X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aleks
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by homi View Post
    what about djarum? how do you even spell that?

im moving to the states soon and wondering what I should try. American Spirits, Luckies, anything else?
    Djarum Blacks taste like Worcestershire sauce and I find it near impssible to have more than one, nonetheless a whole pack.

I don't think one should smoke for the image and I would never not smoke a cigarette because it's ugly if I enjoy the flavour.

Incidentally my e-cigarette is black...

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

oh yeah rothmans are pretty good. i like em.

Originally posted by homi View Post
      im moving to the states soon and wondering what I should try. American Spirits, Luckies, anything else?
      chesterfields i guess

can't you get american spirits in toronto

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Aleks View Post
        Djarum Blacks taste like Worcestershire sauce and I find it near impssible to have more than one, nonetheless a whole pack.

I don't think one should smoke for the image and I would never not smoke a cigarette because it's ugly if I enjoy the flavour.
        Well obviously, I'm the same. I like the taste of my smokes otherwise I'd revert to Malby
        I'd simply like to try black cigs because I think they look sick, and if I like the taste I could switch

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

In regards to quitting:

I smoked heavily from high school well into my 20's. I finally came to the realization that this would most likely kill me. Or lead to another health problem that would kill me. It may not be for a decade or so, but it's a slow progression towards cancer. So, I tried to quit. Of course I got drunk and relapsed. So I'd try again. And I'd relapse again. Sometimes the relapse would last a week. Another time it lasted close to a year. The key is to keep trying and trying. It gets easier each time. I can't count the amount of times that I've thrown a pack into the garbage, only to buy another pack a few days later.
          Now I'm smoke free for over 3 years. Even after 6 months I felt a lot healthier. It's a bit easier here in the US now that most cities are smoke-free in bars. But this is not helping my love of booze. We'll leave that for another thread. Good luck.

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

hahaha

I must say I'm impressed at the total absence of smoker-bashing going on, this forum really is different

Comment

• Rech
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
              what cigarettes do you smoke?

usually peter stuyvesants or davidoff golds

that or any rollie(american spirit is good baccy)

Yeah Davidoff Golds or Rich Blue.....

made in Germany under license of Davidoff Swiss if i remember well....

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                • Oct 2008

^Catching up with this thread.

American Cigarettes:
                M&M standards were my staple until the place got shut down by the smoking ban in chicago. There is a tobacco store on spring street (not too far from A) that still has six or seven packs left. Before that it was lucky strike full flavor filtered. Everything I like gets bought up and put out of business so I've switched to whatever feels good at the moment. Most american cigarettes suck.

Black Cigarettes: Smoke zanzibar, they are superior to djarum and there is less sugar applied to the filter. The crossfire is a good alternative to the black though I don't believe they have a cigarette comparable to the black super smooth, which sucks anyway and is a pointless variation on an already tired idea.

Davidoff lights: Are extremely trashy, all light cigarettes are trashy.
                Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                  • Jan 2007

In Vienna, I smoke Gauloises. The best regular-price cigarettes in my opinion. In England I can't get them so I smoke Camel and Dunhill, whichever I feel like at the time.

In America, I pretty much don't smoke. I've gone through 3 packs since coming here five weeks ago. Went with Camel because the American pack looks way too cool.

They're terribly gimmicky, but I've been trying to get my hands on some Nat Sherman Fantasias.
                  Originally posted by jogu
                  i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by galia View Post
                    I must say I'm impressed at the total absence of smoker-bashing going on, this forum really is different
                    I dunno about anyone else but for me a few of the inspirations to parts of this forum I cannot detach from the idea of tobacco.

Yohji for instance - the smoker's designer.
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Aleks
                      • Feb 2009

It has almost always been fashionable to smoke.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                        I'd say it's worth trying A newport, just to say you've been there. Dunno if you'd want to run through a whole pack, you might not make it to the finish line.
                        Due to Mass I can now smoke a pack of Newport/day no problem. I smoke Gauloises like Sartre and Orwell.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

I pay 5,50euros for mine, but there are cheaper brands. Still, the governement is totally raping us smokers with taxes

Comment

• asho
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
                            i dunno if we get newport or gauloises here in oz

id like to try them out..

I had a pack of MANITOU'S a lil while back and i must say theyre quite nice and smooth. I dont like heavy cigs, i dont like light ones either.. so if this is you its probably worth a shot. They werent expensive here either..
                            those sucked... you needed to cut half the filter off to get any enjoyment whatsoever.

Comment

• mass
                              • Sep 2006

do they still sell ducados in europe?

cigs here are 8-9$ a pack, 70 for a carton (cheaper brands i think are 5-7)

Comment

• mass
                                • Sep 2006

yessir

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡