• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TabulaRasa
    • Jun 2014

Dear Geoffrey,

Thanks so much for the reply.

The jacket is absolutely beautiful in every way! And NicTan at Eth0s was extremely helpful and patient helping me choose the right piece and size.

While I do love the summertime, I am certainly looking forward to the cooler months so I can actually wear it.

Thanks again for doing what you do and for responsibly making the world a more beautiful place.
    The music I make.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Welcome back to NYC Geoffrey!

I will definitely be at Hotoveli....
      see you soon!

ZB
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• clay
        • Sep 2006

Really looking forward to the event in NYC also! I rsvp'd the other day.

Comment

• the breaks
          • Sep 2007

After reading that I suddenly feel almost an obligation to purchase one of your pieces. You're everything "fashion" isn't and I wish there were more like you.
          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
            After reading that I suddenly feel almost an obligation to purchase one of your pieces. You're everything "fashion" isn't and I wish there were more like you.
            Same here, I'm strongly thinking about this

Comment

• voltbird
              • Feb 2014

I assume Geoffrey will be speaking at the NYC event as well? Would love to know around what time, if so, as I may or may not be able to scoot out of my office early...

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

He'll not be doing a lecture like in a picture above, no. Just a low-key one on one with potential clients.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• voltbird
                  • Feb 2014

Thanks, Faust! Good to know.

Comment

• Cantara
                    • Mar 2015

I recently bought one of your suspender pants. It is now one of my favorite things in my wardrobe. Looking forward to meeting you at the event!

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

Geoffrey B. Small at Hotoveli
                      Photography by Wataru Shimosato

More on SZ-mag

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

It was such a pleasure to host this. Thank you to all who came and it was nice to meet new forum members.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
                          • Apr 2008

It is a shame the photos are not in colour: it makes it near impossible to appreciate GBS's work fully.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Hotoveli bought everything in black.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                              • Nov 2007

Reeling in jet-lag...thanks again to everyone: and now it's time for some women's

THANKS TO EVERYONE...

for the wonderful hospitality and welcome during my visits to LA, NY, Shanghai and Berlin. To Faust, Michael, Steve, Ryan and the team at Hotoveli for the SZ event there (it was great to meet Clay, Ahimsa, Zam Barrett and so many others there). A thank you to everyone at IF as well, and to all of you who have left comments here from Snafu, Cantara, Voltbird, galia, the breaks, to even Acid,bitter&sad (I don't know what happened to your post-but thanks anyway it was great while it was up!).

I am now back in Italy with a wicked battle of jet-lag I am fighting from an insane one-way ticket itinerary that spanned less than 2 weeks that literally took me around-the-world ... as the Italian sartoria team gets back to work on a brutally intense month that will require building and shipping some 250+ hand made pieces for our store clients, as well as the creation and development of our next women's prototype collection that we will introduce on 3 October at 8.30PM in Paris. An impossible workload, that must be done by just 10 people if the firm is to survive and continue its growth. But that is part of the price you pay for being and staying a pure independent design company in this day and age. We have no working hours, only work. And while much attention has been placed on our men's work here on SZ, we would like to make a few upcoming posts about our women's collection too, which actually represents about half of our worldwide business even though it seems to garner far less attention than our menswear.

Here below is the Paris show video for the current AW2015 collection "forests & trees" which is arriving in stores now and is dedicated to raising awareness about deforestation and its powerful effect on global warming with pieces that represent a series of unique new techniques in tailoring that give rise to tree forms and shapes, and a presentation that pushed and tested our model team, choreography, and timing skills to the absolute limit (honestly, we almost didn't make it on this one--but that is another story and post). We will try to put up photos in more detail soon. Pieces from this collection are arriving now at Hotoveli and IF in New York, Noodle Stories in LA, Eth0s in Shanghai, Kamille in Paris, Hostem in London, Persuade in Bilbao, Arts & Science and Journal Standard Luxe in Tokyo, Raffi in Treviglio, Farenah in Sofia, 24th of August in Osaka and Permanent Modern in Kumamoto.

Hope you like the show... thanks again, Geoffrey

Comment

• rider
                                eyes of the world
                                • Jun 2009

Although I planned on being at Hotoveli to meet you and also to see friends I haven't seen in much too long a time, that plan went AWOL with late day meetings. Truly a bummer, I was sulking... BUT at least I got to see the womenswear earlier on in the week. I swooned [like a tree ] over the long black cashmere cardigan with wood buttons (seen in the video) and I need to go back to try the heavy wool suspender trousers. I am such a goner when it comes to suspenders and yours are sinfully good.

Along with Hotoveli and IF, Caryl from Noodle Stories has a fabulous selection. She has mostly lighter weight wools in navy pinstripe. She sent me the mid length straight suspender skirt ;-) in the same fabric used for the menswear line, I believe. I adore it, its unequivocally one of the greatest skirts I've ever owned, honest... its all about the FABRIC and attention to female form; the way the buttons sweep across the hips and the silk lining underneath that gives the slightest essence of structure. Its so cool!

Looking forward to next season and maybe one day a pair of breeches if I ever get to actually meet you in person...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎