Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mononon
    • Sep 2009

not personally, but there is a thread up on styleforum.net that i read that is dedicated to this same subject, so it's best to use the personal method occasionally only / avoid it. chances are paypal is gonna remove it soon anyways.
    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• nakata
      Banned
      • Oct 2009

they also stated that they recently changed their pricing so that all PayPal customers can receive money from friends and family within the US and CA for free. if they're gonna remove "personal payment" soon anyways, how can we receive money from friends/family for free?

Comment

• BeauIXI
        • Nov 2008

PayPal is shit. I keep getting this stinking situation where I can only pay by echeck or by CC, not instant transfer using my checking account. I used to be able to do it, now they say I need a Credit Card to ensure the money just in case it bounces. I have a registered and confirmed credit card on paypal.. What could be the issue?

Also, if I get finds in USD, my primary currency is CAD and I want to pay for something in EUR, why the hell do I have to convert from USD to CAD in order to convert from CAD to EUR? It's costing me dearly to sell to the US and buy from Europe...
        Originally posted by philip nod
        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• AZH
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
          PayPal is shit. I keep getting this stinking situation where I can only pay by echeck or by CC, not instant transfer using my checking account. I used to be able to do it, now they say I need a Credit Card to ensure the money just in case it bounces. I have a registered and confirmed credit card on paypal.. What could be the issue?

Also, if I get finds in USD, my primary currency is CAD and I want to pay for something in EUR, why the hell do I have to convert from USD to CAD in order to convert from CAD to EUR? It's costing me dearly to sell to the US and buy from Europe...
          Really? My primary currency is CAD too. As I remember, last time I paid for Hide through PayPal, PP just converted my leftover USD funds into Yen. They didnt go through USD->CAD->Yen. But it was last October.

Comment

• jgan85
            • Apr 2008

first one could be due to the policy changes in seller protection - if buyer doesn't receive the goods and opens a claim, funds in seller's PP account put on hold, if seller provides tracking information from a recognised shipping company (not a problem for Can/US, but quite a pain for certain Asian countries) = PayPal releases funds to seller, tries to charge buyer's CC / call buyer every other day to hound buyer for funds.

second.. could just ask for payment in CAD i guess, PP sucks that way, don't even think about how many pips PP earns each time there is a multi-currency transaction.
            ________
            METHADONE REHAB FORUM
            Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• BeauIXI
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jgan85 View Post
              second.. could just ask for payment in CAD i guess, PP sucks that way, don't even think about how many pips PP earns each time there is a multi-currency transaction.
              Could, but then they'd get dinged for the conversion. I'd rather include that little extra in my asking price.
              Originally posted by philip nod
              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

i have a friend that i used to loan money to with paypal and when it came time to pay me back he used paypal but called me up and was like dude, it wont let me instant xfer to u , says echeck only. well i wasnt in a hurry so i was like ya sure thats fine . sometime later i ask him wtf happened like whyd PP limit his sendin options, well he told me the truth : it was cos he was havin bank problems like bounced checks etc , he bought somethin on ebay with instant xfer and apparently how it worked was the money would get sent from PP to the seller instantly but no funds were actually bein withdrawn from him until like a good week later . when it came time to take the money outta his checking account he didnt have enough to cover it so PP got screwed i guess and was like ok thats it, echeck only for you .

Comment

• stretcheroo
                  • Nov 2009

I have an eBay question: A couple of times I have attempted to sell a much sought after item, i.e., Lanvin high-tops. I get 500 views, 100 people watching, 50 bids, etc. Then someone with no feedback comes in, outbids everyone else, and then never pays. I apologize for being naive, but why would someone do that?

Comment

• lgeorge
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                    I am trying to send money. Paypal says "This transaction cannot be completed...". Paypal can suck my balls. What is wrong?
                    Do you have your credit card validated by any chance? They have all sorts of restrictions. I know their site navigation is complicated (it took me a few hours to find a custom "buy button") but if you read carefully it will tell you (on some page) what's wrong.
                    BeStylish.org Style is individual. Style is personal and it's a reflection of WHO YOU ARE. Oswald Boateng

Comment

• ironman
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by stretcheroo View Post
                      I have an eBay question: A couple of times I have attempted to sell a much sought after item, i.e., Lanvin high-tops. I get 500 views, 100 people watching, 50 bids, etc. Then someone with no feedback comes in, outbids everyone else, and then never pays. I apologize for being naive, but why would someone do that?
                      dunno why, but there's no way around it as far as i can tell

the option when making your listing is no buyers with feedback less than -1. if they are not bidding last minute, you can remove their bids and/or block their ID if they are repeat offenders

Comment

• kuugaia
                        • Feb 2010

^ From what I know, you can sell the item to the second highest bidder as well. It's a function that might take a small percentage out, I think it's somewhere in the eBay guide. Might be useful when that happens.

Comment

• cmitso412
                          • Feb 2010

A few weeks ago I sold something for around $350 on ebay and sent it out with a tracking number. USPS said that it was delivered but the buyer said he didn't receive it and payapal sided with him in the dispute even though the tracking said it was delivered. I'm out the item, ebay fees, and paypal fees! Anyone know if theres anything I can do about it? or if I call ebay they will at least wave their fees?
                          thanks in advance

Comment

• jgan85
                            • Apr 2008

^ you sent the tracking info to paypal and they still decided against you?
                            ________
                            Blowjob Movies
                            Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• ironman
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                              ^ From what I know, you can sell the item to the second highest bidder as well. It's a function that might take a small percentage out, I think it's somewhere in the eBay guide. Might be useful when that happens.
                              yeah, i forgot about that. if the buyer doesn't pay, you can do a "second offer" thing. but if the no feedback buyer outbid everyone, sometimes the second highest bidders don't want to pay their max bid amount. think of the no feedback bidder as a shill bid and how one would feel. of course if you really want it then you really want it (but then again they could just wait for you to re-list it)

Originally posted by cmitso412 View Post
                              A few weeks ago I sold something for around $350 on ebay and sent it out with a tracking number. USPS said that it was delivered but the buyer said he didn't receive it and payapal sided with him in the dispute even though the tracking said it was delivered. I'm out the item, ebay fees, and paypal fees! Anyone know if theres anything I can do about it? or if I call ebay they will at least wave their fees?
                              thanks in advance
                              that is fucked up, didn't know that could happen. what exactly does the tracking information say? sometimes i have had USPS stop at the postal office around the house and that's it. this is deemed unsufficient by PP dispute standards

don't think you can do anything about it, but you can always try. wish you luck on this

Comment

• cmitso412
                                • Feb 2010

I sent in the tracking number which says that it was delivered. I was shocked when they decided against me. I regret not paying for the signature required thing. ughhhh!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎