X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
    Right. Just sit tight cause you absolutely can get your money back it's just how much trouble you'll have to go through. Worst can happen is just sue them since grailed probably won't take your money and run away.
    Quick update: got my money back. They (Grailed Nico) finally started answering my emails and within a few hours had the fee back into my account again. Was a bit of a hassle, but in the end they took care of the issue in a good manner.

Comment

• 37ING
      • Jun 2015

I had a trouble sending a RO tee to Canada (using airmail).

The item did not reach the buyer's hand after 36days (counted from the day I shipped it out). He claim that he doesn't receive anything from me and trying to track the parcel but can't. So I did some research and found out that Canada Post is no longer providing tracking info for track numbers starting with R, or any inbound 'registered' mail as what they posted somewhere: http://i.imgur.com/Kojar7X.png.

I contacted my national postal courier and they confirmed that the item is in Canada now. However they need some time to contact Canada Post and figure it out where is the parcel now.

The buyer can't tolerate anymore so he open a paypal dispute and ask for refund. I am worry that he win the dispute and got the item. Anyone had similar case before?

Comment

• Kuleshov
        • Jul 2014

I don't know if its the appropriate thread but what's the best way to do a trade on Grailed ?

thanks !

Comment

• derpington
          • Oct 2009

I would try to do something where I'd Paypal the individual the asking price for the item, and then have them Paypal the same amount of money back for your item. This would at least allow you to have your credit card and Paypal protection if the other party is trying to scam you. Personally, I wouldn't trade with anyone on Grailed, though.

Comment

• nvsnli
            • Mar 2013

Got a deal in Grailed, seller asked my email to send more pictures but figured he just wanted to dodge Grailed fees.
            I was correct and he wanted to do offsite deal, he sent an invoice for me but there is a dodgy part in the invoice.
            In the Terms & Conditions part it says following: No returns or cancellation, my good isn't sent as agreed

Done few deals with reputable sellers before and i have never seen notice like that in terms & conditions before.
            Im figuring its a straight scam, nothing else.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
              Got a deal in Grailed, seller asked my email to send more pictures but figured he just wanted to dodge Grailed fees.
              I was correct and he wanted to do offsite deal, he sent an invoice for me but there is a dodgy part in the invoice.
              In the Terms & Conditions part it says following: No returns or cancellation, my good isn't sent as agreed

Done few deals with reputable sellers before and i have never seen notice like that in terms & conditions before.
              Im figuring its a straight scam, nothing else.
              That is very unusual.
              Note that grailed does not offer any kind of buyer/seller protection, other then suspending or blacklisting an account. They just tell you to deal with a bad seller though paypal.

Comment

• Law
                • Dec 2013

I'm new to buying on Grailed and have made about 5 purchases so far, all without a hitch.
                Seemingly having my first issue with a seller which is really pissing me off. Purchased a Rick Owens
                top off a seller over two weeks ago with seemingly full feedback. Asked for a tracking number and was told
                "Sure! Will get it to you by the end of the day", two days or so later I forgot that I didn't receive it, so I contacted him again to be told "I'm out of town on business so don't have access to it, but I sent it already, you should have it by the end of the week (Friday)". Friday came, nothing, so I give it until Tuesday and he then tells me "The package arrived back to me this morning, I must have labeled it wrongly, I can send it out again today with tracking or give you a refund".

I tell him to send it out again and provide me with the tracking number, this was 8:30am in the morning, 8pm I message again to ask for it, no reply. Wednesday, I nudge him again, nothing, Thursday nothing, it's now Friday and I've just opened a PayPal dispute case to give him a nudge. My guess is that he's had sellers remorse and is deliberately trying to instigate a refund, rather than send the item, so we'll see.

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Law View Post
                  I'm new to buying on Grailed and have made about 5 purchases so far, all without a hitch.
                  Seemingly having my first issue with a seller which is really pissing me off. Purchased a Rick Owens
                  top off a seller over two weeks ago with seemingly full feedback. Asked for a tracking number and was told
                  "Sure! Will get it to you by the end of the day", two days or so later I forgot that I didn't receive it, so I contacted him again to be told "I'm out of town on business so don't have access to it, but I sent it already, you should have it by the end of the week (Friday)". Friday came, nothing, so I give it until Tuesday and he then tells me "The package arrived back to me this morning, I must have labeled it wrongly, I can send it out again today with tracking or give you a refund".

I tell him to send it out again and provide me with the tracking number, this was 8:30am in the morning, 8pm I message again to ask for it, no reply. Wednesday, I nudge him again, nothing, Thursday nothing, it's now Friday and I've just opened a PayPal dispute case to give him a nudge. My guess is that he's had sellers remorse and is deliberately trying to instigate a refund, rather than send the item, so we'll see.
                  There is a big surprise for him: he will lose 10% of the item price in case of a refund and it would be really difficult for him to get it back.

Comment

• Law
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by newp View Post
                    There is a big surprise for him: he will lose 10% of the item price in case of a refund and it would be really difficult for him to get it back.
                    Hope that's not the case and he's genuinely just a ditz/flake and will get his act together.

Comment

• Law
                      • Dec 2013

Got my money back in full from Paypal, prick didn't even answer/dispute. Upon closer inspection it seems like he was more than likely a con artist, as the images he used were not his and belonged to a legitimate and credible Grailed user. I tried bringing it up with Grailed via e-mail to warn them, but so far my e-mails have gone unanswered.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                        • Sep 2008

Got my money back in full from Paypal, prick didn't even answer/dispute. Upon closer inspection it seems like he was more than likely a con artist, as the images he used were not his and belonged to a legitimate and credible Grailed user. I tried bringing it up with Grailed via e-mail to warn them, but so far my e-mails have gone unanswered.
                        Don't get your hopes up on help from Grailed, had something similar before and they just directed me to take it with Paypal instead.
                        Good thing you got back you money through Paypal though!

Comment

• Law
                          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                          Don't get your hopes up on help from Grailed, had something similar before and they just directed me to take it with Paypal instead.
                          Good thing you got back you money through Paypal though!
                          Yeah man, lesson learned.

Comment

• doogle
                            • May 2009

What service do you guys use, when you sell on grailed, to ship from US to international destinations when the items are over $750?

There doesn't seem to be any service that can obtain and provide an online viewable signature, other than the expensive ones like DHL/FedEx/UPS, which will all charge $200 for each package, say, 4 pounds, to Asia.

The Ebay Global Shipping Program seems to remove this headache, you just ship to their shipping facility in US, and they'll handle it from there and send it out internationally. In case of buyers starting a claim that package hasn't reached them, and you are only responsible for the package's safe arrival from you to Ebay's shipping center . It will still require the signature confirmation for anything $750+, but only from you to Ebay shipping center, which you can easily get from USPS, since it's domestic, not international.

Outside of that, I've not found any reasonably priced options. What's everyone take on this, having to ship internationally but with signature confirmation, selling on forums and grailed etc.?

Comment

• augustinn
                              • Sep 2013

USPS Express Mail(EMS)-takes less than a week most countries
                              Or USPS 1st Class Registered --a different customs form (less expensiv, takes about 2 weeks, very secure).
                              I have always marked items used, at right below their import fees limit

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Sooo, I am selling an old camera on Craigslist, but the buyer wants me to ship it and pay through PayPal. He's offering $100 over my asking price to cover shipping and PayPal fees. Sounds a bit too good to be true. What if he receives it and makes a bogus excuse and files a PayPal claim? How much recourse do I realistically have if I did not sell through eBay.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎