Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Smoking: cigarettes, cigars, whatever

Yeah I too find it very hard to fathom how to drink without smoking...even when I was a non smoker, when I drank I'd always feel the urge to at least bum a few cigarettes here and there, and now that I've been smoking for a few years it goes without saying...I dunno how people do it.

I'll quit one day, but I just gotta be in the right place, time and circumstances. Most likely when I get married and start to have children.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

I quit drinking to, definitely makes it easier to quit smoking.

Partagas (serie P/#2). where2kop Cohiba Behike??

e-cigs remind me of the 5th element.

i try not to smoke too much for obvious health and budget reasons but when i do i like davidoffs (in canada)

im moving to the states soon so ill probably try some new ones luckys, marlie lights, maybe even a pack of newports :)

dont know where to get the nice looking dunhills ive seen online though

I'd say it's worth trying A newport, just to say you've been there. Dunno if you'd want to run through a whole pack, you might not make it to the finish line.
    www.matthewhk.net

newports are the fucking greatest

btw i don't get the reason for smoking lights unless you're trying to quit, which even then is kind of a ridiculous concept

shit tastes like nothing

Used to smoke a shitload of gudang garam when i was working. The unfiltered ones were the shittt.

Been smoking sampoerna more recently though i regulate between dunhill and lucky strikes. I've got no idea why most people outside of southeast asia find clove cigs to be too strong for them.

Used to smoke 2 packs a day now im down to a pack.

Chantix. Great medication.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    newports are the fucking greatest

btw i don't get the reason for smoking lights unless you're trying to quit, which even then is kind of a ridiculous concept

shit tastes like nothing
    once i got free matinee cigs, they tasted like NOTHING. like suckin in air with a hint of popcorn smell, so gross.

i can fuck with some lights though, red-top marlies are sometimes just too intense.

Quote Originally Posted by galia View Post
    davidoff lights
    slightly trashy, but I like that they are all white. I think the brown filter is ugly. I would very much like to smoke black cigarettes, but can't find a brand that does black, except for the gross chocolate ones
    what about djarum? how do you even spell that?

im moving to the states soon and wondering what I should try. American Spirits, Luckies, anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by homi View Post
    what about djarum? how do you even spell that?

im moving to the states soon and wondering what I should try. American Spirits, Luckies, anything else?
    Djarum Blacks taste like Worcestershire sauce and I find it near impssible to have more than one, nonetheless a whole pack.

I don't think one should smoke for the image and I would never not smoke a cigarette because it's ugly if I enjoy the flavour.

Incidentally my e-cigarette is black...

oh yeah rothmans are pretty good. i like em.

Quote Originally Posted by homi View Post
    chesterfields i guess

can't you get american spirits in toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    Djarum Blacks taste like Worcestershire sauce and I find it near impssible to have more than one, nonetheless a whole pack.

I don't think one should smoke for the image and I would never not smoke a cigarette because it's ugly if I enjoy the flavour.
    Well obviously, I'm the same. I like the taste of my smokes otherwise I'd revert to Malby
    I'd simply like to try black cigs because I think they look sick, and if I like the taste I could switch

In regards to quitting:

I smoked heavily from high school well into my 20's. I finally came to the realization that this would most likely kill me. Or lead to another health problem that would kill me. It may not be for a decade or so, but it's a slow progression towards cancer. So, I tried to quit. Of course I got drunk and relapsed. So I'd try again. And I'd relapse again. Sometimes the relapse would last a week. Another time it lasted close to a year. The key is to keep trying and trying. It gets easier each time. I can't count the amount of times that I've thrown a pack into the garbage, only to buy another pack a few days later.
    Now I'm smoke free for over 3 years. Even after 6 months I felt a lot healthier. It's a bit easier here in the US now that most cities are smoke-free in bars. But this is not helping my love of booze. We'll leave that for another thread. Good luck.

hahaha

I must say I'm impressed at the total absence of smoker-bashing going on, this forum really is different

Quote Originally Posted by new_dawn_fades View Post
    what cigarettes do you smoke?

usually peter stuyvesants or davidoff golds

that or any rollie(american spirit is good baccy)

Yeah Davidoff Golds or Rich Blue.....

made in Germany under license of Davidoff Swiss if i remember well....

^Catching up with this thread.

American Cigarettes:
    M&M standards were my staple until the place got shut down by the smoking ban in chicago. There is a tobacco store on spring street (not too far from A) that still has six or seven packs left. Before that it was lucky strike full flavor filtered. Everything I like gets bought up and put out of business so I've switched to whatever feels good at the moment. Most american cigarettes suck.

Black Cigarettes: Smoke zanzibar, they are superior to djarum and there is less sugar applied to the filter. The crossfire is a good alternative to the black though I don't believe they have a cigarette comparable to the black super smooth, which sucks anyway and is a pointless variation on an already tired idea.

Davidoff lights: Are extremely trashy, all light cigarettes are trashy.

In Vienna, I smoke Gauloises. The best regular-price cigarettes in my opinion. In England I can't get them so I smoke Camel and Dunhill, whichever I feel like at the time.

In America, I pretty much don't smoke. I've gone through 3 packs since coming here five weeks ago. Went with Camel because the American pack looks way too cool.

They're terribly gimmicky, but I've been trying to get my hands on some Nat Sherman Fantasias.

Quote Originally Posted by galia View Post
    I must say I'm impressed at the total absence of smoker-bashing going on, this forum really is different
    I dunno about anyone else but for me a few of the inspirations to parts of this forum I cannot detach from the idea of tobacco.

Yohji for instance - the smoker's designer.
    www.matthewhk.net

It has almost always been fashionable to smoke.