Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironman
    • Apr 2008

if the status reads, "Item was delivered" then you should definitely call PayPal and try to get it reversed back. again, i don't think it'll do much good because we all know PayPal doesn't give a fuck but you never know you may get lucky

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

whewww boy aint that some shit . thankfully in the 10 + yrs ive used paypal ive never had a bad problem ever but then i read shet like this and im like holy fuhhh..

so the story so far is some dick buys somethin, pays for it, receives it then decides nahhh i want it for free , u show PP the tracking which says nahhh son shit was DELIVERED and yet PP still sides against you ? the hell outta here . u should definately argue against that , scumbag bastards

Comment

• cmitso412
        • Feb 2010

yea thats exactly what happened. I wen tot the post office today to ask if they could tell me the exact address it was delivered to but they said that it wasn't possible. definitely going to try calling them. I just know that prick is lying. He didn't leave negative feedback so I think he feels bad.

Comment

• cmitso412
          • Feb 2010

some people just have no fucking morals.

Comment

• awlouie
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by nakata View Post
            fuck pp! just received the email from pp. they announced that they may have to disable your ability to receive personal payments, and then you will pay fees for all money received through PayPal.
            Here's what I received from pp recently:

Dear XXX,

We recently changed our pricing so that all PayPal customers can receive money from friends and family within the US for free. PayPal merchants receiving money as payment for a purchase, continue to incur fees.
            We’re not sure if you are aware of this, but we noticed that some of your customers are sending you personal payments for purchases.

Unfortunately, this violates our rules, and we need your help correcting this. Please don’t ask or allow your customers to use personal payments to pay for their purchases.

If we continue to see such activity after Apr.27,2010, we may have to disable your ability to receive personal payments, and then you will pay fees for all money received through PayPal.

You can find more information about payment types and fees in sections 4.2 and 8 of our User Agreement – just click “Legal Agreements” at the bottom of any PayPal page.

If you have any questions, concerns, or think we may have made a
            mistake, please contact us at p2p@paypal.com. Thank you for helping us resolve this matter.

Sincerely,

Personal to Personal Team

PayPal
            "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
            -Bruce Lee

Comment

• nakata
              Banned
              • Oct 2009

This exact email I received from pp

Originally posted by awlouie View Post
              Here's what I received from pp recently:

Dear XXX,

We recently changed our pricing so that all PayPal customers can receive money from friends and family within the US for free. PayPal merchants receiving money as payment for a purchase, continue to incur fees.
              We’re not sure if you are aware of this, but we noticed that some of your customers are sending you personal payments for purchases.

Unfortunately, this violates our rules, and we need your help correcting this. Please don’t ask or allow your customers to use personal payments to pay for their purchases.

If we continue to see such activity after Apr.27,2010, we may have to disable your ability to receive personal payments, and then you will pay fees for all money received through PayPal.

You can find more information about payment types and fees in sections 4.2 and 8 of our User Agreement – just click “Legal Agreements” at the bottom of any PayPal page.

If you have any questions, concerns, or think we may have made a
              mistake, please contact us at p2p@paypal.com. Thank you for helping us resolve this matter.

Sincerely,

Personal to Personal Team

PayPal

Comment

• AZH
                • Jan 2008

^wow...That is so brutal. I wonder how many times you guys have received personal payments before PayPal sent you this. I have been receiving and sending payments as a gift quite a lot of times this month. I think payment may send me this soon.

Comment

• cmitso412
                  • Feb 2010

damn I agree those are pretty brutal. Typical for paypal to shit all over sellers though so I guess it's not surprising.

Comment

• treasurehoard
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by cmitso412 View Post
                    A few weeks ago I sold something for around $350 on ebay and sent it out with a tracking number. USPS said that it was delivered but the buyer said he didn't receive it and payapal sided with him in the dispute even though the tracking said it was delivered. I'm out the item, ebay fees, and paypal fees! Anyone know if theres anything I can do about it? or if I call ebay they will at least wave their fees?
                    thanks in advance

Did you get signature confirmation? Also was it domestic US or international?

On items over $250 you need to get signature confirmation in order to qualify for seller protection.

From PayPal:

Proof of delivery

Proof of delivery is acceptable documentation if a buyer files a claim, chargeback, or reversal for either an unauthorized payment or merchandise not received. You need online tracking information from a shipping company that:

1. Shows the status as delivered.
                    2. Shows the date of delivery.
                    3. Includes the recipient’s address, showing at least the city/state or ZIP code (or their equivalent).
                    4. For payments of $250 USD (or local currency equivalent) or more, includes proof of the recipient's signature to confirm delivery.
                    If you ship internationally w/ USPS some countries offer this others do not. Also with international shipments you may need to go to the countries postal site that you are shipping to. For example http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/default.jsf?LOCALE=en if you put in the USPS Express tracking number it will come up with more detailed information than if you put that tracking number into the USPS.com site. For these transactions the tracking on USPS is not enough since it just provides basic info like - delivered in Ontario, Canada or delivered in Germany etc. In order to be covered by seller protection it needs to say the city/town it was delivered to - delivered in Toronto, Ontario.

You might be able to call paypal and have them reverse the claim or they will tell you to appeal it. Appeals suck though. If you win they tell you that they are sending an e-mail to the other party but it is your responsibility to recover the money. So if the person is a scammer that isn't really helpful since they are probably not going to give the money back.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                      i have a friend that i used to loan money to with paypal and when it came time to pay me back he used paypal but called me up and was like dude, it wont let me instant xfer to u , says echeck only. well i wasnt in a hurry so i was like ya sure thats fine . sometime later i ask him wtf happened like whyd PP limit his sendin options, well he told me the truth : it was cos he was havin bank problems like bounced checks etc , he bought somethin on ebay with instant xfer and apparently how it worked was the money would get sent from PP to the seller instantly but no funds were actually bein withdrawn from him until like a good week later . when it came time to take the money outta his checking account he didnt have enough to cover it so PP got screwed i guess and was like ok thats it, echeck only for you .
                      Weird, but I can do instant transfer for payments to Oki-Ni, right now, today... Must be some sort of account incompatibility with certain people.
                      Originally posted by philip nod
                      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• cmitso412
                        • Feb 2010

I didn't have sig. confirmation but shipping confirmation, wasn't aware of the different ones at the time. I just called them and they told me they sided with him just because I didn't have sig. confirmation and that if I wanted to pursue it I could try to file a fraud claim through USPS.

Comment

• treasurehoard
                          • Dec 2009

Yeah you should file with USPS for mail fraud. You can also file with http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx . It is a couple of government agencies (FBI, NW3C, BJA) working together. Results can vary but they have successfully recovered merchandise/cash from scammers in the past. Some people have been contacted 6 months or even longer after they filed with good news that their items/money was recovered.

Unfortunately PayPal is not very helpful in these matters and basically assists them in committing fraud in many cases.

The world’s most-loved way to pay and get paid.

Comment

• cmitso412
                            • Feb 2010

thank you. I will definitely do that. Even if a year from now i'd love for him to not have my old iphone for free. I wonder if I could use the serial number or something to see if it's in use and who is using it through at&t or apple.

Comment

• treasurehoard
                              • Dec 2009

you might be able to report it stolen and get it bricked

You should also file a police report with the local authorities. If the scammer takes it into get it repaired/activated I think they have a system that flags it and then they will have his info and can return it to you and bust him.

Comment

• cmitso412
                                • Feb 2010

oh I will now that I know I can. I would love to see the look on the face of whoever has it when he/she sees that. I hope the person tries to take it to the apple store to ask what's wrong with it and the apple store takes it back when they bring it there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎