campaign piece for Eth0s in China photographed by him in Paris to coincide with our latest delivery now arriving in Shanghai. Hope you like it. Best wishes and thanks again, Geoffrey

Comment

• udbrud
                              • Dec 2013

The pieces in this video look gorgeous. The way the shape themselves on the bodies and the subtle textures are wonderful. Especially the shirt (?) with concealed buttons has me mesmerized - it's almost like it tricks the eye, looking both light and heavy at once.
                              Would love to see these in person some day - obviously seeing them on a computer screen is not quite the same as the tactile experience.

Comment

• nictan
                                • Jul 2009

^udbrud, of course not a perfect replacement for a real-life tactile experience, but you can grab a closer look at the images in the video slideshow Geoffrey posted above is available on the eth0s website or fb page

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎